Bugs, issues and problems

I only use my phone on here. 
I do most of the time but some admin features that are back end can only be changed via my PC (I'm sure I could do it in phone in a way but the last time I did some years ago, I took everything offline by accident!).

17 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:
26 minutes ago, NCA-Paendrag said:
I only use my phone on here. 

I do most of the time but some admin features that are back end can only be changed via my PC (I'm sure I could do it in phone in a way but the last time I did some years ago, I took everything offline by accident!).

Comment made so you got that the problem was not only pc. 

Are you still doing updates to the site?  When I first open the forum on PC and mobile I get this "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '/', expecting identifier (T_STRING) in /var/sites/f/forevergaming.co.uk/public_html/forum/datastore/widget_recentStatusUpdates_xiyvemoki_5725a486610dfe0d33a47ce048a8b913.a5c09042ea.php on line 6"

I can reload the page and it just loads up as normal, so not sure what's going on.

25 minutes ago, Spacedeck said:

Are you still doing updates to the site?  When I first open the forum on PC and mobile I get this "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '/', expecting identifier (T_STRING) in /var/sites/f/forevergaming.co.uk/public_html/forum/datastore/widget_recentStatusUpdates_xiyvemoki_5725a486610dfe0d33a47ce048a8b913.a5c09042ea.php on line 6"

I can reload the page and it just loads up as normal, so not sure what's going on.

Same here. 

1 hour ago, Spacedeck said:

1 hour ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

Same here. 

Thanks both. There seems to be an underlying issue with some plugins and widgets currently.

I'll retool at stuff this week once I'm home and recovered from the weekend.

9 hours ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

Don't know if it's deliberate or not m, but I've noticed for a while that you don’t see who's online on here anymore. 

It is deliberate. One of the things we've removed recently to streamline the site. We'll see how it goes and I'm probably due an update for everybody so sound off if theres any changes that are good or not so good.

42 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

It is deliberate. One of the things we've removed recently to streamline the site. We'll see how it goes and I'm probably due an update for everybody so sound off if theres any changes that are good or not so good.

Don't see it gotten more streamlined without it, but it doesn't bug me 🙂

18 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Not sure if this is the right place but there's a couple of pinned threads in the RPG section that could probably be unpinned now regarding The Division 2. 

Thanks mate, will take a look whilst i'm reviewing the place atm 👍

28 minutes ago, Diddums said:

@GazzaGarratt how hard is it to change the smiley set? The grinning one at the moment looks like someone with down syndrome 😄 😄 😄 😄  

Pretty easy to change the whole set to another standard we used to have. Funnily enough, these are Twitter's emoji so these are more common that the rest out there!

image.png

We can go back to little cartoon, lower res ones if we want to, or i can likely change this specific one somehow. The grinning face is this one 😀 and 😁. Did you type the shortcut cos I think this seems to be what we just need to change if i/we can find the setting?

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Pretty easy to change the whole set to another standard we used to have. Funnily enough, these are Twitter's emoji so these are more common that the rest out there!

image.png

We can go back to little cartoon, lower res ones if we want to, or i can likely change this specific one somehow. The grinning face is this one 😀 and 😁. Did you type the shortcut cos I think this seems to be what we just need to change if i/we can find the setting?

I changed it, that looks much better. No wonder it looks like a fucking mong, it's the Twitter set. Just representing their members :D 

2 hours ago, The3rdWalker said:

Could we please remove the CSGO badges and user ranks from the profiles to the left of the posted message? I think they are pretty redundant and add little to no value to the forum.

I think this is easily removed too tbh. I'll have a poke around. 

banlol.png

2 hours ago, The3rdWalker said:

Could we please remove the CSGO badges and user ranks from the profiles to the left of the posted message? I think they are pretty redundant and add little to no value to the forum.

I don't see that being a problem - i want ranks though because every place has them and we should too...possibly need some bespoke FG ones before we go and haul them all off. @Diddums don't remove them before we have alternatives plz. fanks

7 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I don't see that being a problem - i want ranks though because every place has them and we should too...possibly need some bespoke FG ones before we go and haul them all off. @Diddums don't remove them before we have alternatives plz. fanks

Fair enough. I just feel they're dated, tacky and not to mention they are CSGO themed which none of you play.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

3 hours ago, The3rdWalker said:

Fair enough. I just feel they're dated, tacky and not to mention they are CSGO themed which none of you play.

I'm totally in agreement Rob. I always find it easier to remove them when we have something to replace them with. If someone fancies having a crack at new levels that would be awesome.