PS4 Pro

phil bottle

4k ready and getting released in November.

Big list of games will be Pro ready at launch. Including the new COD.

I wonder if Devs start to start to make games for this they may treat the standard PS4 like it's a PS3.

I don't see myself buying consoles any more.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

A variation of a console I have isn't worth buying until it's years old. The current gen consoles have a good few years shelf life still. Developers won't leave the significant player base consoles for some time.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Is this the Neo or the Slim or some other console? I honestly can't keep track but it appears to be the equivalent of the Xbox One S. No 4K Blu Ray either. Can't see any console game running 4K native for another 5 years anyway - this and the Scorpio is more likely just to push 1080p with 60fps guaranteed. If they start too soon with 4K focused support; we'll be back to square one just like we were in the current gen with games running at a downscaled resolution and sub 30fps. 

Insert other media

30 minutes ago, PlasticGaming said:

PS4 Pro is the Microsoft equivalent to the Scorpio. Both can output to 4k but not play games at that resolution.

Oh wow, so Pro is the Neo. That means that the Scorpio has a massive advantage in terms of power but the PS4 Pro will have a year head start pretty much. Usually it's the other way round! 

It wouldn't surprise me if we see a PS4 Pro 2 in 3 years time either then...

30 minutes ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

Question: If I switch from PS4 to the Pro, will I lose game progress on games, such as Destiny 2 etc? 

I reckon my characters are stored online but not sure. Know it is on COD. 

Most games have cloud saving - Destiny 2 is one of them where everything is stored online so all you'd need to do is install the game and sign into your PSN account on the new console to resume. 

Some other games may just save on the HDD whereby you'd need a USB to transfer it over manually. You can also use a portable SSD or even the built-in feature where you can either transfer the data wireless over your home network or via LAN cables connected to each console https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/11/09/how-to-transfer-your-data-from-ps4-to-ps4-pro/