Bugs, issues and problems

Just came on here to post exactly that, I was because I wasn't logged in.

Can we get that refreshing for people who aren't logged in? If your new to the forum and it looks like people haven't been posting for months, it might turn people away.

Also just found out that if I click the main logo, to take me back to the home page, it logs me out.

yeah man that too, been like that for yonks

Thanks guys. If I wasn't going away tomorrow for Dax's birthday I would look into this over the next few days.

1. Latest poster. It shouldn't do that if not logged in.

2. Auto log out on home screen. It shouldn't do this either.

In reference to no.2, I believe you have a set number of places where your login is 'remembered'. If you reach that limit, it then can't remember more. There may be a setting we can check on this as if you've clicked 'Remember Me', it should do that. What browsers do you use? Can you check multiple browsers please as IE generally has issues retaining this info, so I only use Chrome now. Let me know which ones have issues.

Thanks

43 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Thanks guys. If I wasn't going away tomorrow for Dax's birthday I would look into this over the next few days.

1. Latest poster. It shouldn't do that if not logged in.

2. Auto log out on home screen. It shouldn't do this either.

In reference to no.2, I believe you have a set number of places where your login is 'remembered'. If you reach that limit, it then can't remember more. There may be a setting we can check on this as if you've clicked 'Remember Me', it should do that. What browsers do you use? Can you check multiple browsers please as IE generally has issues retaining this info, so I only use Chrome now. Let me know which ones have issues.

Thanks

No worries dude, it's not a game breaker but definitely something that needs to be looked into.

:769_heart:

1 hour ago, tronic44 said:

No worries dude, it's not a game breaker but definitely something that needs to be looked into.

:769_heart:

I actually think it is. I thought the latest patch from the software provider fixed the logout issue but obviously not so I'm pretty pissed.

Its critical to have their login stored because people can be lazy not to login and then don't see/post on stuff here. I don't know who comes here but doesn't login and its key to know who visits FG, even if they don't post currently.

@Sennex @Diddums @BO7H B4RRELS if any of you guys don't get chance to see this over weekend, I'll take a look on Monday evening.

17 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I actually think it is. I thought the latest patch from the software provider fixed the logout issue but obviously not so I'm pretty pissed.

Its critical to have their login stored because people can be lazy not to login and then don't see/post on stuff here. I don't know who comes here but doesn't login and its key to know who visits FG, even if they don't post currently.

@Sennex @Diddums @BO7H B4RRELS if any of you guys don't get chance to see this over weekend, I'll take a look on Monday evening.

Ahh I just didn't want to put any pressure on you as you're obviously busy with more important things. 

Ahh I just didn't want to put any pressure on you as you're obviously busy with more important things. 

You're not at all dude. Had a brief chat with Bart yesterday and we're in the same boat that its a local issue to you and Phil, not to others. I'll try and find some info out if I can but its all around Cookies and cached data why both issues occur for you two.

You're not at all dude. Had a brief chat with Bart yesterday and we're in the same boat that its a local issue to you and Phil, not to others. I'll try and find some info out if I can but its all around Cookies and cached data why both issues occur for you two.
Racism against the Hackney boys that's what it is. Fucking knew it.

[emoji41]🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

20 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Racism against the Hackney boys that's what it is. Fucking knew it.

emoji41.png🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

It is! For too long us hackniers have been put down, stomped in the dirt. Well it's time we had the last laugh! It's time to rise up against.....ah wtf am I on about? :lol: Even I got bored of what I was typing.

Nice one @GazzaGarratt Will look into clearing cookies etc

Haven't been on tonight but noticed that FG had a bug which was related to the Videos section. I've updated the Videos Application now so everything is all up and running again.

Apologies for the downtime if you came across it tonight.

7 hours ago, BO7H B4RRELS said:

I've been having issues with the app.  It crashes when I try to open it.  Sheezy and Barticus both said they're having issues as well. 

Thanks Tommy. Sam also told me yesterday. I was wondering why we hadn't much posts from Murica.

I'm on to this. We need it updating. Little frustrated as its still not updated since March 2017.

Ticket raised and I'll keep checking back to give updates ASAP.

(This is why we need our own one we 100% own).

We're still waiting on a response from TapaTalk for our app. Not sure why they aren't responding.

@BO7H B4RRELS @jSyn66 and @Capn_Underpants - still having problems? Anyone else having issues too?

Known problems currently:

- Calendar is duplicating events sometimes and Weekly view shows events on incorrect day. Fault known and with our service provider. Eexpected fix next week.

- FG App is being intermittent for a few people. Raised with service provider Tapatalk. Current status is that they are finding it difficult to replicate because it is working for some users and not others.

Update.

Calendar is now fixed! Update went live this morning.

App - I'm not hearing of any further App issues and I can see many people use it now so please shout if you still have issues. Screenshots help too. :)

The 'Feature Games' section needs an overhaul [emoji4]

Yeah, agreed. I've struggled for head space to look at this lately but as we've given some of those sections a fair crack its likely that we need to remove or demote some. I'll try to make time over tonight/tomorrow.

Would be good to know if there are other candidates to have sections of their own.

20 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Yeah, agreed. I've struggled for head space to look at this lately but as we've given some of those sections a fair crack its likely that we need to remove or demote some. I'll try to make time over tonight/tomorrow.

Would be good to know if there are other candidates to have sections of their own.

Fallout 76 May need a section. I've booked a week off work to play it on release. Though I have to go to some shit hole called Man Chester shortly after release.

Blops 4 will probably need a section.

Red Dead 2 may also need one as I'm sure most of us will end up getting it.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Anyone else getting errors today on this forum?

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '/', expecting identifier (T_STRING) in /var/sites/f/forevergaming.co.uk/public_html/forum/datastore/widget_topicFeed_8604pkmez_2aff74d85b926a75b951f3c512eef4bf.a5c09042ea.php on line 6

Anyone else getting errors today on this forum?

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '/', expecting identifier (T_STRING) in /var/sites/f/forevergaming.co.uk/public_html/forum/datastore/widget_topicFeed_8604pkmez_2aff74d85b926a75b951f3c512eef4bf.a5c09042ea.php on line 6

Similar. I have to refresh the page. Happened several times today. 
I'll have to take a look later as I can only access FG via my phone. It looks like I'll just need to disable a widget when I get the chance.