Stellaris

Sennex

I saw the processor being a third gen (Ivybridge?) and thought that is the same gen as mine, then I read the 1.9Ghz bit :lol: I guess having a desktop has its advantage as the base clock of mine is 3.4Ghz.  The clockspeed would hurt but I'm guessing that being a laptop Dave you might only be running integrated graphics too??? which is what I'm guessing really hurts your gaming performace :(

Though :( for me too as I just lost my first game as pirates destoryed everything.   Time to start again but this time with bigger fleet :)

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

6 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Sigh....bad dose of kit envy from the Plumber...back to MC and CoD then ........trudge, trudge, trudge ;)

That happens to everyone though, look at any PC and you can find a shinier and faster PC and then you find yourself looking at a £20k PC :lol: Ever thought of getting a desktop / new laptop?

1 hour ago, Greboth said:

That happens to everyone though, look at any PC and you can find a shinier and faster PC and then you find yourself looking at a £20k PC :lol: Ever thought of getting a desktop / new laptop?

Yeah, but in all honesty I can't justify it so I'll make do for now :)

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

2 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Is it space or just the cost of it Dave? Real shame btw :(

7 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

I know what you mean mate, I've looked at upgrading mine but it does everything I want it to do reasonably well.  So I've so far resisted the urge to upgrade but it is hard to resist....must resist!

On topic though, my second game is going terribly! The first system I survey has pirates which made my research ship go MIA and destoryed my 3 starter Corvettes too.  I've done some rebulding but I also have some very close neighbours which could stop me expanding too much and to top of it they don't particularly like me either.  I'm going to carry on playing this and see how it goes but if things don't improve I might build the bigest fleet I can and declare war just to see how that goes.

I've heard it's all about research first to develop the best types of defence on your ships whilst you send out for outposts.

Not a problem @Plumbers Crack, maybe one day in the future we can find a way :)