Horizon: Zero Dawn

Sennex

Whoa O,O

Nice to see Guerilla Games unfettered from the Killzone franchise.

I didn't even realize it was the same company that made Killzone.... I am now actually scared. Killzone on PS4 is just horribly bad

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Nah, KZ 1-3 were really solid and graphically amazing. I think Shadow Fall suffered from having to be ready as a PS4 launch title. KZ3 multiplayer was also awesome. I have faith in them.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

Watched this on the replay of the PlayStation E3 show. What an awesome opening gameplay sequence. Given more time this time round I'm sure Guerilla Games will do the job.

This game is getting me pretty hyped right now. Also, the open world game has apparently got a whopping 552 page strategy guide which is similar to Skyrim....this looks like the next game to break the awsomeness barrier.

15 hours ago, Stretch616 said:

Isn't this available in beta form on the ps store? I've been tempted to take the plunge on this as robot dinosaurs is right up the little man's Street!!

Don't think it is mate. Out in 10 days though!!

Found some extra info via reddit:

Horizon Zero Dawn, the PlayStation 4 exclusive game developed by Guerrilla Games, is still a bit far from release, but some lucky players already managed to get their hands on early copies of the game, revealing some additional details on the highly anticipated open world game.

Reddit user Lordidude is among the lucky players who managed to get an early copy of Horizon Zero Dawn and has been revealing some new details on the game in the past few hours. The first thing he mentioned about the game is that it’s technically outstanding on the PlayStation 4 Pro, adding that performance is solid on the console, with the frame rate locked at 30 FPS.

""Locked 30 even on Pro. I didn’t notice any slowdowns though."

"It was a 4k Toshiba without HDR. 30 were locked without any noticeable slowdowns. Controls are responsive, a little bit different but not overloaded and easy to learn."

Lordidude also elaborated on the game’s sidequests, noting how they provide additional details on the game’s world. Sidequests are also pretty straightforward at the beginning of the game, which is to be expected.

"I’ve found collectibles with story/lore and the good old villagers in need side quests. Sure there’s plenty more I don’t know of."

"I have not played Witcher and haven’t seen enough to tell how repetitive side quests are or if they are at all. The quest by themselves are pretty straight forward, which is to expect in the beginning. There might be branching quests later. At least I hope so"

The user also talked about the game’s challenge level, noting how Easy and Medium are pretty forgiving, with plenty of health herbs.

"Medium and easy difficulty are quite forgiving. Health herbs are plenty."

Lastly, it seems like stealth does play a rather important role in Horizon Zero Dawn, as it can even make boss battles a bit easier.

"Yes it is. Although the boss battles differ since you can make it way easier with certain tactics."

2 hours ago, Greboth said:

Interesting bits of extra info, I don't have a pre-order in at the moment as I planned to wait for reviews.  However getting closer and closer to release date it is getting hard to resist the temptation.

Any time you get tempted to pre-order just repeat these 3 words "No man's sky". 

Greboth hit the nail on the head for me. Very tempting. 

And we all know how addicted to The Witcher I am.. So even seeing that name thrown out there makes it worse. I really wanna see a review from one of you guys though. Better yet, someone that has played The Witcher too.

I read something about it that it has some similar traits to Assassin's Creed and Far Cry but way better dynamics. Another said it had Zelda traits, especially with the farming resource part.

I always said I would get it on Day One, however I am really close to getting For Honour as the US gang seem to give it some good reviews.

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I read something about it that it has some similar traits to Assassin's Creed and Far Cry but way better dynamics. Another said it had Zelda traits, especially with the farming resource part.

I always said I would get it on Day One, however I am really close to getting For Honour as the US gang seem to give it some good reviews.

I'm waiting on that too. Don't feel like it will last long. Probably get it with a price drop if at all.