Forum Suggested Improvements / Enhancements

4 hours ago, Capn_Underpants said:

I still want it like our older forums where I click on a topic and it takes me right to where I left off reading. As opposed to me only seeing the first comment or the most recent comment and having to search for it. 

I can change this in the settings I'm sure. I always ALWAYS use unread content without fail as i then don't miss anything. I did the same on old version. Does that work for you too @Rumelylady?

If no one shouts up that they hate it the way your suggesting I'll change it and see how we go.

There you go @Capn_Underpants. It's not a common setting like in the last version so I found a plugin and installed it. It's a global change so it changes all topics behaviour, however I already like your idea! :D

11 hours ago, Rumelylady said:

If you're reviewing through Unread Content, if you click on the time it was submitted it will take you right to the last post. Though, if there were a bunch of posts between that last post and the one you last read you still need to scroll through, which kind of sucks.

Exactly. And I hate it. It was never like that before. 

5 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

There you go @Capn_Underpants. It's not a common setting like in the last version so I found a plugin and installed it. It's a global change so it changes all topics behaviour, however I already like your idea! :D

Does it work for mobile. Just tried it out on the horizon topic, clicked on the title and it took me to the first post. 

10 hours ago, Capn_Underpants said:

Does it work for mobile. Just tried it out on the horizon topic, clicked on the title and it took me to the first post. 

Yep. It works on mobile and on PC for me. Anyone else can back up it works for them?

7 hours ago, Capn_Underpants said:

Yeah Idk why it doesn't work for me. 

That is so odd Sam. It works for me on PC via Chrome and on mobile. If anyone else has issues with it not working please let me know.

That is so odd Sam. It works for me on PC via Chrome and on mobile. If anyone else has issues with it not working please let me know.

I'm sure It'll work on PC. But I have tapatalk now and the feature works. So either way I'm happy. Thanks!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Alright so this is what I was telling Lee about; post formatting sucks. I use the Carbon theme but the formatting for replies is totally different than the default theme. The obvious solution is to just not use the installed theme but the banner up top that our logo lays on is solid black and that drives me nuts. I do this, hate to admit it, but I haven't posted as much because I don't want to physically type out BBCode for something as simple as bullets, alignment or quotes. . . I could be wrong which is common but I don't see an option to disable the quick reply feature to get to a full post/ reply editor.

POjhfBn.png

M23T1Vk.png

So how do we go about remedying this situation?

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

10 hours ago, PlasticGaming said:

Alright so this is what I was telling Lee about; post formatting sucks. I use the Carbon theme but the formatting for replies is totally different than the default theme. The obvious solution is to just not use the installed theme but the banner up top that our logo lays on is solid black and that drives me nuts. I do this, hate to admit it, but I haven't posted as much because I don't want to physically type out BBCode for something as simple as bullets, alignment or quotes. . . I could be wrong which is common but I don't see an option to disable the quick reply feature to get to a full post/ reply editor.

POjhfBn.png

M23T1Vk.png

So how do we go about remedying this situation?

I'm away tonight and tomorrow so will look at this over the weekend. It bothers me that the toolbar is shit too, but I'll need to understand more about what the default theme is doing wrong before I can work out a solution. We'll sort it though, as this is the kind of shit I need to know rather than worrying if it would affect people. I/we won't always make changes based on one opinion, however this is everyone's forum so I'm game to try and improve it for all of you.

We're getting there, I believe :14_relaxed:

14 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I'm away tonight and tomorrow so will look at this over the weekend. It bothers me that the toolbar is shit too, but I'll need to understand more about what the default theme is doing wrong before I can work out a solution. We'll sort it though, as this is the kind of shit I need to know rather than worrying if it would affect people. I/we won't always make changes based on one opinion, however this is everyone's forum so I'm game to try and improve it for all of you.

We're getting there, I believe :14_relaxed:

So the buttons are actually there. I just needed to mouseover the icons as they don't really reveal what the function is for. The underline A is actually the bullet list option, lol. Still wonky as a whole though, thanks Lee!

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

I agree with Rob about the formatting buttons. I use Safari web browser on an iPad pro and I struggle to make the buttons out properly (dark grey on light grey background sucks). Buttons not doing what you think they should is frustrating. However, keep up the good work Lee as we all know you're gonna get there! ..presses italic button to select emoticon...;)

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Thanks @PlasticGaming and @Plumbers Crack. It may take a bit of time with the toolbar. As you say, it does work but its a pain in the arse that the image doesn't match the action. I also want to change the colour of it so i'll be having a look to see what I can do for you both.

Just a few minor updates:

• New spinning FG Logo (thanks @Greboth for making it spin)
  • added icons to all subforums and game discussions
  • raised support ticket for toolbar issues. Looking to add a black theme one to match

33 minutes ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

Nice spinning logo, but it slows the site down. At least when on my phone, which is 99% of the time.

I was waiting to hear if that happened. I left because I don't see any lag on my phone and I have shit reception. If others are feeling this too, I'm comfortable moving back to the static one.