Titanfall 2 multiplayer technical test this weekend (Aug 19) and next

L_C_Scipio

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a brief go at this and I must say; it is practically the same as the first. So many recycled assets and the brand doesn't feel like its made any progress from two and a half years ago. It wouldn't surprise me if this was just DLC from the original touched up with a few new maps along with a campaign they concocted in about a year and a half of development repackaged into a new game. Even if this game is laden with content, I can't see myself getting it as there nothing that really stands out that appeals that I didn't see in the first game. With many other alternatives; I can see it dying the same way as the first as there are better games available or soon to be. Titanfall 2 feels more like a remaster or definitive version and not a full blow sequel that excels and delivers a fresh experience and that's what this brand desperately needed to succeed. 

I encourage people to give it a try if you can be arsed especially if you didn't play the original but if this is what you're looking for; you are probably better off getting Infinite Warfare instead which I never thought I see myself say that:lol:

I tried it this weekend and as far as I'm concerned it's trash constant lag l, crashing games and freezing it was just terrible. I deleted it and my thoughts were blops3 was just so much better and I'd rather go back and play that than this it just doesn't offer anything to me.

Before playing my initial concern would be that it would die like the first I see need reason to change that thought.

2 hours ago, tronic44 said:

I downloaded this but after a glittering review from Gary and the rest of the world i decided not to even start up the game :lol:

You can still play this weekend coming. Let's see if they can change stuff just a week later though :huh:

15 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

You can still play this weekend coming. Let's see if they can change stuff just a week later though :huh:

Might give it a go if other people are up for it but i'm not holding my breath. 

Okay, so after a hard hitting backlash of feedback sent to the Developers, Respawn have comeout with lots of updates to this week's technical test. Would be good to know your thoughts on whether this will make a difference this weekend or not.

----------------------------------

Over this past weekend, we’ve heard a lot of passionate feedback from Titanfall fans. Even though the Tech Test build is a couple months old, we learned some valuable things based on your feedback. Some of these changes have already been addressed and will be updated for weekend two of the tech test, with other changes making it into the final game.

Pilot Mobility

Many players are wondering why we changed the mobility from Titanfall 1. We identified two major issues we wanted to solve in Titanfall 2. The first is that a lack of player predictability would often cause players to be shot from the back or sides. While flanking is an important part of gameplay death often felt random instead of skillful. The second issue is that close range firefights were overly chaotic due to erratic player movement. So, changes to pilot mobility stemmed from a desire to improve our gunplay, and not a desire to slow down movement.

We’ll be tuning air speed and wall-running speed to be faster.

While investigating this point, we discovered some unintended side effects that were causing players to lose momentum while wallrunning.

Players should once again accumulate and retain more speed when chaining wallruns.

Additionally, we’re testing scaling back some of the dampening factors that were limiting bunny-hopping as we don’t want these restrictions to impact normal traversal.

Titan Meter

We made some changes in Titanfall 2 with the goal of rewarding players for playing game mode objectives. However, we observed the problem that players can try to play the objective but fail, resulting in slower than intended Titan acquisition. We still want objectives to be the fastest way to get a Titan, but the goal of every player being guaranteed a Titan per match hasn’t changed.

Pilots will once again acquire a small passive amount of Titan meter every few seconds. 

Titan Survivability

This is one of the more complex issues to address for several reasons.

First, we’ve changed from Titans having energy shields to a new Titan battery system which we believe improves rodeo gameplay and rewards teamwork. In Titanfall 1, rodeo was lethal to Titans, forcing pilots to disembark and engage in a 50 / 50 fight. In Titanfall 2, the rodeo pilot steals a battery and damages an enemy Titan. If they can give that battery to a friendly Titan, the Titan receives a shield and the Pilot gets Titan meter points. As players become more familiar with the system, we expect that Titans will live longer. This is an area we will continue to monitor leading up to launch.

Another factor is that the balance of Titan gameplay in the Tech Test build is heavily affected by the limited amount of content we released in the build. For example, some Titans that aren’t in the Tech Test have strong defensive abilities, certain Titan kits provide defensive upgrades, and even Pilots have a boost that can improve Titan defenses.

Lastly, there has been a lot of tuning since the Tech Test build that will tone down the amount of damage many weapons deal to Titans.

Titan Mobility

We’ve reduced the number of baseline dashes by one compared to Titanfall 1, but all Titans have access to a new Titan kit that provides an additional dash. This is to balance new mobility or defensive options available to specific Titans. The Tech Test build, however, doesn’t include our fastest Titans. Despite our confidence in our top-end speed, we have heard your feedback that Ion and Scorch feel too slow.

Titan dashes will recharge faster. 

Map Design

Some of our Tech Test players have asked if the relatively flat and open design of Homestead is indicative of a new direction for Titanfall, and the answer is no. When designing maps, we strive to make them unique experiences. For example, Homestead changes things up by creating islands of Pilot gameplay where long-range weapons can be effective. This upcoming weekend a new map, Forwardbase Kodai, will be available for play. There is a wide variety of maps for the final game.

We’ll be showcasing more maps over the next couple weeks on our website, including more traditional Titanfall maps. 

HUD

We’ve read feedback about the HUD feeling too busy. At launch Titanfall 2 will have menu options that allow players to turn these features on or off based on their individual preferences.

Additionally, there have been concerns about enemy outlines making players too easy to see at a distance. We think this is an important feature for friend or foe identification with the substantial amount of visual customization that will be available at launch in Titanfall 2.

We’re going to bring in the fade distance for enemy outlines so they don’t reveal pilots at extreme distances.

20 minutes ago, MrBiron said:

I personally really enjoyed the beta. Certainly more than I did the BF1 beta. So I'm definitely getting this game.

It's not a bad game, far from it. However it seems pretty similar to the first game and the maps are uninspiring and too samey samey for me.

One to pick up in a sale maybe...

jeffersonclasswar.jpg