CoD Infinite Beta and what to expect

GazzaGarratt

Anyone pre-ordered this and trying it out?

The Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare beta features three maps and four modes, Infinity Ward has confirmed over at the Activision blog.

The beta gives players a chance to use the new Combat Rigs system. These are suits chosen by players that provide tactical options. You can swap mid-match to help take a different approach.

The beta includes three of the six different Combat Rigs that will be in the game when it launches on 4th November. They are Warfighter (mid-range assault), Merc (heavy defense and suppressive fire), and Synaptic (a droid optimised for speed and close quarters combat).

The beta also includes two of the four Mission Teams. By completing missions while in a team, you earn a team rank. Mission Teams are supposed to add a metagame to the multiplayer.

Now the maps. The beta includes three: Frontier (circular, two-lane, fast-paced), Frost (linear, three-lane, medium-paced) and Throwback (bent, three-lane, medium-paced).

The beta will rotate modes such as Team Deathmatch, Domination and Kill Confirmed, as well as feature the new Defender mode. Here, your team must grab a drone and defend it.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I've checked out a few streams and all I've seen so far is zero gameplay and a shitload of error messages and red faces from streamers. Doesn't look like anyone can get on it! 

Nothing much has changed. Haha. They get about 2-3 games and then the servers die. 

Funny though... there were 10k viewers watching Nadeshot stare at a Menu. haha

7 hours ago, Auptyk said:

Nothing much has changed. Haha. They get about 2-3 games and then the servers die. 

Funny though... there were 10k viewers watching Nadeshot stare at a Menu. haha

:lol: I did see part of Nadeshot's stream when it was conked out and he was trying to respond to messages in the chat except he was receiving about 50 a second - most of which asking him why he wasn't playing the game despite the screen clearly saying not in so many words that the servers were buggered! I even saw some guy pretending to play the beta by overlaying someone elses captured gameplay from Cod XP:rolleyes:

Still it looks like they got it going eventually and I must say; I'm not all that impressed really - looks like a Chinese F2P version of Black Ops 3. I'll just wait for the inevitable MW:R standalone or stick with BF1 for the foreseeable. 

To be honest having being excited as hell for the beta after about 20 or so games i feel...bewildered...

IW feels like a very poorly constructed game at the moment. the character movement seems to speed up and slow down for apparently no reason what so ever. People have said that it seems like the TTK is very low but i am suffering the exact opposite. It takes me a lot of bullets to put someone down, and yet i die in a very short burst from every weapon. People who know me know that I dont suck at CoD games no matter what i play, and yet here im having real struggles just to go positive. TDM games frequently end with me having something like 10+ assists, I am really struggling to kill people... Bullets also have chased me round corners something rotten so far which is frustrating.

Maps design again is another weird one. People pop up from every direction which leaves you constantly exposed. Im not sure if the spawns are mucked up at the moment but I have tired of counting the number of times i have spawned and then instantly died.

Weapons are meh so far but im going to put it down to the frustration of trying to get kills. I like the idea you can grind your way up to certain weapon combos but so far i have gained near fuck all salvage(?)

APmVvKG.gif

So a buddy of mine gave me a beta code and it's literally the same Ole shit. I wasn't expecting to be blow away by it at all but after three games I removed it from the hard drive. I have bought every CoD game since CoD3 and this will be the first I won't be buying. 

The maps were cluttered. The guns had zero recoil. The movement was basically Blops 3 just not as smooth. 

I really hate that I have to get it to play CoD 4. Guess I won't be playing it either 

I kind of hoping it's a disaster and they have to release MW:R stand alone for Activision to meet revenue expectations. The pre-order numbers are really low for a Cod title. Hopefully that persists that means have to fix the whole thing 

23 minutes ago, cyberninja2601 said:

I kind of hoping it's a disaster and they have to release MW:R stand alone for Activision to meet revenue expectations. The pre-order numbers are really low for a Cod title. Hopefully that persists that means have to fix the whole thing 

I reckon MW:R will be released as a standalone either way as Activision always plug any gaps in revenue streams and people wanting to play MW:R without having to buy IW is gonna be one hell of a potential consumer base with cash at the ready. It's just a question of when this happens - either early next year when the revenue of IW dries up and people's interest wanes or even as soon as before the year end so the shareholders get a post Christmas bumper pay-off from both titles.

I don't think Acitivison even give a fuck about unit sales these days and they don't even disclose this to shareholders now whether that be from embarrassing low sales figures or just the fact that supply drops have overtaken the brand as the biggest line of income. They could probably make the games F2P and still gross bigger than what they were 5 years ago it's got that insane. I dread to think what the average spend per copy sold has been on supply drops but when you see ordinary people blowing hundreds of bucks on them; you can see why Activision wouldn't be too concerned about low sales as they know the mugs that currently play happily mitigate the losses from former customers. 

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

or just the fact that supply drops have overtaken the brand as the biggest line of income. ... I dread to think what the average spend per copy sold has been on supply drops but when you see ordinary people blowing hundreds of bucks on them; you can see why Activision wouldn't be too concerned about low sales as they know the mugs that currently play happily mitigate the losses from former customers. 

Nadeshot in a stream yesterday was disappointed that he couldn't buy supply drops in the beta... ... ... ugh. So yeah, you are probably right. 

I don't even mind Microtransactions ... as long as I can say "I am spending X, to get Y." None of this gambling BS.