Last movie you watched

Drifter

I watched "Money Monster" last night (Julia Roberts & George Clooney). It was actually pretty decent. I didn't really expect much from it from the previews but it was pretty good. Not a real deep storyline by any means but better than a lot of the trash that Hollywood puts out these days.

Watched Civil War finally the other day. Why is it with Marvel films that you just want to watch more of them when it finishes. Haven't watched Ant Man and it made me want to watch that because of Paul Rudd.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Went and saw Rouge One finally today. Was pretty good. Having grown up during the original Star Wars era I am always critical of the "new" Star Wars movies, but this one was pretty enjoyable. I'm not a huge fan of too much CGI but they did a really good job of the CGI in this one to the point of almost not even being able to tell one of the Characters was not even real. Only knock I have against these latest two Star Wars films is that they have killed off more main characters in the past two films then they ever did in the rest of them combined

Just went to watch Trolls with the kids at the cinema. It was pretty decent for a kids film. Singing was pretty good too, if you like that kind of thing.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Rented the new Independence Day movie that came out last summer. Been wanting to see it because I was always a big fan of the first one so popped it into the dvd player tonight and was looking forward to a good flick.....too bad that did not happen. Good God that movie SUCKED. It was not just bad, it sucked on so many levels. Acting was terrible,  even Jeff Goldblum whom is always a good actor sucked in this one. WAYYYYY too much CGI and green screen. Even shit that didn't need to be green screen, was green screen. Writing and story was just as bad as the rest of the movie. Did I mention it sucked?

sucked.

On 04/02/2017 at 8:33 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

Watched Civil War finally the other day. Why is it with Marvel films that you just want to watch more of them when it finishes. Haven't watched Ant Man and it made me want to watch that because of Paul Rudd.

Ant man is really good. I was really sceptical but Charlie wanted to see it and I really enjoyed it

Just finished watching The Magnificent Seven. Excellent movie! I always enjoy a good western and I would certainly say this remake is probably the best western I have seen since Open Range came out. Denzel and Chris Pratt were both really good in this one. Highly recommend it if you have not seen it yet.

Terminator Genisys, horrible. I feel asleep on it. Only watched it because it was free on Amazon Prime

Central Intelligence, I had low expectation but I actually enjoyed it. It's Conier than Ethanol but for some reason I kind of liked it

2 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

Terminator Genisys, horrible. I feel asleep on it. Only watched it because it was free on Amazon Prime

Central Intelligence, I had low expectation but I actually enjoyed it. It's Conier than Ethanol but for some reason I kind of liked it

I've been starting to catch up on some of the movies I have been wanting to see that I missed out on the past year or two and Terminator Genisys  was one of them. Maybe I won't bother though. So not even close to being as good as the first or second? (third I found only okay).

1 hour ago, Drifter said:

I've been starting to catch up on some of the movies I have been wanting to see that I missed out on the past year or two and Terminator Genisys  was one of them. Maybe I won't bother though. So not even close to being as good as the first or second? (third I found only okay).

Not for me. I liked the 2nd the best, the first was great. 

This is probably as bad a movie gets. It got a 25% on rotten tomatoes and 38% on Metacritic which I find pretty accurate for my personal tastes.  

The movie was free for me, otherwise I would not have bothered. It's one redeming quality his that it probably gave me one of the best nights sleep I had in a long time. I can't remember another movie I feel asleep on in a long time. Not even my wife's chick flick stuff. 

Know what, this shows just how bad it really was. I saw it and forgot I even watched it LOL. I forgot I actually rented it back before Christmas.

This was my take on it I posted back in the fall here after watching it lol

"

Well just watched Terminator Genisys.. One word describes it.... Terrible! Absolutely positively TERRIBLE. They tried to make it so intricate with all the time traveling and alternate time dimensions but  the only thing they accomplished is to keep you confused as fuck and get to the point where you don't give a damn about the characters what so ever. I literally was asking myself after 1 hour how much longer this crap could go on??

My suggestion for the Terminator franchise? Get in the time travel device and go back to the day after T2 was released and kill the franchise there. Because T2 was the least decent Terminator movie. I honestly don't think I would sit through this latest one again for anything less than $50 lol. "

Watched "Sully" today. It was not only a great performance by Tom Hanks to portray Sully but it was a bit eye opening as to what Capt Sullenberger had to actually go through with the NTSB after the water landing. Great movie I really enjoyed it.

Went and saw the new Kong Skull Island this morning. I am a big fan of the King Kong movies and even enjoyed the previous one with Adrian Brody and Naomi Watts back in 2005 so it pains me to say this, but this new one kind'a sucks. I won't go into any spoilers but I will say that showing Kong in the first 2 minutes of a King Kong film is never a good idea. It takes away all the build up and anticipation. The dialogue was a bit lame/cheesy in spots, and some attempts at humor were just unfunny at best. Not a terrible movie, but wouldn't even bother watching it again if it were on TV either.  

Watched "Bleed for This" today. It's a true story of Vinny Pazienza whom was a boxer in the 80's that was in a car wreck and broke his neck but came back against the odds to win the title again. Really good movie with a lot of heart. Well worth the watch if you get a chance.

3 hours ago, McNasty said:

The last 2 Hunger Games movies.  I really liked the first 2 movies and somehow never got around to watching the last 2.

They were terrible.  I had a hard time finishing them.  And what a shitty ending too.  So predictable.  

it should have been one bad movie, but they went for the money grab and made two bad movies.  

i honestly have no recollection as to why i streamed them; there was zero J-Law boobies in this series.  it was probably because it was free and i was stoned.

2 hours ago, lepercolony said:

it should have been one bad movie, but they went for the money grab and made two bad movies.  

i honestly have no recollection as to why i streamed them; there was zero J-Law boobies in this series.  it was probably because it was free and i was stoned.

It was free on amazon prime. Yawn.

As for predictable, well ya. It ends just like it does in the book. 

Who said Disney can't make films. Just watched Moana with the kids and it's right up there with the best of them. Fantastic story and very well made. Don't normally like ones with songs either but they complimented the film and specific scenes extremely well.

Via the FG App

After Moana got delivered and watched this morning, took the boy to the cinema to watch Power Rangers today.

Really love these type of films and whilst I think it was a different to what was expected; the rangers backgrounds are a little badder than expected of rangers and it takes a while to see them but it was worth it to see the spinetingly moment when they come together. Good casual watch.

Via the FG App