Last movie you watched

Drifter

Just got done watching Cowboys and Aliens. They had it in the $5 dvd bin at Walmart today so I figured what the hell why not. When it first came out I thought the whole premise was a bit goffy, but gotta admit it was actually much better than I expected. And holy hell that Olivia Wilde chick is friggin beautiful :wub:

2013-Getaway

It was watchable all but for the gear change and pedal shots. During the circus Brent starts off in second gear, starts in fifth gear :lol:, reverses in fourth, depresses the clutch every time he hits the breaks, all while almost only ever throwing it into second every time they cut to him operating the car at high speeds. So much so I was yelling "shift into second bro!" at the TV and having a good laugh with my girl. Not sure who edited it and allowed it to be released in the state it's in. They need 5/6 speed tutelage.

jpw_tyrannosaurus-rex_zpscpttjstm.jpg

A Single Shot

David M. Rosenthal's backwoods thriller starts with a bang: a single shot, aimed at a lone deer, that hits and kills a young woman. The hunter, John Moon (Sam Rockwell, SEVEN PSYCHOPATHS), watches her die before discovering a box of money near her body. In a desperate panic, he takes the cash - hiring a low-rent lawyer (William H. Macy, FARGO) to fight his wife's (Kelly Reilly, FLIGHT) divorce suit - and attempts to cover up the killing. But when he discovers that the money belonged to a group of hardened criminals, the hunter becomes the hunted in this tense cat-and-mouse struggle in the backwoods of West Virginia.

good one

Keep calm and question nothing.

Anyone else see " A Place Beyond The Pines"? I saw it late last night on one of the cable movie channels. It almost seemed like it was going to be a good movie, until they started "intertwining" people/plot. I didn't care for how they did it. Almost seemed like  three Mini-movies rather than one movie to me.

Rewatched The Deer Hunter with Robert De Niro and Christopher Walken for the 80th time.

Ho-lee-sh*t. Great movie filled with great scenes (MAU! DI DI MAU!) and great performances (dat Walken though, giving me the chills as always). 

Did you know that Christopher Walken ate nothing but bananas and rice for the filming of that movie to perfectly capture the "POW" look?

Man, oh man. 

Anyone else see " A Place Beyond The Pines"? I saw it late last night on one of the cable movie channels. It almost seemed like it was going to be a good movie, until they started "intertwining" people/plot. I didn't care for how they did it. Almost seemed like  three Mini-movies rather than one movie to me.

Yeah, I've seen it.

Kind of like Babel, right? Didn't particularly care for it.

Too convoluted.

Watched the remake of Carrie, was ok.

I don't believe you. x)

DM9ON.png

2013 - Gravity

Great movie visually! The story is similar to Sons of Anarchy being that everything which can and will go wrong does almost every time but the movie is very well done and outerspacey so I was hooked in the first 120 seconds!!!

Yeah, better than I expected.

Can you imagine hurtling through space like that? :s

DM9ON.png