Star Wars:Force Awakens w/ spoilers

TigerBurge

Ok so who's seen it? What are your thoughts?

Personally I thought it was great. Back to its roots. Ivery avoided as many spoilers and was pleased with the direction of it. Loved the references to the Holy Trilogy. How they brought some old characters into it but didn't make it about them so much.

Can not believe they killed off Solo. Really good twist. I keep thinking the girl is Lukes daughter.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FINALLY!

I thought it was amazing, everything I had hoped for...

However the only thing I kinda have a problem with is the whole story of Ren being leia and solos child is a bit too similar to the origional trilogy... And anothe Death Star with a core that can be as easily destroyed as the previous 2, cmon!

The first order certainly knew about the history of the Imperial Empire and the Sith, so surely they knew they should build something a little more less easily destroyed by Xwings...

Same with Rey being Luke's kid, it certainly looks that way, but I really hope she not for the sake of the story...

Jedi came from other places too, look at Anakin skywalker, a nobody kid from nowhere who ended up becoming Vader... I just don't think it's right that everyone is a skywalker and skywalker relation...

I almost cried on the opening credits... (I didn't btw)

Visually it was amazing! The lightsaber battle with Ren and Rey was something special...

Disappointed that captain phasma wasn't given more screen time, she was made out the be a big character with a big part to play in the film prior to release...

blackops2sig.jpg

I loved this movie. Extremely tempted to go and see it again.

The callbacks to the original trilogies were awesome because a lot of them actually served a purpose to the plot. Han Solo was an important character and not just put in to be "hey it's Han Solo!"

I feel like this movie succeeded in connecting the old from the new. We had a passing of the torch from Han and Leia to Finn and Ray. Also Finn and Ray were portrayed brilliantly by the actors.

I enjoyed Kylo Ren as well. I heard a lot of people complaining about how much time he had his mask off but I liked the idea he is so desperate to live up to Darth Vader that he used a mask. And also now that he has that scar across his face he has a reason to hide it.

I could go on and on and on. Some characters and plot points weren't as fleshed out as they could have been but considering how much they had to fit in I think they did an awesome job.

One last thing, I loved how they infused the humour in the movie. It felt organic and that BB-8 thumbs up was amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kia Ora. 

I'm amazed at how much of that I already knew... Just from playing the Topps Star Wars Card Trader app... There's a lot of this info available on the back of the cards...

blackops2sig.jpg

I just saw it, part of it had my so hyped up I couldn't handle it. This movie was well done and I enjoy to see the others.

I do believe this was better that VI and that shocked me.

I absolutely love seeing a young sith. You can see how he isn't polished like the others and his temper tantrums made me love the character. Driver did a great job, daddy issues and he just wants to live up to Vader the chance of failure crushes him with fear.

I'm a little bit disappointed with how Rey all of a sudden knew how to handle the force, but then again it has to come naturally- being Luke's daughter. (Is that confirmed? That's how I interpreted it.)

Maybe people should stop building planet destroyers... at least they covered up the "exhaust port" this time.

Poe is going to be the new age Han/ Lando rolled into one and I would have loved to see more of his character.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

I saw it and I enjoyed it. 

I found that it had a lot in common with the original trilogy. They certainly did not want to mess with the original formula. They wanted to completely forget about he prequels. 

It will be interesting to see who is Ray's family in future movies

In the Starwars Universe Ben is Luke's and Myra Jade's  son. Not Solo's .

So I would not be surprised if she were Luke's Daughter but Solo's/Leia would make more sense. Jaina Solo is the female that grows up to Kick serious ass in previous Starwars Universe stories.

Since Ray seems to be Solo/Luke into one person she makes for an Interesting character

Still havne't seen it, but glad you guys liked it.

My son has zero interest in Star Wars, it is really weird

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Saw this yesterday in IMAX 3D, I left the theater wanting to see more. I really to know who Rey is related to.

Ren was a little bitch. Can't wait to see him grow more or a better sith comes along.

I agree with Jonny about the death star being easily destroyed. And I agree with how he mentioned it was similar to the original trilogy.

While this movie was good, the next one will be better. This was just the movie setting everything up. I hope they do good with the story in the upcoming films.

I saw a theory that Ren is part of the rebellion,or whatever it's called,there to find out and kill who he's reporting to. Can't remember names. It was a interesting theory