GazzaGarratt

Hmmm, I know the phone industry is the next big boom pay packet for game developers but I'm not sure the classic names need to be defaced by simplistic quick buck game models. (Yes, thats right, i'm sticking up for my arch enemy Mario - Sonic til I die :3_grin:)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nintendo's next mobile game is Super Mario Run, an endless runner starring the mustachioed plumber. It's a well-worn genre for phone games, though Nintendo plans on releasing it for a set price rather than free-to-play (it will be a free demo initially) with ample microtransactions. Before you get too excited, know that it will offer extra in-app purchases, according to its App Store listing.

Nintendo creative boss Shigeru Miyamoto took the stage at the Apple keynote on Wednesday to announce the game. He emphasized how Super Mario Run can be played one-handed, by simply tapping to make Mario jump, and how it will feature extra modes that let players compete with friends and build their own Mushroom Kingdom. As for dedicated Nintendo fans, the visual style should be familiar if you've played any of the New Super Mario Bros. games.

Super Mario Run will be released in December. And don't forget about the Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing adaptations which are also on Nintendo's mobile games docket.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic