Forum Suggested Improvements / Enhancements

18 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

I’ve changed back to the work theme as the default is a bit juddery on the iPad 

16 hours ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

I only have Chameleon as a new theme. (I prefer Dreadnought though) 

7 hours ago, The3rdWalker said:

Yes. Yes. Yes. 🙏

Plus you changed the logo from the badge to just the infinity gaming part of our logo which I think is 100% nicer looking as a brand. Love everything about the changes. 

Well done!

Thanks for the feedback so far. Nice to hear it rather than second guess changes.

@Plumbers Crack, not sure why its juddery? One theme over another shouldn't do that.

@NCA-Paendrag You should see about 5 once you click 'Theme' at the bottom of the screen. I'll check to make sure they're available for all. Also, I still prefer Dreadnought but want to listen to the calls of changing up themes more often.

@The3rdWalker glad you like it, I'm totally open to using the other logos. The only thing that makes me uncomfortable just using the infinity sign is if anyone new comes along do they know its us. Be nice to get a slogan at the top but at the same time its nice and sleek.

We'll incorporate maybe a few more themes in the next few weeks - just be aware you have to then ensure every single theme available looks correct. Keep shouting up anything you see that looks off or could be better.

17 minutes ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

I only see 4 Lee. 

You should see 6 now.

Themes we now have people may not be aware of:

• Elegant - White background, main colour can be chosen by yourselves
  • Chameleon Dark - Dark background, background pic can be chosen from a few options (i need a few more backgrounds if anyone wants to suggest one for it)
  • 4.2 - The default them for the software with no logo
  • Work - same as IPS default but with logo
  • Carbon - An old theme we had for a bit not optimised or checked recently so may be errors
  • Dreadnought - most recent theme and lots of features integrated that we need to see if possible to integrate on others

As I say, will look for more but also need to focus on getting these working. Hopefully enough light and dark options currently.

Thanks for the feedback so far. Nice to hear it rather than second guess changes.

[mention=49]Plumbers Crack[/mention], not sure why its juddery? One theme over another shouldn't do that.

[mention=127]NCA-Paendrag[/mention] You should see about 5 once you click 'Theme' at the bottom of the screen. I'll check to make sure they're available for all. Also, I still prefer Dreadnought but want to listen to the calls of changing up themes more often.

[mention=1428]The3rdWalker[/mention] glad you like it, I'm totally open to using the other logos. The only thing that makes me uncomfortable just using the infinity sign is if anyone new comes along do they know its us. Be nice to get a slogan at the top but at the same time its nice and sleek.

We'll incorporate maybe a few more themes in the next few weeks - just be aware you have to then ensure every single theme available looks correct. Keep shouting up anything you see that looks off or could be better.

But we are the only one with that logo. It’s more iconic than the badge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

1 hour ago, The3rdWalker said:

But we are the only one with that logo. It’s more iconic than the badge.

Remember, I don't fully know how we're perceived on the outside. I do really like it still and I know that sometimes it's just me getting used to differences. As long as people enjoy it thats all that matters to me.

Chameleon Dark looks good, but the FG logo format is messed up. 

Would maybe look good with some gamerelated pictures, ie from Destiny, COD, GTA etc? 

Don't know if it's the theme or just a regular bug, but first post/reply I made using a new theme I had to clear the editor as it inserted an old quote. 

Had this happen before too but a while ago now. 

Like the font on Chameleon Dark too. 

One more thing: If you're gonna use the infinity logo only, make it bigger as it's almost invisible now. 

FYI. The new ranks that have been active for a few weeks are in order following CS:GO Ranks which feel like they're the most fitting to a gaming community.

38d9c096-67a7-483c-9b0b-2acdeac4ffcd.png

I'll work up an infographic in the future but for now the ranks are as follows:

Silver 1 - 0 Posts

Sliver 2 - 10 Posts

Silver 3 - 50 Posts

Silver 4 - 100 Posts

Silver Elite - 500 Posts

Silver Elite Master - 1000 Posts

Gold Nova 1 - 1500 Posts

Gold Nova 2 - 2000 Posts

Gold Nova 3 - 2500 Posts

Gold Nova Elite - 3000 Posts

Master Guardian 1 - 3500 Posts

Master Guardian 2 - 4000 Posts

Master Guardian Elite - 5000 Posts

Distinguished Master Guardian - 6000 Posts

Legendary Eagle - 7000 Posts

Legendary Eagle master - 8000 Posts

Supreme Master First Class - 9000 Posts

The Global Elite - 10000 Posts

These should be fit for purpose for a while - I'm sitting on 7,226 after this post and I'm clear by some margin.  Trophies do link to these in some ways too so you can always then see what you've achieved over the years. As said in the trophy thread, we'll get some infographics done to highlight what they all mean. 

1. Ditch the Rocket League section. The tournaments aren't a thing and we can have it in the general sport games section of posts. 
  2. The file size for photos is tiny. Think of adding a greater limit for Forever Gaming members. (Not public)
    1. I cannot even copy & paste a screenshot of a tweet because the file limit is 71.68 kB.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

6 minutes ago, The3rdWalker said:
  1. Ditch the Rocket League section. The tournaments aren't a thing and we can have it in the general sport games section of posts. 
  2. The file size for photos is tiny. Think of adding a greater limit for Forever Gaming members. (Not public)
    1. I cannot even copy & paste a screenshot of a tweet because the file limit is 71.68 kB.

Both will likely happen ASAP.

I want more sections dedicated to games in time but would like to know more ideas.

Picture wise its all about storage. We may need to add to the list of maintenance the deletion of large old files so we can keep storage down. The alternative is to upgrade our hosting service - something again that would be nice but as its more money per month thats probably something to consider if footfall continues to increase.

You got a recommended size limit at all?

32 minutes ago, The3rdWalker said:

90% of images I post on here are screenshots. Just pasting one into paint and saving as a PNG File is about 160kb so I don't think there's a reason to go over 200. 

Okay, I'll have a look at the settings.

8 hours ago, The3rdWalker said:

90% of images I post on here are screenshots. Just pasting one into paint and saving as a PNG File is about 160kb so I don't think there's a reason to go over 200. 

Moderators and Admin have no limits now. I expect you all to understand the larger the images in total isn't ideal although will be fine if we don't completely overload images.

Equally with immediate effect, all FG Members can now upload up to 2MB per post. No overall limits. With this in mindwe'll add a guideline that we reserve the right to remove any large image if it is causing considerable server and perfomance issues.

8 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Moderators and Admin have no limits now. I expect you all to understand the larger the images in total isn't ideal although will be fine if we don't completely overload images.

Equally with immediate effect, all FG Members can now upload up to 2MB per post. No overall limits. With this in mindwe'll add a guideline that we reserve the right to remove any large image if it is causing considerable server and perfomance issues.

Good balance Lee, try and if it doesn’t work, reduce the size limit.

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Just a heads up that the Trophy system will be switched off for abit as it isn't assigning trophies correctly. I'll reinstate ASAP when I've relooked at them.

13 hours ago, The3rdWalker said:

Remove PUBG section. Not enough play it nor is it a meaty enough game to have discussions about. 

I agree. Its been a while since I've had time to change the Subforums so we'll collapse it back into the main section.

There's a strong possibility I will create a Warframe one again and a WoW one. I think its worth a chance to see if they grow.

As we talked about last night, Warframe is really quite easy when you understand the mods. Mechanics is nothing to worry about. 

Hit me up when you're ready and I'll start you  up with some good gear and mods 😀

And talk you through the fundamentals. 

Apologies for no additions of late. The last few weeks have been taken up by my holiday which I had no signal and then Destiny 2 Forsaken happened and tbh I've just had the most fun logging on after a hard day at work and sorting kids out and grinding and helping others out.

I'll get back to some organisation elements I planned over the next few weeks and get back to Event planning. There's a hell of a lot to get done and I want to keep the ball rolling - if you want to get involved in anything, contact me. Even if its helping me share new information - I need a lot of this if we want the Warframe and WoW sections to get speed.

Thanks for your patience all.

Morning all. Just a little note out there to say keep the ideas coming in if you have any. I plan to add sections and do a general clean up this week as its been a while.