Robot Wars

J4MES OX4D

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't remember where you are located but guessing on the other side of the pond? We've had it back on TV here for over a year now. The 2nd season of Battlebots started a few weeks ago on TV here....it's just as good as it was in the old days. Actually even a little better IMO. Some of the bots are really well designed/made. They allow drones in this years season which is pretty neat to see.

I can't remember where you are located but guessing on the other side of the pond? We've had it back on TV here for over a year now. The 2nd season of Battlebots started a few weeks ago on TV here....it's just as good as it was in the old days. Actually even a little better IMO. Some of the bots are really well designed/made. They allow drones in this years season which is pretty neat to see.

Yep, we had the original Robot Wars back in 1998 and it was a growing and massive success but petered out in the final few years before being cancelled in 2004 I think it was. We've had nothing along these lines since so it will be good to have it back on our screens plus new stuff in regards to tech and science now being focused on as well as the battles.

I used to love this back in the day, can't wait to see what it's like.

I wonder if they'll bring back crack head Craig?

It's Dara O'Brien presenting but Jonathan Pearce is coming back to commentate!

This was quality back in the day

I am a bit disappointed in Season 2 so far. I know if it was based on the best of the best you would only see wedges, flippers and drum spinners but still the active weapon rule is a bit gay. To see minibots and drones is pointless, none of them have ever been effective. 

Minotaur, Tombstone and Bronco are still my favorite.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

Just watched the first two battles on Robot Wars rebooted and I must say that the producers and editors have collectively ruined it. Firstly; the camera angles they are using are horrendous whereby you can't see half the battles clearly and they zip from camera to camera so often; you can't work out what the fuck you're watching. Secondly; whoever edited this should be fired - not only was I contesting with these horrible camera angles switching every 2 seconds; when you do finally get eyes locked on the battle; they slow down parts of the fight with this horrible framerate and then incorporate live replays which are even slower on top so the battles don't have any flow whatsoever. 

The original series had 3 main arena cameras and showed the battles largely in full and at full pace without snazzy editing. The replays were also real-time speed and didn't upset the flow of the spectacle. I honestly don't know what the hell they've done to this but the production is bloody terrible and they better address this shit before the next episode. The rest of the show is rather uninspired and drab too but the editing has somewhat left me shocked. 

Just watched the first two battles on Robot Wars rebooted and I must say that the producers and editors have collectively ruined it. Firstly; the camera angles they are using are horrendous whereby you can't see half the battles clearly and they zip from camera to camera so often; you can't work out what the fuck you're watching. Secondly; whoever edited this should be fired - not only was I contesting with these horrible camera angles switching every 2 seconds; when you do finally get eyes locked on the battle; they slow down parts of the fight with this horrible framerate and then incorporate live replays which are even slower on top so the battles don't have any flow whatsoever. 

The original series had 3 main arena cameras and showed the battles largely in full and at full pace without snazzy editing. The replays were also real-time speed and didn't upset the flow of the spectacle. I honestly don't know what the hell they've done to this but the production is bloody terrible and they better address this shit before the next episode. The rest of the show is rather uninspired and drab too but the editing has somewhat left me shocked. 

Aww well that's gutting to hear, why do people feel the need that they have to change stuff that already works! 

People think they're being new age and original when all they really being is douches. Showers the lot of them!

On 7/11/2016 at 0:22 PM, PlasticGaming said:

I am a bit disappointed in Season 2 so far. I know if it was based on the best of the best you would only see wedges, flippers and drum spinners but still the active weapon rule is a bit gay. To see minibots and drones is pointless, none of them have ever been effective. 

Minotaur, Tombstone and Bronco are still my favorite.

I recorded the three most recent episodes of Battlebots while I was on vacation and just today been catching up on them. I totally agree with you about the drones. WTF is the point of the drones anyway, they have no real weapon at all, and all I have seen any of the drones do so far is fly around for 30 seconds then crash and get destroyed.

I think the minibots are just a distraction so that the main bot can attack. It makes the other bots pilot focus on something pointless. Don't forget there are also traps on the field that they have to keep an eye on. 

I also think that the bot isn't quite as important as the person controlling the bot. That seems to make a hell of a lot of difference

I'm all caught up now on Battle Bots. It's pretty decent this season I think. Looks like the drum spinners are the ones to beat this year. My biggest complaint about Battle Bots is that guy that announces the robots. Holy hell that guy and his stupid little puns makes me want to rip my ears off and shove nails in my raw ear holes just hearing him start his little gay ass intros of the teams.

Grown man walks out after being beaten....by children. 😂😂

You know what it's like. You do the prep, you measure everything, you charge the cordless drill and then you line it all up so that set of shelves you're putting up are just about the perfect example of DIY handiwork this side of a B&Q advert.
Except of course you don't. They're wonky. And there's brick dust coming from the wall. And someone next door is screaming.
Well, imagine that times 10. Or 25. That's what this man felt after his lovingly constructed robot was beaten on Robot Wars.....By a team of children.

The man, called Ant, was captain of Team Behemoth. He was apparently angry his team had opted for a new grabber weapon rather than a tried-and-tested scoop set-up.

He later said: “Putting a grabber of that type onto the robot for a critical match was a very poor decision. The main reason I walked out was that I was so annoyed with the rest of the team for making the decision not to go with a guaranteed win with using a scoop has proven that sometimes innovation doesn’t pay out. Sometimes it’s best to use what you know works.”
Either way, not the most gracious moment in TV history.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/item/eb0fce0a-e47c-4d22-8a95-e61e829e0897

On ‎05‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 6:58 AM, tronic44 said:

Grown man walks out after being beaten....by children. 😂😂

You know what it's like. You do the prep, you measure everything, you charge the cordless drill and then you line it all up so that set of shelves you're putting up are just about the perfect example of DIY handiwork this side of a B&Q advert.
Except of course you don't. They're wonky. And there's brick dust coming from the wall. And someone next door is screaming.
Well, imagine that times 10. Or 25. That's what this man felt after his lovingly constructed robot was beaten on Robot Wars.....By a team of children.

The man, called Ant, was captain of Team Behemoth. He was apparently angry his team had opted for a new grabber weapon rather than a tried-and-tested scoop set-up.

He later said: “Putting a grabber of that type onto the robot for a critical match was a very poor decision. The main reason I walked out was that I was so annoyed with the rest of the team for making the decision not to go with a guaranteed win with using a scoop has proven that sometimes innovation doesn’t pay out. Sometimes it’s best to use what you know works.”
Either way, not the most gracious moment in TV history.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/item/eb0fce0a-e47c-4d22-8a95-e61e829e0897

:lol:

jeffersonclasswar.jpg