Last movie you watched

Drifter

Took the boy to watch Transformers: The Last Knight on Sunday.

Now I am a little child when it comes to Transformers. The last one (Age of Extinction) was the worst though and it's hard for me to say that. This one however was a refreshing change after the 4th film.

It's actually got pretty decent acting, lots of Transformer scenes, which is clearly needed and most of all, the storyline had something similar to National Treasure. It was well worth the 2 & 1/2 hours we spent watching it. Restored my faith that actually Transformers still has a place on the big screen.

3 hours ago, Rumelylady said:

You and Chad should chat about Transformers...

That would be ace. To be honest listening to Chad explaining some transformers, I'd probably be like Kung Fu Panda when he is in awe of the other Warriors :D

Finally watched Magnificent Seven last night with Denzel Washington and Chris Pratt. Quite enjoyable, not much story to it if I'm honest so an easy watch with some decent action.

2 hours ago, Dr Diamond said:

Hateful 8 is fucking hilarious if anyone gets the chance to see it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Brilliant film, glad he still went through with it after almost pulling out.

Hacksaw Ridge.

War flick based on the battle of Okinawa and one very unlikely hero. Mel Gibson's directorial debut with Spiderman as the main role. This film is a 10 for me. Absolutely superb and no film before it has conveyed the shit that the boys went through like this one, not for me anyway. Spiderman was absolutely fantastic, and if his heroic deeds were even only 10% of what Hollywood portrayed then he deserved every single medal thrown at him, especially as his fight wasn't only on the battlefield but began way before it.

@Drifter you'll love this one, trust me.

banlol.png

Took the family to watch Cars 3 last week. I was always a fan of the films where critics say these are the worst of the Pixar films.

The film has some emotional and brilljant parts in 3-5 minute bursts. Unfortunately, around that doesn't feel enough connection with the story.

Don't want to give too much away but it's said that the film, not directed by John Lassiter is similar to him IRL bringing on the new guy to lead films.

6 minutes ago, Drifter said:

That looks good Dave, is it a remake? I seem to remember a movie called Hacksaw ridge before for some reason.

Not that I'm aware of. If so then I need to track it down too.

banlol.png

Rented Resident Evil the final chapter yesterday. It was okay, not quite as good as some of the earlier ones IMO. Cant; complain too much though anytime Millia Jovovich is in tight black leather :wub:

One thing that bugged the hell out of me in this movie was the extremely high use of cut camera angles during action & fight scenes. I know a lot of movies these days do it, they think it somehow adds to the action sequence of the movies but personally I find it nothing but confusing. There were literally some scenes where they changed camera angles 18-20 times during a short 10 second fight. That just becomes almost disorienting at a certain point. and I hate that.

I have all the Resident Evil films, bar this one. I also enjoy the CGI ones they've made in recent years too as they link to the original story very well. You should the latest one with Liam and Claire in it.

Glad you enjoyed it, I'll have a look to pick this up soon.

Via the FG App

Watched Jason Bourne last night. Skipped Bourne Legacy because I was desperate to watch it and found out they aren't really connected in order anyway.

Always great action in these films, it probably isn't as good as the first ones, but it's a better than good watch because it's a film always on the move.

Via the FG App

Spider-Man: Homecoming. Loved it, Bethany was bored but she is not a fan of any Marvel/ DC stuff. I usually go to those solo like a loser. The only thing I can't get over is Tom Holland's mouth. I saw a comment on Reddit that I 100% agreed with which is it looks like he has a mouth full of frogs and the frogs are trying to hop out, but he's trying so hard to keep them in. 

Now give me Carnage and a Deadpool/ Spiderman scene. 

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

Just watched John Wick :Chapter 2. Only bad thing I have to say about it is that they wreck a beautiful 70 Chevelle & 67 Mustang in the first 5 mins of the film. With that said, it is a flat out AWESOME movie. Not too often do I like a squeal better than the original but I did this one. First one was good but this one is even better. They left the ending so they can continue on with the franchise and I certainly hope they continue with at least a couple more. If you haven't seen it yet check it out. 100% pure guy movie you will love!

I watched "It Follows" on Netflix the other night, mostly because I like to make Mina watch horror films (she hates them) and watch her reactions.

I'd heard it had a really high score on rotten tomatoes so thought it'd be worth a punt.

Yeah it does a pretty good job with the creepiness but the ending was a poor effort and I was hoping for something a bit more imaginative.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

The Great Wall with Matt Damon.

It was good, not brilliant. The action scenes were impressive. It just had that Asian theme about the film that meant when things happened it was done in the most complete and clean way. Its fine to watch but then just doesn't feel that real in certain instances.

I can't be arsed wasting more energy than is needed for these two, so here's a summary of both Chips and Fist Fight:

1/10. Fucking boring, tired old jokes, crap dialogue and just shit films in general. What a fucking shambles, both of them. 

banlol.png