Major League Baseball

The3rdWalker

Is anyone a fan? It was the first sport I ever learned to play and did all the way up until I was sixteen. Growing up in New York I was a Yankees fan when I was younger but switched to the Oakland Athletics around the time I was 13 and have never looked back.

Our ace, Sonny Gray came down with food poisoning yesterday and will miss his opening day start. Ended up losing our opener 4-3 against the Chicago White Sox. Looks like another lovely, ball busting year for my team.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that's something that people outside of the USA mostly don't get. 

My son is a big fan, he cheers for the Yankees and we've gone to see them play a few times.

He use to be an awesome center fielder until he developed something called a bone cyst and broke his arm 3 times in 1 year.

I mostly watch to keep him company while we are having a couple of beers but that's about it

If it's a sport Chad will watch it. He had MLB subscription thing last year, and being that I was sitting beside him knitting most of the time I started paying attention. Low and behold, I enjoyed it!

He got me interested in baseball, I got him interested in roller derby. It's a good time.

Easy McNasty, because everyone has different tastes. I absolutely hate soccer and basketball, don't really care at all for football either, but they are all sports that have huge followings. What one person loves another hates, and visa versa. I never was a baseball fan till about 15 yrs ago. Always thought it was slow moving and boring. Then I watched a couple games and started seeing there was a lot to it even between action, then I really started enjoying it.

lol I know what you're talking about. And Naw not really, that one from years ago on the other site was looking to stir shit. No one here is doing that ;)

Lol. I know... It's just the first thing I thought of.

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

I kind of prefer to play than watch. I pretty much like any sport I can play. Watching is a different matter. If I have the time I'll watch any old shit. Even snooker. But maybe not golf.

I know sweet fa about Baseball other than the Boston Red Sox. And that's proably because of Cheers.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I would much rather play most sports than watch. 

Baseball to me has too much of nothing interesting happening until something interesting does happen. And then it's pretty easy to miss what was interesting because it happens so quickly and so far away. 

If I had to pick a sport it probably would be Hockey. I know it's a shocker for the French Canadian to pick Hockey.  Ottawa has had 3 minor league ball teams that have gone bankrupt. It's just not part of our culture or upbringing.