Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Just speculation however it seems that the Switch version of Mario Kart 8 is expected to come with additional features that the Wii U version does not have.

According to Nintendo Life, it seems that it has been spotted on the box cover art of the upcoming game that was leaked (and taken down) on EB Games Australia’s website that “Battle Mode” will be returning to the game. Mario Kart 8 did have some version of Battle Mode, but it seems that many did not quite like it as much as its predecessor.

We’re not sure what “All new” means, like whether or not it will be the return of the original Battle Mode or an improvement on the existing version. It was also revealed that gamers can look forward to a whopping 24 extra tracks, which means that there will be 6 more cups that gamers can race on. There will also be 10 new characters added to the game (with King Boo a pretty much cert to be one of them).

---------------------------------------

Official news should come from Nintendo on Jan 12th. I used to love the original battle mode on the SNES. With more fleshing out it could be a very good enhancement to this game.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the main reasons I picked up a Switch is for this.

It will 42 racers and 48 different tracks, which is phenomenal imo.

They are bringing back old items such as the ghost that would make you invisible and also allowing racers to hold 2 slots for boxes.

Like mentioned previously, its Battle mode which is getting the most overhaul. It will entail the following:

Renegade Roundup: Making its debut in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, this new mode has one team trying to capture the other and put them into jail before time runs out. The opposing team must try to escape and can break their own teammates out of prison by pressing a button under the jail cell.

Balloon Battle: In this oldie but goodie, players earn points by popping balloons on the back of their opponents’ karts.

Bob-omb Blast: Originally seen in the Mario Kart: Double Dash game, this mode finds players throwing a barrage of Bob-ombs at opponents.

Coin Runners: By racing across the Battle course, players try to collect the most coins as possible in this fast and frenetic mode introduced in Mario Kart Wii.

Shine Thief: Steal the coveted Shine Sprite and try to hold onto it for a 20 count in this classic multiplayer Battle mode.

April 28th release date.

20 hours ago, PlasticGaming said:

I assume Wii U and Switch users will not be able to play cross platform? (Unless MK8 WiiU got a massive update)

I can't find anything on it, however it is highly unlikely. The Switch from fall will be a paid subscription to play online whereas the 3DS and Wii U won't be. Based on sales though they'll probably be a much larger player base playing the game on Switch rather than the Wii U.

32 minutes ago, Findmartin said:

Sounds good Lee, maybe when I come round we'll finally ditch the SNES version and play the new one 😊

Absolutely! Although, we should play all the versions to see who will be the overall Mario Kart Champion 😃

Little tiny snippets of the new battle modes have been released. I think my favourite looks like the piranha mode where you can gobble your friends up.

Balloon Battle

Bob-omb Blast

Coin Runners

Piranha Plants vs. Spies

Shine Thief

Pre-ordering the game now comes with either the Feather Mug or the Boo Mug.

I don't think any Mario Kart game accomplished the perfect feather than the SNES version so you could use shortcuts. I'll be pre-ordering the feather for sure.

4de31774e02f67176df383fff230d438.jpg

6c0b0f51dec71cea0d688d477551fc7b.jpg

This game is just so gooooooood.

No wonder why its the first Nintendo to hit number 1 in the UK sales charts for 8 years.

I haven't played the Wii U version so I think I'm getting the full experience. As its effectively remastered for Switch, I'm not sure people who have played the game on Wii U will have the same opinion.

Still, the amount of content is just ridiculous. And then you have online play. I need some more time to play it but I can honestly say the Switch is 100% worth their money right now, even with the small current base of games at the time of writing this.