Last movie you watched

Drifter

3 hours ago, TigerBurge said:

Really! I’ve heard nothing good about it. Actually made several “worst movies” of 2018 list. 

Also Go Tigers!!!😏

I had to check out IMDB and metacritic after you said that as I couldn't believe it.

7.5 on IMDB which is a solid score and 64 on metacritic.

When I read through many of the negatives ones though it comes across as this was based off a book and it didn't reflect that as much as they wanted it to. I'm sorry, but I just don't care about that. I based it off watching it alone and it was well worth the time spent sitting there.

I think to be critical of it, you could say how it gets to the 2nd and 3rd objective happens quicker than you imagine but it's very like a hidden quest - once the first step/key has been found, the next steps are far quicker.

3 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I had to check out IMDB and metacritic after you said that as I couldn't believe it.

7.5 on IMDB which is a solid score and 64 on metacritic.

When I read through many of the negatives ones though it comes across as this was based off a book and it didn't reflect that as much as they wanted it to. I'm sorry, but I just don't care about that. I based it off watching it alone and it was well worth the time spent sitting there.

I think to be critical of it, you could say how it gets to the 2nd and 3rd objective happens quicker than you imagine but it's very like a hidden quest - once the first step/key has been found, the next steps are far quicker.

A few reviews mention that, others say it's just an empty film filled with pop culture references...

here's a good one:

"Do you like the 80's? Do you like video games? Do you like being pandered to until you want to vomit? Well this would be the movie for you. This movie is less of a movie and more of review of all pop culture of the last three decades. One of the most blaring issues is the onslaught of huge plot holes that are never addressed to any extent."

I'll certainly look out for it to see what I think myself. I'd heard nothing good when it came out so I didn't bother and now I'm intrigued😋

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

A Ready Player One review depends on what you want from the film.  The plot isn’t all that substantial with what plot there is being really predictable.  However it is a really well made film, the CGI is amazing and there are so many pop culture references and characters to spot.  It is a really enjoyable film to watch.

Plus I get to watch it going I’ve been there, I know where that is etc. as some of it was filmed in Birmingham :) 

As for my last film- Into the spiderverse.  A really good fun film, I’d even argue the best spiderman film we’ve had so far.  I don’t remember any jokes that didn’t land and it’s funny to see it taking the piss out of the other spiderman films.  Definitely worth a watch.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

On 1/17/2019 at 6:48 AM, TigerBurge said:

Also Go Tigers!!!😏

Haha you have to give serious credit to surfer dude.  That mfer can throw a football.  I honestly thought the real championship game was already played with Uga vs Bama so I hardly paid attention to anything after that except the national championship.  That was a beat down!  Fuck saban 

Wife and kids went to my in-laws today.  Soooooo I watched ready player one again, but this time cranked up my surround sound so loud that the picture frames upstairs were rattling lol.  Man I fucking love this movie

As far as the bad reviews are concerned, don’t even bother reading them.  I didn’t know anything about the movie when it came out.  I don’t have cable so I never see commercials or movie trailers.  I had never even heard of it until my brother turned it on.  Gotta check it out people. 

1 hour ago, McNasty said:

Haha you have to give serious credit to surfer dude.  That mfer can throw a football.  I honestly thought the real championship game was already played with Uga vs Bama so I hardly paid attention to anything after that except the national championship.  That was a beat down!  Fuck saban 

Let’s not derail this thread if you want to y’all football come over to my PPR 😂

And yes fuck Saban

3 hours ago, McNasty said:

Game over.  I watched it again (twice today).  This is my favorite movie of all time!

I watched it again on my birthday aswell! 😂😂 

6 hours ago, Docwagon said:

My son and I watched the Lego Movie 2, The Second Part.

If you liked the first one, you'll like this one.  It's at least as well done.  It's still a family dynamic movie wrapped up in goofy plastic brick filled extravaganza, but with a bit less singing then the first.

Glad that's it good, heard from @Stretch616 similar things that its good but just not as good as the first. Difficult to follow that first one though.

16 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

I know it’s an old film but watched the original John Wick on TV last night...what a movie! Definitely going to keep my eyes open for John Wick 2

You won't be disappointed in John Wick 2 either Dave. Both are great films. Number 3 is out soon too - 16th May.

A star is born.  Great movie, and even Lady Gaga comes across as "not a dick".  Music is awesome, Bradley cooper is a good director.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

2 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

A star is born.  Great movie, and even Lady Gaga comes across as "not a dick".  Music is awesome, Bradley cooper is a good director.

The film itself wasn't bad, it's that duet they do which is all over the radio that pisses me off. They sound absolutely shitfaced, it's fucking dreadful. 

banlol.png

15 hours ago, TigerBurge said:

Captain Marvel. Good movie. Had to see it before End Game in April 

Hoping to see this with the wife in a few weeks. Glad you found it good. Looking forward to the end credits too!

Watched Creed and half way through Creed 2. They're okay, easy-ish watch. I think Creed 2 is feeling better than Creed 1 so far but not seen the ending yet. Problem is I don't think anything can top Rocky 4.

I’ve been off with the flu for the last three days so I’ve watched a lot of films

- Mortal Engines

Awful film, I hear the book was brilliant. It had so much potential but lacked in so much. I’m not even sure it made any sense.

- Spider-Man: Into the spider-verse

One of the best films I’ve seen in ages, some of the subtle things they did were brilliant.

- The Meg
I watched this at the peak of feeling like shite, it was exactly what I needed. Really enjoyed it for being ridiculous.

- Edge of Tomorrow

Seen it before and work on it when I was at my last job. I love this film and I’m not the biggest Tom Cruise fan but really enjoyed him in this. Watch it if you haven’t seen it!

- The A-Team

Ridiculous film but good fun.

- Mission Impossoble: Fallout

Actually wasn’t a bad film, I like the fact he does his own stunts. 

- Skyscraper

I love a bit of The Rock, also watched this when I was flu’d to the max.

- Ready Player One 
I really enjoyed this, I know a lot of people, who read the book, said it was crap. I can only imagine the book was incredible so I’m going to have to read that at some point.

I think I’ve watch some others but don’t remember.

On 11/6/2019 at 1:02 PM, tronic44 said:

- Mortal Engines

Awful film, I hear the book was brilliant. It had so much potential but lacked in so much. I’m not even sure it made any sense.

Agree. Granted I was stop starting it over the last few days but it was really bad. Such a shame as the concept seemed awesome.

- Edge of Tomorrow

Seen it before and work on it when I was at my last job. I love this film and I’m not the biggest Tom Cruise fan but really enjoyed him in this. Watch it if you haven’t seen it!

Agree again! Totally with you that it surprised me that it was that good. Such a good well thought out film. Brilliant ending too.

- Ready Player One 
I really enjoyed this, I know a lot of people, who read the book, said it was crap. I can only imagine the book was incredible so I’m going to have to read that at some point

Oh man, you need to be more pumped for that film. It gets better every time I watch it! Did watch it again about 2 weeks ago. @McNasty approves too so we're always right.

I also watched Beverley Hills Cop again as i wanted some easy watching. I love those films. Its mad how some iconic old films just never devalue. We're planning to watch the whole Die Hard series over the Christmas period too.

38 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I also watched Beverley Hills Cop again as i wanted some easy watching. I love those films. Its mad how some iconic old films just never devalue. We're planning to watch the whole Die Hard series over the Christmas period too.

So did I! I turned it off after half an hour though as was falling asleep haha

39 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Oh man, you need to be more pumped for that film. It gets better every time I watch it! Did watch it again about 2 weeks ago. @McNasty approves too so we're always right.

It was a great film and enjoyed it but I feel like they skimmed over a lot of stuff to fit it in. Still a top film though.

Watched 2 films from Netflix on Saturday

1st paradise beach.... absolute crap had to watch to the end to see what happened....nothing that's what.

2nd Avengment what looks like a low budget Brit flick... Really enjoyed it brutal fight scenes very well choreographed a decent story which was told mostly in flash backs a real surprise. Nice to see people can still make interesting original films.

The Irishman. Fucking great... There's a hell of a lot of talking but with Pachino and DeNitro it still kept me intrigued through the whole 3 hours and 20 something minutes.

Yes, it is a loooong movie and again with a lot of talking but this is a masterpiece that Scorsese has cooked up and well worth the time if you like mafia movies.