Forum Suggested Improvements / Enhancements

On 12/5/2017 at 3:42 AM, tronic44 said:

Could someone create a Call of Duty section in the video section please, might as well throw Frontnite in there as well. Cheers.

Lee and I spoke about this stuff earlier.

I added Fortnite to the Shooters section. I will try to round up threads that should be migrated.

I am also going to try to add a few other games to their genre sections to see if you fuckers will get off of whatsapp, and post here more :lol:

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Thought we agreed on ditching whatsapp and stuff earlier. 

We did. That doesn't stop people from using it though. There isn't a whatsapp FG group. But there are people in groups here, there and everywhere. We can't stop that. Just ask everyone if you talk about games, talk about it here. And banter can happen here (yes, its crazy just the thought of it).

Next year, one of our goals is absolutely a bespoke app that allows chat. So you can do everything here.

You'll see we've made some subtle changes to a few things to start the new year off on the move:

• Some changes to overall forum structure
    • New games added within forums
    • New general topics
  • FG Champion is a new title for people who will act as advocates for respective games on FG
  • Homepage layout subtle changes
    • Twitter embed of latest FG posts
    • Main top menu collapsed

Other things

• Clubs will be looked as an ongoing development. Initially we may look to use it as a roster so people know who plays what. It will equally allow everyone connected to a club to be notified if we need them to.
  • You'll also see 'Our Picks' at the top. Need to understand more about it as it should help us to push more good posts out to the other social spaces we have e.g. Facebook, Twitter, etc. We'll see how it goes.

Coming Soon

• A complete new stock of emojis with the next update to our software (we've always had pretty poor ones tbh)
  • Discussions into how we can get better engagement and easy access  for people that find it difficult to type in our web address ;)

Lee, I know you're a Christmas-holic but when are we going to lose the Santa hat from the forum logo?....bah, humbug! mutter, mutter

Lol! Yeah, I'll do it tonight matey [emoji106]

6 hours ago, The3rdWalker said:

How do you delete clubs? There's a few that will no longer be used and take up space. If possible could an admin please remove them completely. 

• Rainbow 6 FG Pro Team
  • Rainbow 6
  • Desinty PC Clan Roster

Will do but one question. Why get rid of Rainbow 6 when we're just looking into it? Some of us UK guys will still play it from time to time.

If the guys on Discord popped over once in a while then we'd probably learn a lot more about the game.

6 hours ago, Mikepjbell said:

Also can I be given access to admin clubs so I can upload images for the headers and logos, my OCD is going crazy looking at them :'(

See if you can do it now and let me know.

Zero people play the game here. The club is just me, the comp team had scheduling issues so I called it a wash. It’s just inactive and unappealing to see them in their current standing. It’s best to call a spade a spade as it’s not an officially supported game when I’m the sole human posting about it and usually met with 0 replies.

I’m not upset but it’s just a waste at this point and anything that looks grossly inactive negatively impacts he website in my opinion.

Destiny 2 PC was like rats on a ship, none of us play it after Bungie pulled their typical shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

Zero people play the game here. The club is just me, the comp team had scheduling issues so I called it a wash. It’s just inactive and unappealing to see them in their current standing. It’s best to call a spade a spade as it’s not an officially supported game when I’m the sole human posting about it and usually met with 0 replies.

I’m not upset but it’s just a waste at this point and anything that looks grossly inactive negatively impacts he website in my opinion.

Destiny 2 PC was like rats on a ship, none of us play it after Bungie pulled their typical shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No-one on this forum plays DayZ. I'm a champion for a game only I give two fucks about. I'm not going to stop sharing info and update because I'm the only one interested.

That's not the point.

Having a thread on a game gives us all a choice, keeps us up-to-date, is a good place to check facts...

...and newbies to the forum get to read about another game they have the possibility to play with someone else from the forum.

I understand Rib....but I know I read your posts and value the contribution.

[emoji11]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

No-one on this forum plays DayZ. I'm a champion for a game only I give two fucks about. I'm not going to stop sharing info and update because I'm the only one interested.

That's not the point.

Having a thread on a game gives us all a choice, keeps us up-to-date, is a good place to check facts...

...and newbies to the forum get to read about another game they have the possibility to play with someone else from the forum.

I understand Rib....but I know I read your posts and value the contribution.

[emoji11]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Perfectly put Phil [emoji106]