Sonic Mania (2D)(PS4)

Sonic Mania is getting an upgrade called Sonic Mania Plus.

Sonic Mania Plus will introduce two classic series stars as playable characters: Mighty the Armadillo and Ray the Flying Squirrel. Both debuted in the 1993 isometric arcade spin-off, SegaSonic the Hedgehog, and most recently had a cameos in Sonic Generations.

Sonic Mania Plus also adds a new "Encore Mode", which freshens up existing levels with visuals changes, alongside "new ways to play, and new ways to explore". Lastly, Sonic Mania's split-screen multiplayer racing mode, known as Competition Mode, will be expanded to accommodate four, rather than the current two, players.

Sonic Mania Plus will launch this summer in digital and physical forms. The physical release will be available for PS4, Xbox One, and Switch, and includes a holographic slip cover, a reversible Genesis sleeve (which will be appropriately Mega-Drive-themed in Europe), plus a 32-page Sonic Mania Art Book. All for $29.99 USD (about £21).

The digital version, meanwhile, will be available as a standalone download, and existing owners of the original Sonic Mania will be able to upgrade to Plus, with pricing information to be announced at a later date.

I'm really hoping that the price to upgrade is below £10. Also, I love the idea of 4 player split screen but it needs to be online rather than native to just your local PS4.

If anyone hasn't bought the original Mania game though, I'd definitely recommend it but maybe wait to get the plus version for £21.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb