Mr Owl's other half

BB205

Well I'm certainly not much of a gamer but I'm married to one. So here I am. My extent of gaming was in the 80's when my parents bought us an Atari 800.  I must say I was an expert at Pac Man. My brother was an aspiring programer so he wrote lots of games for us to play. If we couldn't afford a new game he would write the code for his own version.  But once controllers got more than a couple buttons I was out.   :wacko:

I dated a computer nerd in college. Back in the late 90's there was no such thing has internet and networks in the dorms. Had to go to the computer lab to surf the web.  So all of my nerd friends strung hundreds of feet of ethernet cable through our dorm's ceilings just so we could play Doom, Warcraft and Command and Conquer together.  Loved Warcraft (jobs done...) and C&C. Doom I found myself stuck in a corner more often than anything else.   :blink:

Mr. Owl has tried repeatedly to get me into gaming but the one time I caved and tried a shooter it was just comical.  He finally got me playing Clash of Clans by taking my phone and starting a base. I like building my base but still suck at attacking. Working my way up to joining in a war.

Well that is just a little intro on me.  I've heard a lot about many of you from Mr. Owl and know how much he values your friendship.    

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howdy Mrs Owl

My wife used to be a massive gamer, now she mainly plays solitaire. However she loves to watch me game, and will sort out every secret and hidden item in a game and guide me to them.

welcome aboard!

also, tell Jsin, that for whatever reason Bob Ross is no longer in the public domain, so the library of congress wont allow it to be streamed anymore.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

also, tell Jsin, that for whatever reason Bob Ross is no longer in the public domain, so the library of congress wont allow it to be streamed anymore.

He'll be sad to hear that. He loves Bob Ross and was very excited when you told him that.

He'll be sad to hear that. He loves Bob Ross and was very excited when you told him that.

Yea, I know, I actually feel bad about it. When I went to get him the link, I double checked it and it was wiped out, except for Season 2, episode 1

I was so aggravated, my son and I watch Bob when he is sick

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Yea, I know, I actually feel bad about it. When I went to get him the link, I double checked it and it was wiped out, except for Season 2, episode 1

I was so aggravated, my son and I watch Bob when he is sick

There was a YouTube channel that was up for a bit that I binge watched him on, but it was shut down as well. Sad. I looked into buying his collection... Too much money, unfortunately.

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

Hi and welcome Mrs Owl!

Don't worry about being stuck in a corner, that's how I started and some may say I haven't progressed much! Try Destiny when he isn't looking and take comfort from Ireland's funniest man....

Nice little intro Mrs Owl! Will look forward to a few clan wars and sucking at them together! [emoji4]

Lee, I know what you're trying to say but it just sounds......wrong! :)

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Maybe a third-person type of game would be better for you?  Mass Effect perhaps?  It takes a while for the FPS perspective to click, but a 3rd person game seems like it would be much easier to control.  Mass Effect rocks.  You probably already know all about it from Jason.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

A lady, on the forums, with OUR reputation, oh dear oh dear oh dear... :P

My partner Mina likes Call of Duty, Minecraft, Civilisation and Rocket League, she just thinks its all a waste of time, eventhough she has a blast everytime.

Welcome aboard Mrs Owl, Mr Owl has always been a very nice guy with me :)

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Hello! :)

I got my girl hooked on hidden object games. You might like them also: http://store.steampowered.com/tag/en/Hidden%20Object/

Thanks, I bet Mr Owl would like to play those kinds of games with me. Well he'd be happy to play just about any video game with me if I showed interest I would think.

A lady, on the forums, with OUR reputation, oh dear oh dear oh dear... :P

I don't think I'm the only female here...  Don't you worry, no need to change on my account  ;)

My partner Mina likes Call of Duty, Minecraft, Civilisation and Rocket League, she just thinks its all a waste of time, eventhough she has a blast everytime.

I don't really see it as a waste of time especially when you are all playing a game together than it is even social.  Ok, well maybe I see it as a waste of time when Mr Owl has been playing for hours and it is a beautiful day outside. Got to find a way to move the tv outside.

My problem is I never feel like I have the time to sit down and play video games.  I don't even watch much tv.

I don't think I'm the only female here...  Don't you worry, no need to change on my account  ;)

I don't really see it as a waste of time especially when you are all playing a game together than it is even social.  Ok, well maybe I see it as a waste of time when Mr Owl has been playing for hours and it is a beautiful day outside. Got to find a way to move the tv outside.

My problem is I never feel like I have the time to sit down and play video games.  I don't even watch much tv.

Ha, living in London I have an english accent, when you say the first line in an englsh accent it sounds positively evil. I don't have a moustache to twirl however...I'm not a hipster.

Game-wise, finding the right balance is pretty elusive, but that's life in general :)

jeffersonclasswar.jpg