Stranger Things

McNasty

Loved it! Got so hooked I binged watched the entire first season in 2 days, pretty sure it's only 8 episodes though.

That was my description of it too, the Goonies meets, nightmare on elm street.

Dont want to give anything away but I think everyone should give this a watch! The kids were brilliant in it, even showing up the bigger actors.

Go watch it all!!

Well I had to watch this now because of all the hype.

My. Fucking. Lord. This is a brilliant series. On last episode of first series. How they made this with the kids and the concept is amazing.

9 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Well I had to watch this now because of all the hype.

My. Fucking. Lord. This is a brilliant series. On last episode of first series. How they made this with the kids and the concept is amazing.

I started watching it for same reason so far in waiting for it to turn into the best TV ever made as @Diddums described it, 3 episodes in and im not gripped but as it's only 8 episodes long I'll finish the series but it's not going to get me to binge watch on what I've seen so far.

I started watching it for same reason so far in waiting for it to turn into the best TV ever made as [mention=1]Diddums[/mention] described it, 3 episodes in and im not gripped but as it's only 8 episodes long I'll finish the series but it's not going to get me to binge watch on what I've seen so far.
Good move, I'm pretty sure everyone who likes this programme is a secret kiddy fiddler. With the exception of Diddums, who makes no secret of it.

[emoji16][emoji23]🤣

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Holy shit! How did I  only just see this?! Season 3 on July 4th!

And whoever made the deal to make this Coke advert below needs a pay payrise. Immediately.

Really interesting to see how Season 3 goes.

The mall where they shot all of Stranger Things is about 30 minutes away from me.  I grew up going to that mall  but it's been a complete ghost town for the last 15 years.  All the anchor stores are gone and I think it's about 70 percent vacant.  I pass by it on the way back from my office so I walked through it last year to see if I could catch a glimpse of the set.  Everything was blocked off though so you couldn't really see anything.  I was in my work clothes which is nothing fancy, just slacks and a button down, and I stuck out like a sore thumb in that mall.  I actually felt pretty unsafe in there so I noped the hell out.

19 hours ago, McNasty said:

The mall where they shot all of Stranger Things is about 30 minutes away from me.  I grew up going to that mall  but it's been a complete ghost town for the last 15 years.  All the anchor stores are gone and I think it's about 70 percent vacant.  I pass by it on the way back from my office so I walked through it last year to see if I could catch a glimpse of the set.  Everything was blocked off though so you couldn't really see anything.  I was in my work clothes which is nothing fancy, just slacks and a button down, and I stuck out like a sore thumb in that mall.  I actually felt pretty unsafe in there so I noped the hell out.

You gotta go back and get some pics  cant believe you're that close to it. Hopefully they'll have left some random souvenirs by accident.

I thoroughly enjoyed the whole if series 3. Managed to watch it across 2 days.

As we talked in my PPR, I think because you could binge watch it, I didnt get that slow build up feeling in the first 3 episodes - maybe the same could've happened to GoT because all you do is over analyse one episode until you can watch the next one.

Overall, the soundtrack was unbelievable again, the surroundings and cliches they had as it was 1984 was just mindblowingly accurate. I was totally born in the wrong era to be able enjoy perms and colourful clothes.

I did feel the Russian spin to it was quite far-fetched although it was around at the time. Ending was great, warmed to Hopper throughout the season whereas I didnt like him to start with as a raving alcoholic.

As much as there may be a little cringe in tiny parts, they seem to balance heartpounding moments with great comedy. Didnt expect them to see Never Ending Story near the end. Cracked up to that.

Nice twist with Hopper adding his own words to the letter to Elle too. Bonus points for that ending.

Season 4 anybody? May be difficult to keep that up as the kids get older and we're already in 1984.

Glad to hear you liked it man.  Just do yourself a favor and avoid the Stranger Things subreddit.  It seems that I'm in good company with my frustrations and I found myself yesterday deep in the echo chamber.  Now I like the season a whole lot less than I did originally lol.

Spoiler

Now that you've seen it through, here's my biggest beef.  Why the hell didn't Hopper just walk 20 feet back to the control room tower when he was done fighting the terminator for the 3rd time?!?!?!  Nah, instead we get..... "it's OK Joyce, I want to be a hero and I'm fine if you kill the shit out of me right now so I'll just nod my approval after a 20 second emotional staredown where we both come to terms about what HAS to happen even though I could have made it to the control tower in about 5 seconds".

1 hour ago, McNasty said:

Glad to hear you liked it man.  Just do yourself a favor and avoid the Stranger Things subreddit.  It seems that I'm in good company with my frustrations and I found myself yesterday deep in the echo chamber.  Now I like the season a whole lot less than I did originally lol.

Reveal hidden contents

Lol. Ironically I never read reddit. Like ever. So at least I'll have no influencing voices on there.

Re:Hopper. I'm not sure mate as I'll have to watch it again but I'm sure there's a electric spinning force field that pops up at that pivotal moment so he can't get back?

My view is that if you buy into the 80s wacky vibe the program has had since the start, you know that dont try to explain everything that happens and I'm cool with that. I think if it was in any other era and had a more serious tone then it should explain some things further.

I mean, I'd argue Eleven's powers haven't really been properly explained thoroughly for my liking but that's okay. I think some bits need to be a little open-ended.

Spoiler

What did you think of the end spoiler btw? Someone at work said they think its Hopper in the other prison cell because they say 'no, not the American ones'.