New Star Trek TV series

Sennex

http://www.thterrortime.com/new-star-trek-tv-series-takes-flight/

Look like Star Trek is coming back.

Deadline.com is reporting that ever since Alex Kurtzman and Bob Orci, key players on the Star Trek feature franchise, moved to CBS TV Studios, there had been talk about them resurrecting the studio’s marquee title. Now the long-gestating new Star Trek TV series is becoming a reality. It will be shepherded by Kurtzman, who will serve as executive producer. CBS Television Studios is the studio.

Kurtzman and Orci had gone their separate ways on the feature side. On the TV side, their company, CBS TV Studios-based Kurtzman/Orci Paper Products is still intact though Kurtzman is expected to work solo on the Star Trek series as one of the projects under a separate deal with the studio.

CBS Corp. had been high on rebooting Star Trek, which had been a goal for the company. Detailed announcement on the new series is expected later this morning.

Not really sure what to think about this.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here on the not sure. I was a staunch Trek hater for many years then I watched the original series & movies and fell in love with it and the idea of the show. I tried to get into the later stuff, I don't know why but it just doesn't click with me. If the new series follows The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager type nonsense I'm out.

jpw_tyrannosaurus-rex_zpscpttjstm.jpg

I enjoyed Deep Space Nine when it was called Babylon 5

Voyager had a good few episodes which dealt with a race that was worse than the Borg, and now that I think about it, that section only lasted like 2-3 episodes.... 

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I pretty much liked them all up until the last attempt with Scott Bakula. That was really poor. Really wanted to like it but the plot seemed kund of influenced by the events of Sept 11.

Scott was great in Quantam Leap though.

The original 60s series with Shatner and Nimoy etc is still the best for me.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Gonna have to see it first before I pass judgement on it that's for sure. I was a big fan of the orginal 60's Trek, and I really liked the Next Generation (I'm a huge fan of Patrick Stewart). Never cared for any of the rest of the ones they did, or the most recent movies either.