No League Play in Ghosts

H3iman

Since I haven't seen a thread about this yet, Infinity Ward has announced there will not be a League Play playlist in Ghosts. Instead, they're replacing the playlist with a "Clan vs. Clan" playlist, which allows you to play with your clan members against other clans. This will have a separate leaderboard, and IW will use the leaderboard to determine which teams will qualify for the CoD: Championship in 2014.

Source

Here a video from Optic Nadeshot, giving his opinion on the announcement from the perspective of a pro CoD player.

Thoughts? Being a PC guy, League Play is almost nonexistent on the platform because our community is a fraction of the console community. This has partly caused me to move on from the CoD series, with no intention of buying Ghosts on any platform when it releases.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoyed LP, but not having it isn't a big deal either. It was a minor improvement in terms of having teammates who played the objective. On the other hand, having teams vs. solo players was practically a game-breaking fault.

No replacing the empty spots left by rage quitters is another fault, too.

DM9ON.png

No replacing the empty spots left by rage quitters is another fault, too.

That was annoying, but it was also somewhat unavoidable. It's not fair to throw someone into a match that's already all but lost, but its not fair to leave the teams unbalanced either.

It's a big dissapointment to me. When people started dropping off on BO2 I found myself playing alot of LP. It was a complete change of pace and I really enjoy that aspect of the game. It's probably the main reason I go back to cod now. Very sad to see it go