What are you listening to right now?

BO7H B4RRELS

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maximum effect requires a live performance. I'm not a huge fan of the blues (read: not really a fan at all) but, I am a fan of gifted people pouring their guts into something, and SRV pukes every once of his soul onto the audience when he plays.

The only criticism I have of him, other than getting on that helicopter, is when he plays behind his back. Dude, you do not need to show off, there's not a person in the world who can play like you.

I used to love Steve Vai, Joe and a lot of the shredders from the 80s and 90s. I've just drifted away from that style. Now I'm this kind of guy.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

I've never listened to Stevie Ray Vaughan more than a few songs, probably because his style didn't grab my attention when I first heard him. He wasn't bad at in any way but his music just doesn't do anything for me...

My first impression when I heard him many years ago was that he tried to be Jimi Hendrix, albeit more technically skilled. He certainly looked, sounded and behaved like Hendrix in many ways.

His performance in the video you posted was certainly impressive. You can really see that he gave 110% when he played live

you can hear hendrix in some of his solos. his cover of voodo child is pretty awesome. but he has his own unique style and flare. check out texas flood, lenny, mary had a little lamb, pride and joy. classic srv. hes also heavily influenced by albert king who I think took him under his wing.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

Shawn Lane is just ridiculous. I was lucky enough get a CD copy of Powers of Ten before it disappeared from the shelves. That solo doesn't really show it, but he has incredible musicality to go with his mad chops.

This album blows my mind:

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.