Just plain NO...

Drifter

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this has to be the worst remake ever conceived. I reject it, and refuse to believe it is happening. I will take shelter in an imaginary world where Ray Stantz is President of the Unitied Stats, Peter Venkman is the Secretary of State, Egon Spengler is the head of Nasa, and Winston Zedmore is white house chief of staff, offering Mr. President advice in times of crisis.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

Its not a remake, its a sequel

Dont really care that its all women. 

will it be funny? I don't know, but I have misgivings.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Bah, sequel, remake, it's a terrible idea. Ghostbusters is legendary, and much of it had to do with the chemistry of the cast. Take away the cast, you take away the Ghostbusters. This stinks of money grab on name recognition, not to mention lack of creativity.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

Its not a remake, its a sequel

Dont really care that its all women. 

will it be funny? I don't know, but I have misgivings.

I didn't know it was a sequel.  That's why I hated the idea of replacing 4 male characters with 4 female characters.  I guess it could make sense for a sequel.  I still give it a zero chance of being good.

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Also, just so you guys are aware, Dan Akroyd wrote this along with Harold Ramis. 

The guys that wrote the other Ghostbusters movies. While I despise Melissa McCarthy as an actress/ comedian, I do have some faith in the writing of Akroyd and Ramis.

Which is why I am taking a "sit and wait" philosophy with this movie.

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Also, just so you guys are aware, Dan Akroyd wrote this along with Harold Ramis. 

The guys that wrote the other Ghostbusters movies. While I despise Melissa McCarthy as an actress/ comedian, I do have some faith in the writing of Akroyd and Ramis.

Which is why I am taking a "sit and wait" philosophy with this movie.

Akroyd and Ramis are actually only doing some of the character writing for it, the movie itself is written by Paul Feig and not them. Dan Akroyd actually had written three versions of a 3rd Ghostbusters film over the past 20 years but all three scripts were rejected.

Squeal, remake, reboot, doesn't matter I still say it's gonna suck big piles of shit IMO. There are some movies that are classics that should not be messed with when it comes to the main characters. Doing a Ghostbusters film with an all female cast would be like doing Thelma and Louise with two dudes, it just doesn't work. Not to mention anything with that no talent Melissa McCarthy just turns my stomach. There is just flat out nothing funny about her acting.

Akroyd and Ramis are actually only doing some of the character writing for it, the movie itself is written by Paul Feig and not them. Dan Akroyd actually had written three versions of a 3rd Ghostbusters film over the past 20 years but all three scripts were rejected.

Squeal, remake, reboot, doesn't matter I still say it's gonna suck big piles of shit IMO. There are some movies that are classics that should not be messed with when it comes to the main characters. Doing a Ghostbusters film with an all female cast would be like doing Thelma and Louise with two dudes, it just doesn't work. Not to mention anything with that no talent Melissa McCarthy just turns my stomach. There is just flat out nothing funny about her acting.

I looked more into this.

The script that Ramis and Akroyd wrote was tossed out, they changed it from a Sequel to being a full blown Reboot

But, to your point about it the series being a classic and not working with an all female cast. I disagree, I think with the right all female cast, it actually could be as good as 1 and better than 2.

So lets ignore the bullshit that is going to be the new Hollywood pandering to SJW's and pretend it never happened.

-------------

Ghostbusters that could have worked.

Setting: Random West Coast city or Chicago. (Get the fuck out of new york)

Premise: The four ghostbusters from the original two movies passed on there technology to other scientists in their field, in different cities to help fight ghosts in their cities. And the technology gets passes along to new scientists that are up and coming in the same field.

Bring back Sigourney Weaver, she plays Dana again and this time has an active role other than Victim (she could play a Venkman role, and I think she could pull it off, but I vote she stay as a "5th" member of the team)

Queen Latifah or Jada Pinkett Smith as the "Straight Man" of the group (Winston's role)

Michelle Yeoh - Plays the Spengler role. (she does really well with straight faced sarcasm)

Kristen Bell - takes on a similar role to Ray Stantz

The hard part is placing a venkman style character. Murray can't be carbon copied. So he really shouldn't be. A fourth team member is needed here, and I vote someone take the role of Oscar. This ties Dana back in, as well as the original movies much more thoroughly.

Oscar being a male opens up a huge amount of options for us. We just need a character in his mid 20's to late 30's:

Chris Pratt

Chris Hemsworth

James DeFranco

All spring to mind as viable candidates

Also I will personally cock punch or cunt punt anyone that suggests Shia Lebouf, or Channing Tatum

You don't have to agree, you're free to your own view of course. As I said though, I think most people will agree with me that certain movies are classics which simply don't work when messed with, which most people will agree Ghostbusters as being one of them. And changing the main cast to a totally different gender, race, or (input whatever change you want here) is just not something that does the original move any justice.

Mark my words, I will all but guarantee you that this movie flops majorly when it comes out.

They want to make a movie about a team of women fighting ghosts then more power to them, just don't call it Ghostbusters or base it on the original movies. Or better yet Hollywood.....come up with some new ideas for once and stop fucking up beloved classic movies.

I posted a new idea for a sequel

Sadly New Ideas in Hollywood seem to die a slow death. You have to look for Indie films if you want new ideas

The good thing about what they are doing is it doesn't destroy what we all grew up with. This isn't Lucas going in an editing footage and re-releasing things. Or even Ted Turner attacking it with his box of crayons. All the DVD's out there of Ghostbusters will still be fine. When we watch Ghostbusters on USA or TNT or AMC, we will just have to check the year listing for it, if its not 1984, then we don't watch it.

We can all just move on and ignore this New movie.