PES 2016 - PS4

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't get around to picking up the PS4 version - I'm sticking with my P©S3 version at present :lol: I'll try and grab it for twenty notes over Christmas I think. 

I take it that it's a huge improvement with the new engine?

Animation/graphics are improved, otherwise still the same game. But I've only downloaded the free version so far, which allows exhibition games and MyClub. 

I'll be looking out for the full version on the cheap too ;)

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Gameplay wise, for me, it is back at No. 1 above FIFA for the first time in a long time.

It always is a second choice pick for football fans just because Konami are stingy bastards when it comes to licences. It rewards patient play in my book and it isn't too samey how you score either.

My cousin plays MyClub and enjoys it more than ultimate team. The black balls are a nice twist.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Gameplay wise, for me, it is back at No. 1 above FIFA for the first time in a long time.

It always is a second choice pick for football fans just because Konami are stingy bastards when it comes to licences. It rewards patient play in my book and it isn't too samey how you score either.

My cousin plays MyClub and enjoys it more than ultimate team. The black balls are a nice twist.

Agree! FIFA has dominated PES for the last 7 or so years and has turned into a powerhouse whilst PES went the other way but finally Konami have turned it around as FIFA seems to be going stale and not making the strides it once was. Seems EA are just content with minor additions and few improvements each year which allows them to sell copies and milk the UT aspect still. Konami have certainly had to work hard but with the new Fox engine; they are moving in the right direction and have a good future foundation as long as the publishers don't pull the plug of videogames and focus on mobile. Hopefully this will give FIFA a welcome kick up the arse so EA will have no choice but to actually put some effort in - apart from the Ignite texture and animation engine; they're still using the same base engine from 2003 and this is where they can come unstuck whilst PES has a brand new bit of kit with Fox. It's just a travesty that the licence and general presentation is so lacking as the gameplay is close to the quality it used to be back in the day.

Both games are way off the likes of MLB and NBA 2K in terms of authenticity and with all the money FIFA has made; that's where the standard should be right now which it is nowhere near. PES has become king again for sure!