Runes

BO7H B4RRELS

So I've been working on my rune page for my AP champions, specifically Ziggs.  I'm level 24 right now, and I've got...

Armor Penetration Marks  (+7)

Flat Armor Seals (+9.8)

Greater Glyph of Mana (+79)

Quintessences of Ability Power (+9.9)

Not sure if it's the best setup or not, but it's working for me so far.  I think I should have bought Magic Resist instead of Armor, but I figured I could use the armor with more champions, but I'm not sure. 

So... how is that setup?  Crap, average, good? 

And... what are the most common runes that multiple champion types could use?  I figured Armor would be the most common.  Thoughts? 

Thanks!

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

I don't see why you need a lot of armor with ranged type champs. I tend to favor cool down and attack speed. Range guys just seem to fire run away fire run away fire run away ...

Magic resist might be more import for some of the effects from support. 

There's a lot of good items for Armor that are synergistic with Ability Power which I am using. I would think that works with Ziggs as well because he does get bonus based on ability power. 

For most AP champs you want to take AP quints, flat armor seals, scaling MR glyphs, and flat magic pen marks.

So I'm doing just that except that I went with flat mana glyphs instead of scaling.  Cool.  I'm good with that. 

I don't see why you need a lot of armor with ranged type champs. I tend to favor cool down and attack speed. Range guys just seem to fire run away fire run away fire run away ...

Magic resist might be more import for some of the effects from support. 

There's a lot of good items for Armor that are synergistic with Ability Power which I am using. I would think that works with Ziggs as well because he does get bonus based on ability power. 

The armor was purchased first because it's the most versatile rune for all champions.  I figured I would buy something that all of my champions could benefit from when I first started buying tier 3 runes.  It helps with sustain in mid lane.  I play very aggressive, so I find myself in the middle of enemy minors a lot, so that helps negate their damage.  I'll probably go with Magic Resist when I get enough IP to buy a full set.  Playing mid mostly, I mainly play against other mages.  Magic resist is important. 

I don't buy any armor items at all when I'm playing AP mid.  I only buy AP boosting items.  Straight up AP damage.  With his range, I don't need much armor.  I can keep my them at range and do tons of damage.  I have Flash and C4 for my escape/closers. 

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

What runes do you guys use for AP/Tank Supports?  For instance, what would be a good rune page for Soraka and another for Taric?  

With the changes in Season 4, it seems that Gold/second doesn't seem as good.  You're not blowing all of your gold on wards anymore, and there are a lot of great items for earning gold.  Should I just focus more on armor and magic resist?  

Thoughts?