Riot has begun work on a League of Legends "practice tool"

GazzaGarratt

Riot has announced "Work’s just now kicking off on a practice tool," it said in a new update, "but we’re ready to talk broad notes." 

The practice tool is going to be "low-scope, simple, and straightforward" at first, "close to a punching bag and weights for practicing execution." Players of all skill levels should get some value out of it, but multiplayer support for team drills or pro play isn't currently planned. The tool will give players access to infinite gold and enable them to reset cooldowns, lock their levels, and freeze minion spawns.   

"Practice tool is League’s version of sparring with a punching bag: the extra training you can do with a mechanically unfamiliar champion so you can enter the Rift with more confidence," Riot said. "We’re still figuring out the full list of features, but future additions will be similarly focused on helping you practice more effectively by yourself and polish your mechanical abilities."

I'm not LoL expert by any means but this prototype seems to have made the community very happy.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I ready about this the other day and I'm very excited.  

League has had custom games forever, but it was never a sandbox.  You still had to play against bots or other players, level up as normal, etc.  With this new mode, it will allow players to quickly try out different item builds, skill order leveling up, etc.  It should be pretty awesome.  You could always do this before, but you had to play a game, now you can just set the parameters and have at it.  Very cool Riot, very cool.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png