Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon - Wildlands

BO7H B4RRELS

I just watched the trailer for this game, and it looks like it could be a lot of fun.  Anyone else check this out?  Thoughts?

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands is the first military shooter set in a massive and responsive open world, entirely playable in 4 player co-op or solo. Coming to PS4, Xbox ONE and PC. 

Bolivia, a few years from now. The country has become the largest cocaine producer in the world. The Santa Blanca drug cartel has turned the country into a narco-state, leading to lawlessness, injustice, and violence. 
The Ghosts, an elite US Special Forces team, is sent behind enemy lines to wreak havoc and takedown the cartel. 

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

The game really intrigued me at E3 and then I remembered it was a Ubisoft game with their usual textually enhanced BS trailers with misleading info and them skirting over key questions. It's certainly one to watch but I'd take everything with a pinch of salt until the reviews come in. If Ubisoft manage 31fps in a game; it'll be a miracle these days B)

I'm well and truly done with Ubisoft games now. It's a strictly bargain bin purchase consideration for me now as their games never deliver to the standard they present and are nothing more than soulless, simple sandboxes for me. 

I'm still shocked how good, and how many people play Siege- it's solid of a game, but then Ubi goes back to normal on all of their other shit.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

Thought about buying it but it's really similar to Metal Gear 5 and Far Cry, but with coop.
I do like these types of games but i have too many similar ones...

I'd get it if it was cheap and others were playing it too.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

19 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Thought about buying it but it's really similar to Metal Gear 5 and Far Cry, but with coop.
I do like these types of games but i have too many similar ones...

I'd get it if it was cheap and others were playing it too.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

The point that Phil says about us playing it is exactly true.

I remember playing once with Chris, Chip and Chad and its a fun co-op game. Other than co-op I have other things that i'd rather play cos of everyone else having those games.

Time to resurrect this bad boy from the grave. I was asked to perform in a show match today to show off the new observer system for Ghost War 4v4. It was Rainbow 6 vs. Ghost Recon and was my first day playing this game and the player vs player.

Holy. Cow. This game is the old SOCOM game mode. I cannot do it justice how tense and how tactical this mode is. 

Here's the video of the match and here are some clips from a person who I was playing with, a former Rainbow 6 pro and current Pro League Caster- Z1ronic. 

The VOD starts at 00:19:04. 

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

I picked Wildlands up the other day and it’s back on sale in the PS store, around £16. Crispy and I will probably be playing this later on this eve, if a couple of other peeps are interested in joining?

Had really good fun with the demo and I can only see that continuing.

I was looking to pick this up on the pc but I’m too scared to use my laptop at the moment, really need to get the screen fixed.

1 hour ago, tronic44 said:

I picked Wildlands up the other day and it’s back on sale in the PS store, around £16. Crispy and I will probably be playing this later on this eve, if a couple of other peeps are interested in joining?

Had really good fun with the demo and I can only see that continuing.

I was looking to pick this up on the pc but I’m too scared to use my laptop at the moment, really need to get the screen fixed.

I already have this and would be good to revisit it. I am struggling to play anything else atm with Destiny happening with so many of us. May be worth planning a night in so I can get it updated and get a few hours in on it with some of you.

Is there any DLC I have to be aware of?

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I already have this and would be good to revisit it. I am struggling to play anything else atm with Destiny happening with so many of us. May be worth planning a night in so I can get it updated and get a few hours in on it with some of you.

Is there any DLC I have to be aware of?

Not too sure about dlc but there’s so much to the game that it’ll probably be a while till we get anywhere near the end.

how far through did you get?

Not too sure about dlc but there’s so much to the game that it’ll probably be a while till we get anywhere near the end.

how far through did you get?
Only did a few missions so I'd have to relearn from the start again.