Forum Suggested Improvements / Enhancements

On 10/04/2017 at 6:57 PM, tronic44 said:

Can you add FG_Streams to the streaming section? Let me know if there's anything you need.

Added my friend.

Will look to remove For Honor subforum if no one has much interest in this anymore? It has shot down the pecking order in terms of games out because the dross servers.

Just like Rainbow 6, as it happens.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Love the fact you've embraced this.

It's exactly like it. Honest bruv.

Via the FG App

Minor amendments:

• Removed forum icons from all subforums as it was affecting performance
  • Quotes will only span 5 lines with an option to 'read more'

Hi Lee,

I've had a quick look without success....is there an idiot's guide to posting on the forum?

Things like how to link to external sites, how to hide links under a, I think, hyperlink "here", how to include images, how to resize images to make them smaller, things like that. Maybe a FAQ thread stickied somewhere for those of the less computer literate of us or those that have forgotten due to inactivity on the site :(

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

6 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Hi Lee,

I've had a quick look without success....is there an idiot's guide to posting on the forum?

Things like how to link to external sites, how to hide links under a, I think, hyperlink "here", how to include images, how to resize images to make them smaller, things like that. Maybe a FAQ thread stickied somewhere for those of the less computer literate of us or those that have forgotten due to inactivity on the site :(

Of course Dave! I was the same and still am from time to time 🙈 I'm sure I can look into it - however, if anyone gets there before me that'd help me out a packet 😘

On 2017-4-25 at 10:25 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

Of course Dave! I was the same and still am from time to time 🙈 I'm sure I can look into it - however, if anyone gets there before me that'd help me out a packet 😘

I still need to do this @Plumbers Crack I'll try to find some time over the weekend.

Lee you lazy fuck.

Dave, to post images or youtube stuff, simply post the URL and the site does the rest. It also automatically resizes images so you can link to whatever you want and it'll do it itself. To make an image a clickable link, select it and click on the link button. Then paste the URL and click accept. 

If you don't come right give me a nudge and I'll do a proper tutorial.

banlol.png

10 minutes ago, Diddums said:

Lee you lazy fuck.

Dave, to post images or youtube stuff, simply post the URL and the site does the rest. It also automatically resizes images so you can link to whatever you want and it'll do it itself. To make an image a clickable link, select it and click on the link button. Then paste the URL and click accept. 

If you don't come right give me a nudge and I'll do a proper tutorial.

I'm amazingly good at lazy. You should try it some time.

Videos and photos embed theselves automatically, however links to other websites won't show up on the app or Tapatalk if you don't use the link icon in the toolbar. Also, if ever a photo doesn't embed, grab the link instead and click 'insert other media' and then choose insert image from URL. It's good to have backups if the site doesn't embed automatically.

Some new features added over the weekend plus some extra stuff:

• Statuses have been improved so you can access the replies from the homepage (like we had before the uplift)
  • New FG featured content slider showing topics chosen from the forum. As we go on, we can make any topic featured to get more of a viewing up top. An image from the topic will show up on the main page, if not the FG logo will appear
  • A number of release dates have been added to the calendar for this year, thanks @Commander_Undies for the support
  • Spoiler titles can now be added - If you add a spoiler, then type in bold what you want your title to be, it will show (see below)
  • New Topic available 'Video' - You can create a video discussion within any topic and you can link it to an existing video in the videos section
  • FG Discord server setup and structure complete, thanks to @PlasticGaming

Progressing and due soon

• Discord intergration with the fourm - links and notifications for topics and calendar events will instantly available
  • Discord Widget - early stages of trying to show who is online within Discord through the forum
  • Changes to the structure on videos, thanks to @tronic44
  • Monthly game nights to be arranged