Rocket League FG Mini League

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a real shame but I only see the option to invite Steam friends to private matches. I play with and against PS4 players every match but it's just random. :angry:

Yeah, its abit annoying but at least they have said they would work on getting it to work. Apparently it's a really hard thing for developers but they've got random cross-platform matchmaking so I hope it's soon so we can have some laughs.

One concern... Pulling names for teams might be tricky with the times that we all play. I only play on weekdays, others mainly play weekends. Etc.

Got it Tommy. I think once the teams are confirmed we'd just make sure we (or I) know when everyone can/can't play so it can work for everyone.

Failing that, as this is for fun you could just buddy up with someone now and i don't think any will mind. Let me know either way. Hopefully people can meet up for a 5 minute game.

Looks like we have 12 that can participate (gutted that it can't be 14 with Phil and James but hopefully next time) so that makes 6 teams.

I'll pull them out at random today if I get chance and then start arranging games [emoji2]

If a team I'm apart of wins can we call it Soccer for a month?

As long as if it's the other way around we all call your football Egg Chasers! [emoji6]

(I'll probably call it that anyway!)

As long as if it's the other way around we all call your football Egg Chasers! [emoji6]

(I'll probably call it that anyway!)

You will. Remind me next time we're on to tell you what we call soccer players

Courtesy of my wife selecting random numbers 1 to 12 (just so you couldn't blame me [emoji4]) the teams are:

Rich / Chris

Gary / Diddums

Bart / Sebby

Lee / Tommy

Jordie / Stretch

Crispy / Rob

If you don't like them, well, tough! (Honestly if it makes sense to swap just let me know)

Let's try and make a go of this now. All it needs is some effort from everyone(!) just to find a time together. Remember it's for fun guys! One more thing, can someone post the result on here and tell me goalscorers please!! Ta very muchly!

First fixtures are:

Rich / Chris vs Gary / Diddums

Bart / Sebby vs Lee / Tommy

Jordie / Stretch vs Crispy / Rob

Now let's go score some Goooooaaaaallllss! [emoji2]

Now I am still unfamiliar with some names, which lovely person is Crispy :)

That's Chris too but we always call him crispy (crispymorgan on here, Cepheus-x on PS4)

I already know this will be a laugh if nothing else.

That's exactly what this league is supposed to be.

Did we ever decide on a format? Best 2 out of 3, etc?

I think everyone was just happy playing one game. Although it's only 5 minutes, feedback from some of the guys were saying its difficult to get people to dedicate long periods to it.

Everyone still want it to be based on one game or anyone think what Rob has suggested is worth changing? i.e. best of 3?

Does anyone want to participate in this again? It was hard to do this when Destiny was a timesink but maybe a good time to re-open this thread?