Forum Suggested Improvements / Enhancements

On 8/28/2019 at 8:54 PM, Shucker said:

I often forget about the "All Activity" feed, which I've now bookmarked. It's a nice and quick way to jump into a convo and see what's "trending". Not sure if making it more prominent is helpful or not for most people, but I like it.

18 hours ago, Dan94 said:

Yeah, I use that all the time. "Unread replies from topics I've posted in" is real handy too

Yeah, I feel like both of these would be good to show in a video but everyone has a preference I guess. I normally do Unread but sometimes click All Activity to see every little update going on - but I do understand not everyone reads the whole of FG or even worse doesn't check out all the other bits and think this place is just a forum, which it really isn't anymore.

Can't remember if I suggested this in here before. 

How about a place where members can buy or sell games? A bit like how OCUK do their members market. Have it so you need a certain amount of posts before you can enter that section. Would be good for people to get hold of cheaper games and for people to get rid of games they don't want any more. 

fart.gif

On 7/4/2020 at 5:09 PM, MrBiron said:

Can't remember if I suggested this in here before. 

How about a place where members can buy or sell games? A bit like how OCUK do their members market. Have it so you need a certain amount of posts before you can enter that section. Would be good for people to get hold of cheaper games and for people to get rid of games they don't want any more. 

Yeah, you did raise it before a long time ago! 😄

I'm totally open to any ideas like this, in actual fact @deterioration  brought it up back in 2015 too so I know there's some interest. Ultimately, theres pros and cons which requires some thoughts/debate with the real regular FGers here.

I don't think i'm saying anything different to what @Diddums also said back to Joe in that a separate section is easy to create on forums and we could create some basic access restriction based on minimum posts or other criteria. Most that would buy and sell you'd hope would be regulars and we are in a place where fallouts i'd say a few and far between (if ever) but one horrible transaction and it could get messy. We'd also need moderators and people all over it, something that I don't think i've got the capacity to do right now but that doesn't we shouldn't if we had the right people offering to help maintain it. It'd also have to be no ones responsibility behind the scenes at FG if something went wrong - transactions would be directly between the seller and buyer. Another pro though is there is now more functionality options available for the software we have down to the types of stuff that'll be here soon such as the Merch shop elements.

I'd also say that we're a giver family, and i'd love to get to a stage whereby we have things gifted in so we can give them back out via FGFGF offerings.

What do others think?

On 7/6/2020 at 3:49 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

I don't think i'm saying anything different to what @Diddums also said back to Joe in that a separate section is easy to create on forums and we could create some basic access restriction based on minimum posts or other criteria. Most that would buy and sell you'd hope would be regulars and we are in a place where fallouts i'd say a few and far between (if ever) but one horrible transaction and it could get messy. We'd also need moderators and people all over it, something that I don't think i've got the capacity to do right now but that doesn't we shouldn't if we had the right people offering to help maintain it. It'd also have to be no ones responsibility behind the scenes at FG if something went wrong - transactions would be directly between the seller and buyer.

I think/hope the chances of it getting messy would be slim with the people we have on here. Everybody I've spoken to or played with seem like good guys. Could just have a zero tolerance policy: screw somebody over once and you're banned from either selling/buying again or just a straight ban from FG altogether. I'd happily offer myself as a moderator if something like that came about. It was my idea after all 🤣

fart.gif

Money is the root of all falling outs between people but if there is a demand for this kind of thing then go ahead.
I'd prefer a sharing community rather than this kind of thing but if its helpful for some then it is what it is.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg