...Yes, That Auptyk

Auptyk

Hey,

Now, I know we have some history. We haven't spoken in 3+ years now. However, I thought of you guys today randomly and thought I would hunt you down. Some Google searching later... here I am.

I know our history is not the best. However, I am asking for a second chance here. I understand if the answer is a negative, no need to use the ban hammer, ill just bail. If the answer is in the positive, ill make a more in depth intro.

-Auptyk

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You & I had some issues in the past, but it's been a long time and I am the type of guy that will not hold old grudges against someone unless it's over something pretty serious, which gaming IMO isn't all that serious in the overall scheme of life. So long as Dave and the mods have no problem with it, I don't either.

Steve

9 minutes ago, Commander_Undies said:

Hello, hello! Surprised to see you, it's nice to see an old face on here TBH. Hope life is treating you well!

Thanks. Life is going well. Busy as always. 

I figured I would wait till I got some approval to stay before I post a larger intro giving a life update. haha. 

6 minutes ago, Auptyk said:

Thanks. Life is going well. Busy as always. 

I figured I would wait till I got some approval to stay before I post a larger intro giving a life update. haha. 

I figured!

If my vote matters, I'm in the same boat as Drifter as far as not holding any old grudges.

tumblr_m2ienvKRMM1qfbvj1.gif

Hi and welcome back :)

I'm Lee and relatively new compared to the others (even though its been 2+ years) so it's up to the wiley old regulars to cast their view so it's nice to see what I read so far in this thread.

As Chris said, what are you playing at the moment? Have any plans to buy anything games coming out recently?

12 hours ago, Auptyk said:

Thanks, Drifter. 

BB, Life. Moved back out west when I grabbed myself a new job. Still same forensics style gig. Work from home, little bit of travel. Doing well. 

You moved to Hawaii, or were going to at some point, right?  So you're back from there?  That's cool you're still doing the forensics stuff.  I always thought that would be really interesting.  Well, except for the creepy crap you have to deal with.  Working from home would be sweet.  I'd looove that.  Glad to hear you're doing well.  Take care.

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

12 hours ago, TigerBurge said:

I'm the same. I miss a lot of the conversations we had, are you still playing CoD or have you moved to other games? 

Ah... CoD. 

Well, as you may remember I played CoD on the PC. When the first DLC dropped for Ghosts a lot of the PC community (still pissed over the shenanigans IW pulled with the system stat locking) didn't buy the DLC. Fragmented the community really bad. So, I went out, bought an XBOX One and picked up Ghosts. Played on X1 for the rest of the year. Advanced Warfare came out... 

That game was fun... for ... a few months. Quit around May. The first CoD I ever stopped playing "early". Got into Heroes of the Storm (MOBA for n00bs, which... is what I am lol). Loved that and played that almost exclusively till Black Ops 3 came out. Made a mistake with that game... Treyarch always launches a solid PC title. And this round was no different. So myself and my friends we all bought the PC version. The PC Master Race apparently does not forgive and it does not forget... because come the first DLC... the community fragmented and died. :( And while I really liked BO3... I just couldn't justify staying with CoD at the cost of rebuying the game for X1. So... CoD... left my life for a time. 

Right now I am bouncing between Rainbow 6 Siege, Heroes of the Storm (back to that only recently), some TitanFall 1 (in preparation for the sequel soon) and Skyrim. 

Honestly... I think I am most excited for Battlefield 1. Was able to put in about 20 hours (lol) into the Beta, loved it. CoD will have to wait till April or something when hopefully they release a gold edition or whatever.

That was a long answer. hah

3 hours ago, PlasticGaming said:

Hello, it's nice to meet you. Feel free to add me on PlayStation Network- PlasticGaming.

You know, I had my heart set on picking up a PS4 when rumors started dropping about the Slim. ... then they didn't include a 4KBD drive. :( So... a few weeks ago I picked up an X1S instead. 

5 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Hi and welcome back :)

I'm Lee and relatively new compared to the others (even though its been 2+ years) so it's up to the wiley old regulars to cast their view so it's nice to see what I read so far in this thread.

As Chris said, what are you playing at the moment? Have any plans to buy anything games coming out recently?

Thanks. See above for what I am gaming currently... buying: 

Battlefield 1 on PC (just the normal version for now I think... just dropped 140 on my XBOX Elite Controller haha wife would kill me if I bought the 130 dollar version of Battlefield) 

TitanFall 2 on X1

I get Skyrim Remastered for free when that drops... So I may play that a bit. I am in the middle of a 'world' right now. So if the save game swaps, ill do it. If not... with the mods I run already, it looks great. Sooo... we will see. 

That's about it for new stuff. 

Thanks Tronic, and jysn, solid reference. 

3 hours ago, BO7H B4RRELS said:

You moved to Hawaii, or were going to at some point, right?  So you're back from there?  That's cool you're still doing the forensics stuff.  I always thought that would be really interesting.  Well, except for the creepy crap you have to deal with.  Working from home would be sweet.  I'd looove that.  Glad to hear you're doing well.  Take care.

I was debating on picking up a Job in Hawaii. Ended up in Washington, back in my home town. Kids love being close the grandparents... and it provides me with free babysitting. hah

Haha yeah, the creepy stuff is a little awkward, but you get over it... I think. hah. 

23 minutes ago, Auptyk said:

I was debating on picking up a Job in Hawaii. Ended up in Washington, back in my home town. Kids love being close the grandparents... and it provides me with free babysitting. hah

Haha yeah, the creepy stuff is a little awkward, but you get over it... I think. hah. 

Kids? Didn't know you had any kids. Did you just recently have them or did you have kids before and I just didn't remember?

34 minutes ago, Drifter said:

Kids? Didn't know you had any kids. Did you just recently have them or did you have kids before and I just didn't remember?

I have a 7 and (almost) 4 year old. So I have had them for a while... haha. Hard to remember what I did with all the time before I had kids. When we were out in Ohio, the wife and kids flew back to the parents place for a month vacation. I seriously didn't know what to do with all the time I had after the first week. hah

13 minutes ago, PlasticGaming said:

I started siege with the Pro League team lethal gaming on XB1, i have it there as well

You know... I am disappointed in myself over Siege. 

I bought a Razer Blade last ... November... and it came with a free game. Either Assassins Creed whatever (The England one) or R6S. Well... none of my friends were interested in R6S at the time and I didn't know what the PC community would be like given that it was only multiplayer and a pretty niche game. So I went with AC. Fast forward 10 months and a friend picked it up... so I bought the Starter Edition. Fantastic Game. Started AC and quickly quit because I got bored. haha. 

Its hard coming into R6S this late though. Not knowing the layout of the maps... gets me killed. 

Well fuck me sideways with a garden hoe. I'll never hold grudges and what's in the past is in the past. Good to see you back dude, glad the family is doing well and you're happy with life at the moment. I saw this thread earlier this morning and thought it was someone trolling so left it to evolve a bit. You've said many things already which are definitely you so either it is you or you've got some seriously hardcore stalkers. I'm going to go with the former.

As you can see, loads of familiar faces here still, a fair few new ones and some have left. Some have had kids, and sadly we had our first loss in the community in the form of Zake_Dizzle due to a tragic accident. 

We're now primarily a PS4 community  but still have a few pc scrubs trying to come out the closet. Lee (gazzagarratt) is our new admin, honestly that guy is one of the best things to happen to this forum, he's been working hard at improving it and updating stuff, can't thank the guy enough. 

As for me personally, I'm now a maintenance supervisor for a £650m building in central London, I manage a team of 6 engineers and work 7 days a week pretty much flat out but the job's good and they treat me well so I can't complain. I'm also doing a degree in engineering so life is pretty busy at the moment but I still enjoy my down time and still drink like a tank so life's generally really good, work hard,  play hard as they say. 

Good to see you back, now go swap that xbox for a ps4 :)

banlol.png

52 minutes ago, Auptyk said:

It's hard coming into R6S this late though. Not knowing the layout of the maps... gets me killed. 

Knowing the maps is the number one priority. I was lucky enough to learn early at a high level. Feel free to read all of the threads in the siege section for tips and tricks. My XB1 username is Walker l 6ix (lowercase L)

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

52 minutes ago, Auptyk said:

It's hard coming into R6S this late though. Not knowing the layout of the maps... gets me killed. 

Knowing the maps is the number one priority. I was lucky enough to learn early at a high level. Feel free to read all of the threads in the siege section for tips and tricks. My XB1 username is Walker l 6ix (lowercase L)

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

10 minutes ago, Diddums said:

Well fuck me sideways with a garden hoe. I'll never hold grudges and what's in the past is in the past. Good to see you back dude, glad the family is doing well and you're happy with life at the moment. I saw this thread earlier this morning and thought it was someone trolling so left it to evolve a bit. You've said many things already which are definitely you so either it is you or you've got some seriously hardcore stalkers. I'm going to go with the former.

As you can see, loads of familiar faces here still, a fair few new ones and some have left. Some have had kids, and sadly we had our first loss in the community in the form of Zake_Dizzle due to a tragic accident. 

We're now primarily a PS4 community  but still have a few pc scrubs trying to come out the closet. Lee (gazzagarratt) is our new admin, honestly that guy is one of the best things to happen to this forum, he's been working hard at improving it and updating stuff, can't thank the guy enough. 

As for me personally, I'm now a maintenance supervisor for a £650m building in central London, I manage a team of 6 engineers and work 7 days a week pretty much flat out but the job's good and they treat me well so I can't complain. I'm also doing a degree in engineering so life is pretty busy at the moment but I still enjoy my down time and still drink like a tank so life's generally really good, work hard,  play hard as they say. 

Good to see you back, now go swap that xbox for a ps4 :)

Sucks about Zake_Dizzle. :( 

Glad to see you are doing well in London. I have actually been to London four times this year for work. My company has a contract with the Metropolitan Police so I went out there a few times to work with them. I stay in the Trafalgar, which is nice because I was able to get out and walk around London and "see the sights". First time I went was right after the France terror attack so Buckingham Palace was guarded by a small army walking around SMGs. hah. 

Wife and I have always had a Playstation as a DVD player (PS2) or a Blue Ray player (PS3) so when the rumors dropped that a PS4 Slim/Pro was coming out, I was excited to buy one for the 4K player... but then... nope. I know Sony is convinced that 4K streaming is the future, and they may not be wrong, but I just hate messing with streaming when I am going after something with visual quality. haha. And I have great internet. So yeah... I have two XBOX Ones now. hah. I will probably pick up a PS4 in a year or two on a sale or something, just for some of the exclusives. 

2 hours ago, Auptyk said:

I have a 7 and (almost) 4 year old. So I have had them for a while... haha. Hard to remember what I did with all the time before I had kids. When we were out in Ohio, the wife and kids flew back to the parents place for a month vacation. I seriously didn't know what to do with all the time I had after the first week. hah

Wow I guess it's been even longer than I thought since those old MW2 forum days. That's cool, good to hear things are going well for you.

Hello, I'm a PC guy among all these peasants.

Dids - being an complete toss pot - encouraged me to get a PS4 which is fun when the network's not down:lol:

Welcome aboard matey. I'm the annoying pessimistic anticapitaistic pain in the ass from good old London town. Who likes to game.

I also occasionally speak cockney and beat Rib at Rocket League.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg