Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft.

The3rdWalker

YMvSr.jpg

Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft is a digital card game based on the World of Warcraft TCG set in the Warcraft universe. Hearthstone is a free-to-play, online card game on the Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, iPad, and Android tablet platforms that anyone can play. Players choose to play as one of nine epic Warcraft heroes, and then take turns playing cards from their customizable decks to cast potent spells, use heroic weapons or abilities, or summon powerful characters to crush their opponent.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For new players I suggest you unlock every class by beating the AI. Once you have all 9 classes unlocked, get each class to level 10 by beating up on the AI over and over. Once you hit level 10 you will unlock all the basic cards and can make some okay decks that you can win with.

Fv7bMWv.jpg

I've got all the classes unlocked, Mage and Warrior to 10. Working on Druid next.

I like the Roge and Druid best. 

The game is very similar to Magic the Gathering in many ways. The mechanics are a lot simpler however.

It use to be preferable to buy the basic packs with your gold. You might want to look into that. I haven't played since they added the 3rd pack set (grand tournament) so I don't know what those contain.

You should also be aware that you can craft your own cards by disenchanting your other cards. That does not work with the basic cards however. The cards have to be the card pack cards. 

Your goal right now, if you don't want to buy them, is to unlock the Naxxramas and League of explorers adventures. They contain 8-10 cards that are used in every competitive deck.

The biggest difference between MTG and this game is board control. You want to make smart trades that clean up your opponents board.

I've never played Magic.  This is the only card game I've ever tried.  

I'm not buying anything right now.  No idea how to unlock the Naxxramas and League of Explorers adventures, but I'll look into it.  

You can buy one of the "wings" for the adventure for 700 gold in the store. There are 5 wings in total.

You have to buy them in order I beleive

Or you can pay cash ($25) for all 5 wings

Adventures

Adventures, or Solo Adventures, are a single-player game mode in which the player participates in matches played against computer-controlled opponents. Adventures can be selected in the Adventure screen, accessed through the Solo Adventures button from the main menu. Adventures offer a unique way to play Hearthstone. Unlike other types of play, each adventure has a specific theme and identity, featuring heroes, cards, art and music in keeping with that setting.

Players must unlock wings of the adventure to discover new bosses and tackle Class Challenges using specially-prepared decks. Adventures can be played in Normal or Heroic mode. The first adventure, Curse of Naxxramas, was released July 22, 2014, the second, Blackrock Mountain, on April 2, 2015, and the third League of Explorers, on November 12, 2015. Cards introduced to the game through adventures are referred to as adventure cards, and are obtainable only through the corresponding adventure. Almost all adventure cards are obtained through defeating specific bosses and Class Challenges.

-----

You can unlock these adventures either with real money or save up your coins to buy the wings. Certain adventures are better than others because of the cards you receive for completing them; some are used in almost every competitive deck in the ladder.

Curse of Naxxramas

Important cards

• Haunted Creeper
  • Mad Scientist
  • Zombie Chow
  • Nerubian Egg
  • Sludge Belcher
  • Loatheb
  • Shade of Naxxramas

Blackrock Mountain

Important cards

• Grim Patron
  • Lots of different dragon cards, which make some popular dragon decks.

The League of Explorers

Important cards

• Keeper of Uldaman
  • Entomb
  • Tunnel Trogg
  • Dark Peddler
  • Reno Jackson
  • Elise Starseeker
  • Sir Finley Mrrgglton
  • Jeweled Scarab

-----

By far Naxxramas is the most important adventure card set to have. Most of them are still used today. The other two adventures fill niche decks but are super needed.

Thanks for the info Rob. I plan on getting the first adventure probably this weekend.

Do you have favorite hero's to play?

Priest so far is my best but am really enjoying Druid and Shaman

Do you have favorite hero's to play?

Druid, Warrior & Warlock are my favorites and I would say Druid overall. I'm a control freak and in MTG enjoyed UB control style decks. Druid's mid-range, control warrior and "hand lock" are some of the most consistent control type decks in the game.

When blackrock mountain hit dragon priest became very strong and it was a fun deck to play also. Priest in general is a great control class but to me it's draining, almost every game you play goes to fatigue.

Aggro decks are extremely popular in ranked also like shaman, "zoo lock" and face Hunter. These decks are 100% about going face turn after turn and not letting up.