Any London Locals Watch American Football?

Uncle Dangle

Any of you locals get into American football?  I was just curious because my team (the Vikings) are headed over that way to play the Steelers this week.  The NFL has been playing one regular season game in London each year and I was just wondering what impact it had on the locals.  It seems to me you folks are all pretty nuts about football (soccer to us!) and I was just curious if the only reaction is "are the Vikings a new football club?" 

These two teams suck ass and aren't really going to do anything to raise the profile of the sport over there, just curious more than anything. 

I am an American Football fan from the uk so can hopefully answer your question!

I was a fan of the sport well before the international series started and can definitely say that awareness and interest in the sport has increased in recent years. Some of this is thanks to the good tv coverage we get and some is down to the international series games played here. People travel a long way (for us) and pay a lot of money to see these games. The majority of the games we have already had over here certainly haven't been classics but this doesn't seem to have diminished the interest.

There is a lot of discussion about having a full franchise over here but I don't think that this will work very well. People that are already in to the sport have already chosen "their" team and I can't see them changing to support another. I certainly wouldn't stop supporting the packers to start following the London Jaguars.

Ah, good to see you made it. :)

---

My guess is that our sentiment towards soccer is the same for them towards football.

Soccer. SOCCER.SOCCER.

What can I say? You won me over you cheeky bastard.

I am an American Football fan from the uk so can hopefully answer your question!

I was a fan of the sport well before the international series started and can definitely say that awareness and interest in the sport has increased in recent years. Some of this is thanks to the good tv coverage we get and some is down to the international series games played here. People travel a long way (for us) and pay a lot of money to see these games. The majority of the games we have already had over here certainly haven't been classics but this doesn't seem to have diminished the interest.

There is a lot of discussion about having a full franchise over here but I don't think that this will work very well. People that are already in to the sport have already chosen "their" team and I can't see them changing to support another. I certainly wouldn't stop supporting the packers to start following the London Jaguars.

Pretty cool. A part of me wondered if it was largely ignored over there.

You do realize that as a Packers fan you and I are mortal enemies now? I would have more to say about that if the Vikings weren't the worst team in the league.