Forum Suggested Improvements / Enhancements

Hi all, now that a number of you have been getting used to copy and pasting can I ask if everyone wants the ability to copy and paste the original format and change through the button option on the PC version or would people prefer to lock down the text format? I'm open either way really.

New features as of this morning:

- Go to Top link after each post

- Online symbol next to user to show if they are online or offline

- Over 1000 emojis added :421_football::1069_flag_bi::28_hugging: just click the emoji symbol and then click Category. I'll remove the original emojis if people are happy with these

Weekend additions:

• Member Map - can add city/county location to your profile via Map. Profile sync will come once I have an update
  • New Group signs
  • Rank system now has 22 signs instead of 3. We now have Military signs instead of standard pips
  • Social Links updated with exception of Google+

9 minutes ago, PlasticGaming said:

Not a fan of the rank icons, signs. I enjoy the pip and didn't think the military stuff fits. But as always, if the group digs it then I can be over it.

Not a problem Rob, I just personally found an alternative to the pips as they can look bland to some people. What's great about it is they can be changed back in a matter of minutes. If more people want to share their view and have them changed back or to something else I'm more than happy to look at it. I'm totally not precious about them in any form.

On 9/3/2016 at 5:44 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

New features as of this morning:

- Go to Top link after each post

- Online symbol next to user to show if they are online or offline

- Over 1000 emojis added :421_football::1069_flag_bi::28_hugging: just click the emoji symbol and then click Category. I'll remove the original emojis if people are happy with these

Nice work man!  

I love the Go to Top feature.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

1 hour ago, Curb_Stompp said:

I don't know if this has been discussed, but when I click on a thread that i've read before it just takes me to the first post. Any way for it to take me straight to the post I haven't read yet?

I can absolutely look to change this - will need to bear in mind it will change globally so on every thread it will go to the latest post. If people want it this way I'm happy to add it Sam. I know I currently click the thread then the >> page button to be quick.

Anyone else want this instead of how it works today?

Off to the right where it shows who posted the latest post, you can click the time stamp and it will take to you the last post in that thread.  Might not be exactly what you're looking for, but it's better than going to the first post in the thread.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

57 minutes ago, Curb_Stompp said:

I also wanted to know if we can get the banners and icons posted somewhere so I can save them and use them elsewhere. And if they are rendered that would be great, if not, i'll do it. 

Yes, this.  I'd love to have the files.

11 hours ago, Curb_Stompp said:

I also wanted to know if we can get the banners and icons posted somewhere so I can save them and use them elsewhere. And if they are rendered that would be great, if not, i'll do it. 

10 hours ago, BO7H B4RRELS said:

Yes, this.  I'd love to have the files.

Rob was extremely kind to sort all the logos and banners out for us. Rob, can you help and add a new post with the files on please?

If you guys want the original logos too I can share them as well because i think they still look cool.

Just so you know guys, there's a fantastic add on with the update I was going to add but it comes with it already! If you want to mention someones name in a thread all you have to do is use the @ symbol and a quick menu will pop up:

@GazzaGarratt

@Diddums

You should then get a notification from it (hopefully testing that now!). Really awesome alternative to quote and if there isn't anyone to quote!

On 08/09/2016 at 8:48 PM, Plumbers Crack said:

Great work everyone!

if you want a tiny bit of housekeeping, now we the "go to top" button, you can lose the bounce icon if you want to

Thanks Dave. Happy to turn off, people just need to say if they want it back as it may help on other pages around the site.

On 9/7/2016 at 8:30 AM, PlasticGaming said:

I will link a dropbox with the raw images that you can scale to whichever size you want. If you want a few other assets like icons, or whatever let me know.

On 9/7/2016 at 0:05 PM, Diddums said:

You don't even need to, I can upload them straight to the server and peeps can download them from here.

Where is this at?

tumblr_m2ienvKRMM1qfbvj1.gif

Will be looking to do some tidying up this week. Please shout if you want to keep / change / remove / add anything you think. We do need the feedback.

After speaking to a few people we'll look at moving the RPG subforums as all 3 aren't played by the community of late.

I've been thinking of us having a Racing subforum in Sports, as it may help newer members see the posts within there. Could easily do the same with Beat em ups too if people desire it.

If anyone has any games that they feel deserve its own subforum can you please add your feedback here. We'll add them in!

Thanks all

Lee