Golovkin v Brook

GazzaGarratt

I'm not a huge fan of boxing but I love all sport so this fight really interests me. Golovkin is known for being the arguably best pound for pound boxer out there right now, therefore his usual opponents just don't seem to stand a chance even before they step in the ring.

The same was said about Kell Brook. It caught everyone by surprise, especially because he's having to jump up two whole weight divisions to fight a huge puncher. Recently though, i've seen the footage of Brook in training and how he has approached this fight. It's not like any other underdog i've seen before. He now weighs heavier than Golovkin and he has become deadly serious about his training and approach to the fight.

I think Brook has a real chance here. He just has to box out of his skin. In the fight of his life.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really gutted for Brook as his trainer threw the towel in near the end of the 5th round. Golovkin broke Brook's eye socket in the 2nd and whilst Brook was up on one card and level in two others, by the 5th he couldn't see properly and was quoted as seeing 3/4 Golovkin's coming at him.

Did himself proud on the world's stage whilst GGG adds another victim to his ever-growing unbeaten list.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Was slightly annoyed when they chucked the towel in but after reading about it you can't have any complaints. Brook was never going to go down, he's got a jaw made of steel....shame his eye socket isn't made of the same stuff :lol:

There's been quite a few fighters going up in weight recently, both boxing and MMA. Speaking of MMA, i hear Amir Khan wants to try out MMA. The mans got a jaw made of glass :lol: