Gran Turismo Sport delayed until mid 2017

Not surprisrd to say the least. They always take far too long to 'perfect' Gran Turismo games in my opinion.

------------------------------------------------

Gran Turismo Sport won’t see release until sometime next year, Polyphony Digital announced this morning on the PlayStation Blog. Originally scheduled for a Nov. 15 launch in North America and Japan, the game has been pushed back so that the developer can spend "more time to perfect [it]."

"We do not want to compromise the experience in any way," creator Kazunori Yamauchi wrote. "While we cannot confirm a new release date at this time, we are more committed than ever to making GT Sport the best Gran Turismo game to date."

The delay comes even after Polyphony Digital canceled an open beta in order to cut down on development time. Both the demo and the game had been revealed last fall during Paris Games Week for a 2016 debut.

Gran Turismo Sport has been playable at recent events like E3 in June and Gamescom earlier this month, however, and it will continue to make the rounds at various events throughout the year. The latest entry in the successful racing series will be the first to hit PlayStation 4 whenever it does arrive.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind when companies do this, i've complained so much over the years about companies that release their games too early.

The only problem is the game now has to be solid, if it's not they'll have some explaining to do. 

10 hours ago, tronic44 said:

I don't mind when companies do this, i've complained so much over the years about companies that release their games too early.

The only problem is the game now has to be solid, if it's not they'll have some explaining to do. 

I think there's a balance though, which you've already pointed out. You can delay a game for a short period however to postpone a game for a considerable amount of time, especially when it's been years since the last one, builds unnecessary pressure on themselves. In my opinion, planning needs to be much better in general for video game makers in the future.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb