BF4 Beta feedback

uberwarrior

Okay.

The servers were much more active and I proceeded to join a game of Conquest (isnt it weird there isnt a party-up option in the beta? :unsure: ).

Party up option? I only used "quick match" and they're all full. Haven't messed with servers since I'm only playing by myself really and it's the same damn map. haha

tumblr_m2ienvKRMM1qfbvj1.gif

Party up option? I only used "quick match" and they're all full. Haven't messed with servers since I'm only playing by myself really and it's the same damn map. haha

Yeah, like squadding with friends.

AON, you have to join a game and quickly invte your party to your squad.

lol true.

Just wait until the full game, you'll be looking at Siege of Shangai and thinking AUGH THIS MAP.

I call it Operation Metro Syndrome. xD

DM9ON.png

Yeah, like squadding with friends.

AON, you have to join a game and quickly invte your party to your squad.

lol true.

Just wait until the full game, you'll be looking at Siege of Shangai and thinking AUGH THIS MAP.

I call it Operation Metro Syndrome. xD

Idk about the 360 version... but on PS3 you just pause it and can invite can't ya? I've joined friends games doing that. :S

You mentioned the controls earlier.  How are they different?  You said they're more CoD like?

Yeah, Right Click is to knife, B is to crouch/prone...

Very CoD-like.

The ground vehicles control like Halo though.

DM9ON.png

Yeah, but it would be simpler to just party up in the main menu.

So you're saying that there is no way to invite people on the main menu but you (general) can join them? O.o

It's certainly better for me.

I wonder how the hardcore BF fans feel about it though...

Wouldn't say i'm hardcore or anything, but I think it's a little bit annoying. <_< Easy adjustment for me though, so I haven't complained.

Depends on how you set your controller up Mike. If you opt for Veteran it's very similar to the standard setup for the BF3 with the PS3, I can only assume it's the same for the 360.

Vehicle controls are the most noticeable difference for me, it's not a deal breaker and I'm still finding my way around them as I level attachments etc....

Does anyone know how the hell you deploy a Battlepack on the PS3? :unsure:

I played a couple more matches last night and TBH, the beta is making me think about cancelling my pre-order and getting Ghosts instead. The time to kill is basically CoD now, so if I'm gonna play CoD I'd rather do it on CoD maps where you can get right back into the action than on BF maps where it takes a while. The main thing I liked about Battlefield was the slower pace, the fact that you actually had time to react when someone started shooting at you and either have time to get into cover or shoot back. That seems to be gone now, so what's the point?

I played a couple more matches last night and TBH, the beta is making me think about cancelling my pre-order and getting Ghosts instead. The time to kill is basically CoD now, so if I'm gonna play CoD I'd rather do it on CoD maps where you can get right back into the action than on BF maps where it takes a while. The main thing I liked about Battlefield was the slower pace, the fact that you actually had time to react when someone started shooting at you and either have time to get into cover or shoot back. That seems to be gone now, so what's the point?

I usually only play Hardcore on BF3, so don't really like this aspect in core mode.

In HC I can get rounds off on people because I've been better positioned or got the jump on them and them actually dying. I hate being in the scenario of doing just that only for them to sponge bullets and then return fire killing me.

If I've been stupid or my aim is off I expect to get killed, I don't have an issue with, I don't expect to be superhuman and hide after getting shot to get insta healed without a med pack or help from a medic.

WHEN I get BF4, I will be avoiding core mode once again. HC gives you the ability to use a greater variety of weapons and get the kills your skill deserves. That's purely my opinion, so I'm not dismissing what you're saying, I just know what I prefer.

Come to think of it, this is pretty much the way I've gone with CoD also.

Core mode just does my head in.

See, to me longer time to kill = more skill required. I think most of us would agree that, barring lag, CoD is all about reflexes; 90% of the time whoever fires the first bullet wins. I have no problem with that. However, CoD is the king of that type of gameplay. BF3 tried to duplicate it in Close Quarters, but it still doesn't match CoD for fast paced action. I don't want to play a CoD clone on a bigger map with a few vehicles thrown in.

Did you play the DOM mode in BF3. Seems to me it pretty similar in BF4 where position and gun type determines the encounter. Lag and connection has been a big issue for me. I'm just hoping it's a beta issue and will be corrected later. I've been trying on the PC a lot also where I lack the skill that some of these experts have but I don't find that I lose a gun fight that I initiated properly. 

My biggest issue right now is that all the guns pretty much have the same damage specs so that unbalances some things. Range seems to be the difference. The scar is the exception with a damage of 40 instead of 30. Even pistol damages with 30.

As far as getting back into the game, yes it takes a little longer, however you can chose where you spawn (to some degree) so I think that balances out. 

For me it will be BF if anything. Mostly due to dedicated servers. I'm tired of being screwed over because of connections so CoD won't be getting any of my money. I don't think I've played BO2 in 5 months and never even purchased one of the map packs. My son didn't play the last two at all (although Ghost seems to interest him a bit). 

I fall in line with Nolan's way of thinking, I like bullet sponging as it mitigates the twitch/aim aspect and puts the focus more on other aspects of the game. I'm sure DICE is in a tough spot trying to strike a balance between making a "Battlefield" game and EA screaming at them to take market share from CoD.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

I fall in line with Nolan's way of thinking, I like bullet sponging as it mitigates the twitch/aim aspect and puts the focus more on other aspects of the game. I'm sure DICE is in a tough spot trying to strike a balance between making a "Battlefield" game and EA screaming at them to take market share from CoD.

I just don't seem to get on with Core in BF3, whether that's the game or my shortcomings is open to debate.

I just prefer HC, no mini map and limited health makes you have to learn and adapt to increase your situational and tactical awareness imo.

That's where I think the skill aspect is greater than in Core. If I've visually seen or heard someone and got myself into position to get the jump on them without being spotted and having a great big dorito hanging over my head, then surely I have been more aware and used my skill to get the kill, rather than sponging bullets??

^ Valid point. I think I meant that longer time to kill means that more gun skill is required. I'd agree that HC takes more of what we might call "tactical skill" and less gun skill, while core would be the other way around.

Depends on how you set your controller up Mike. If you opt for Veteran it's very similar to the standard setup for the BF3 with the PS3, I can only assume it's the same for the 360.  :unsure:

I set my controller up to Veteran, it's the equivalent to tactical on CoD. Not similar at all to BF3 IMO.

I set my controller up to Veteran, it's the equivalent to tactical on CoD. Not similar at all to BF3 IMO.

Not exactly, but it's nearest you get with what's available. :) I tried some of the others and found them too different to get on with.

Well, played a few games on the beta (sorry for kicking the invites back Ryan but I prefer looking a twat in private on a new game :) )

Preferred it without vehicles after proving I can't drive an APV for toffee

Thought, yeah not a bad game I suppose.........

Then Mike's post about dedi servers for Ghosts..........oooohhhh!!??

How does that make people feel? Obviously the proof of the pudding is in the eating but it certainly makes the menu more interesting!! :)

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Downloaded the Beta, with some trepidation after completely sucking at the BF3 Beta (went 1 and 12, and the 1 was tree). Quite enjoyed what I've seen so far although I don't really have clue what is going on half the time. I can see that it's a good game though, and actually played ok. Although everyone seems a very long way away.

Seems strange to me though that the release date is so close to Ghosts. I guess it's for the Xmas market, but if this series was staggered compared to CoD I'd probably be up for it. Play CoD for 6 months, then this. But as they launch at the same time it's difficult to do, as your lack of map knowledge is just such a disadvantage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Looking forwards to trying this out.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/battlefield-4-beta-adds-obliteration-mode/1100-6415480/

Edit: Thought I'd add a few comments.

Got my first medal while playing the Beta last night. 50 ribbons for capturing 2 flags in a round of Conquest. The fact that you only need to capture 2 flags to get each ribbon seems too easy imo.

Anyway, levelled up Engineer class enough to get access to a Carbine, AK-5C, pretty good weapon to use and gives you more chance of killing at medium range than the PDW's you start out with for this class.

The ScarH continues to impress especially now I have some attachments for it, namely the reflex sight. There was a bit of a bug with the irons for me, in that they would show up but were solid and you couldn't see through them when aiming down the sight.