Forum Suggested Improvements / Enhancements

Added a 'Love' emotion so you can sjpw even more love to a post rather than a Like. It will receive +1 rep like the other positive ones.

Will add a Books / Comics / Reading subforum later in General. We'll monitor how it goes a few months.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

We're looking at things again, to make sure we can keep things alive and fresh. If you have any improvements, ideas or suggestions please let us know.

7 hours ago, The3rdWalker said:

On Tapatalk change the icon to our infinity symbol in our logo, hosted on google drive.

fc2d89db8e37264889c97907ae60824e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll see what I can do. I need to get escalate to them anyway as they've ignored my last 4 messages.

I've promoted Fortnite to a Featured FG game as most active people play it here. I've also added Sea of Thieves as a sub-forum in the RPG section and we'll see how that goes.

The more shared on these forums, the greater chance they stay there so over to you peoples.

4 hours ago, MrBiron said:

Making me high overlord is the only improvement I want to see ;)

You need to be a Lord before you can be an Overlord and then after majy years becomea high one.

To become a Lord you need to have at least 10,000 posts on FG and be amazingly shit at CoD. Someone told me you're 50% there already ;)

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

You need to be a Lord before you can be an Overlord and then after majy years becomea high one.

To become a Lord you need to have at least 10,000 posts on FG and be amazingly shit at CoD. Someone told me you're 50% there already ;)

But I don't have 10000 posts ye.... Oh, I see. Low blow :(

fart.gif

25 minutes ago, MrBiron said:

But I don't have 10000 posts ye.... Oh, I see. Low blow :(

You're seeing being shit at CoD as a bad thing. Contrary to the point, that's why you fit perfectly in at FG.

I feel privileged having one more brother from another mother that can share our joyous batterings and being destroyed at CoD ❤

12 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

You're seeing being shit at CoD as a bad thing. Contrary to the point, that's why you fit perfectly in at FG.

I feel privileged having one more brother from another mother that can share our joyous batterings and being destroyed at CoD ❤

Well said brother :lol:

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

14 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I'm not shit at it. I'm extremely average :lol:

fart.gif

I've re-added the super slider on to FG. I think it just adds something else when you come here. Any more changes or thoughts you want us to consider? 

Just now, NCA-Paendrag said:

Is it possible to make the slide smaller? I personally think it looks better without it, as it takes up my whole screen before I scroll down. Probably just when on my phone though, which is all I use. 

I've made it pretty much as small as I can. Thing is for newer people is fresh and interesting - large sliding blocks are a new common addition. I think some people don't quite understand what's around when they hit the homepage. I didn't think the scroll past it was a massive one tbh.

It's not a msssive issue Lee, was just my 2 cents [emoji846]
I'm sure I'll get used to it after a few months. 

[emoji6]🤭
Honestly, this is great feedback. I'm not saying it will stay. Its more twofold.

1) We need to keep the place looking fresh. People turn off with things look the same all the time so your eyes need to be pulled by new stuff

2) Existing members will continually read FG regardless of what is shown so its more for new people. It needs to shout out a little more as people need to understand this is an open and unique family, not just another 'forum' - cos it isn't [emoji5]
When you use the app whereis the Unread Content button again please?
Menu option should state 'Unread' as an option. Swipe right and you'll end up just seeing unread threads. The app is being funny atm with uploading a pic I just took of it [emoji35]

Via the FG App

38 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Honestly, this is great feedback. I'm not saying it will stay. Its more twofold.

1) We need to keep the place looking fresh. People turn off with things look the same all the time so your eyes need to be pulled by new stuff

2) Existing members will continually read FG regardless of what is shown so its more for new people. It needs to shout out a little more as people need to understand this is an open and unique family, not just another 'forum' - cos it isn't emoji5.pngMenu option should state 'Unread' as an option. Swipe right and you'll end up just seeing unread threads. The app is being funny atm with uploading a pic I just took of it emoji35.png

Via the FG App

Thanks Lee I can see it now...can’t think why I couldn’t see it yesterday...another day older I suppose!

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

When I mentioned about emoji support a few months back, this will come later tonight when I do an upgrade. I'll be checking if there's any other key improvements to call out and will post up later.

As a separate note, I will be looking into the other sections again to technically bring more to FG. I may require support on this from others but will shout once I need that.