Forum Suggested Improvements / Enhancements

Upgrade took place to IPS 4.3.1

We now have more native emojis as standard.

One issue I do see is menu options are a darker font now. I'll look into that tonight to brighten them up.

We've potentially got quite abit of stuff to do backend now so if there are things that are bugging you, please shout up.

Bit of an update to technical elements if you want to know.

Fixed

- Menus showing as grey on black background

- Search button on website disproportionate

- Android App has now been updated in Google Play Store

- Overall Web Theme updated

Outstanding known bugs in progress

- Tapatalk and FG Android App still requires plug in to connect and allow users to log in and post. ETA has been sent this morning which sounds to be 48 hours away.

I apolgise that we have this issue still - it's frustrating for me as well as you all but its not acceptable. It does make me reconsider the current paid app again and resurrecting work into looking at our own native app.

Next Up

- Pick up installing Pages application. This needs development support.

- Install Infobox improvements to your posts. Allows you to add infoboxes such as boxes for images or a review score. Allows you to have a Pro/Con structure within your post which I think adds significant ways to post up on FG.

Please shout up here what you think of these changes and if there are further changes you'd like to see.

Starting to resolve Tapatalk and Android App issues now. Please bear with the site as I try and sort this now. You may get errors or thrown out of your session as i'm doing this. I'll keep everyone updated.

The FG Android App and Tapatalk has now been fixed. At the same time our Forever Gaming has been updated in the Play Store! Thanks for your patience FG!

Updates to FG:

• Super slider updated
  • Freshened up the featured threads
  • Discord login handler installed - You can now login and sync your Discord login with FG
  • Social Info - On your profile there is now a new link called Social Info. Here is where you can put all your social links if you want to and they will show as icons underneath your Profile and next to posts across FG
  • Created new Forums - The Division, Cyberpunk 2077, Anthem. Also added football (you meant to say soccer, didn't you) as its own section in General Discussion.
  • Updated Tapatalk image and background
  • FG App now fully working - we had intermittent issues with a few existing FGers, existing issues will be with your cache on your phone. Please delete the info and install FG App again and it will work. Thanks for the heads up @crispymorgan
  • Added email capability which has been intermittent of late. Therefore emails now should be received when resetting passwords, awaiting for activation email, etc
  • Signatures now viewable on mobile devices

In Progress

• An FG points system, similar to Gamerscores
  • Trophies and Medals
  • New Topic links notified into Discord
  • Create Fantasy football (you meant to say soccer, didn't you) World Cup FG League

The first 2 of these updates i'm hoping will add more value for being around and giving something back to all of you guys whilst having fun here.

Its now 1.40am and I need sleep before work. Hope these additions will add to your time here. The new forum sections are a bit more of a bold move and absolutely needs your support to create new Topics in them. Please, please, please do what you can. Lets see how it goes as this could be a really exciting time to play games and be around FG.

20 hours ago, BO7H B4RRELS said:

Well done, Lee. You've worked unbelievably hard on our home. Thank you.

Fixed that for you 😘 although I'm surr it's not much compared to other communities.

As always I do want to hear if there's other stuff you want around - it can be anything. And please help get the new forum sections kicking! I think we have plenty to look forward to now!

20 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Like the white background Lee...makes it seem fresher 👍

19 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Ah, I thought my work PC was throwing a wobblyemoji3.pngemoji106.png

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, The3rdWalker said:

You can still change the theme at the bottom if you wanted to. I kind of like the different, default skin for a bit. 

I changed the theme of the site on accident. I was messing around with some settings, and was attempting to make a new theme based off of some feedback I had at work here from potential members.

I ended up deleteing what I was working on, and then I guess that changed the default somehow. IDK

I wont mess with that section again 🤔

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

No way dude. Tinker around, sometimes change is nice. 
Agreed. Even if you did by accident!

It would be nice to have a range of different themes tbh as its always something@diddums and I talked about ages ago.

Any preferences on ones we can get hold of e.g. colour, size of font, etc?

15 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Agreed. Even if you did by accident!

It would be nice to have a range of different themes tbh as its always something@diddums and I talked about ages ago.

Any preferences on ones we can get hold of e.g. colour, size of font, etc?

I dug in to the whole themes thing ages ago and was told that if you want to serve a different theme for different users, the server will need to allocate ram per user which would escalate the RAM usage to stellar levels. I don't know how true this is as the chap I was dealing with was about as useful as a chocolate teapot but there certainly seems to be an element of plausibility to it. 

I wish we could have like 100 themes and just have a random one every time we log on, that'd be epic, no idea how this would work though. 

banlol.png

I've added a couple more themes and also changed the default currently to Chameleon. Not had chance to fully customise them all yet but wanted to make them available ASAP so we can get your feedback whilst we tweak it.

The other one I have added is Elegant which you can change the main colour of the site to absolutely anything. Theme picker is at the bottom of FG.

Let us know what you think!

4 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I've added a couple more themes and also changed the default currently to Chameleon. Not had chance to fully customise them all yet but wanted to make them available ASAP so we can get your feedback whilst we tweak it.

The other one I have added is Elegant which you can change the main colour of the site to absolutely anything. Theme picker is at the bottom of FG.

Let us know what you think!

I’ve changed back to the work theme as the default is a bit juddery on the iPad 

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork