Headsets

The3rdWalker

I genuinely would love to own a pair of Astros but if I can buy 4 to 5 AAA titles for the same amount i just can't justify it. Not yet anyhow.

My official Sony do the job amd they seem pretty decent on battery life still too. Is there masses of difference between A40s and A50s?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

I genuinely would love to own a pair of Astros but if I can buy 4 to 5 AAA titles for the same amount i just can't justify it. Not yet anyhow.

My official Sony do the job amd they seem pretty decent on battery life still too. Is there masses of difference between A40s and A50s?

A40s are wired, open back ear pieces (which means you can hear ambient sound a bit better, which may be a good thing or a bad thing depending on your situation, and the audio will have a bit more of an 'open' quality that's more natural sounding), and the controls are on the mix amp, not on the headset. Construction and comfort should be pretty much the same, the A50s are a tad heavier because of the battery and controls on the headset. Can't go wrong either way. I've never owned the Sony's, so I can't offer a comparison.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

I tried the Astros but I think the universe was against it.

Returned the faulty pair and against my better judgement I tried to buy some A50s.

When I received the box I noticed the seals were broken. I asked about this, the salesperson went away for 5 minutes, came back and told me they had been "opened for inspection".

I initially took her word but before leaving I decoded to open the box and check for myself.

The instructions were missing. As was the warranty. The headset looked like it had been used.

I returned it and spoke to the manager. She offered me a discount of £10 lol.

I went and joined amazon prime instead and now own a Hyper X Cloud 2 headset which only cost me £60.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Looks like my Sony 7.1's are on their way out as one of the ear pieces has snapped meaning it's only held together by one little wire. All talk looks like it's the A50's I should pick up. Pretty darn expensive so I hope they hold their value and get a good amount of years out of them.

They seem to be £190 from here but if anyone can validate if this is a good price that would be great https://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/Vid14thyp5au85/

Looks like my Sony 7.1's are on their way out as one of the ear pieces has snapped meaning it's only held together by one little wire. All talk looks like it's the A50's I should pick up. Pretty darn expensive so I hope they hold their value and get a good amount of years out of them.

They seem to be £190 from here but if anyone can validate if this is a good price that would be great https://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/Vid14thyp5au85/

They are a good headset Lee there's no doubt about it.
I'll have a look around for you, found mine in a sale for about £140...via hot uk deals

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

9 hours ago, phil bottle said:

They are a good headset Lee there's no doubt about it.
I'll have a look around for you, found mine in a sale for about £140...via hot uk deals

Thanks mate, appreciate it as anything above a ton has to be worth it.

Thanks for the heads up @Plumbers Crack. I'm not fussed what it looks like tbh....well, if its bright green then maybe not!

I can't comment specifically about either the A40's or A50's as I use a PC360 headset with my mixamp so this is a bit more of a generic high end headset comment.  However, I can highly recommend switching to a high (or higher) end headset with a mixamp.  I went from a £50 Turtlebeach to the Mixamp/PC360 combo and the difference was insane!  Sound alone it would have been worth it - I'm not a big audiophile to specifically explain the difference but there is nothing that would make me switch back.  On top of that though, the build quality and comfort is another level - I can (and have) worn mine for 8-10 hours straight and they never become uncomfortable.  The plus side for me has been that I got them for my Xbox 360 and they have remained compatible with the PS4 so I've had them for about 7 or 8 years now and still going strong.

So basically - you may (understandably) wince at the price but once you put them on and hear the difference you will know they were worth it.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

A50s are worth the money and more. I own the PS4/PC headset version and it worked with my Xbox One within minutes. It will make the Sony's sound like tin cans, my only gripe is after a few hours they get really warm (your ears, not the headset itself)

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

7 minutes ago, Diddums said:

Get the A50s you cheap fuck.

Also, I made enough wedge matched betting this week alone to buy a pair. Pull your finger out.

I am getting them, just don't want to pay the ultimate full price. Me saving for some goodies for my fwends.

And yes, just gotta transfer my money and i'll be there. Now you pull your finger out and post stuff to troll Adam.

2 hours ago, PlasticGaming said:

There are a lot of eSports organizations that have discount codes for 10-20%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True. Need to focus getting shirts done first though.

1 hour ago, Diddums said:

:)

1 hour ago, crispymorgan said:

We need a review too.

They're shit

Not really 😂😂😂