Final Fantasy 7 Remake - Confirmed

1 hour ago, Sennex said:

Are they still doing the Episodic crap?

Side Note: I don't under stand why they didn't just redo the graphics, and call it a day. Personally, as much as I enjoyed the latest FF, I don't want that when I replay FF7

The episodes talk has all gone quiet from what i read up. There's still a good chance it will be like that which would makes my stomach wrench a little.

I'm with you. First off I wanted the FF7 story to live on, but now after the ATB going and potentially other side issues it might be just better to leave it the hell alone.

10 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Final Fantasy VIII is also being remastered which is a strange decision especially going toe to toe with a remake of 7. 

From my view it isn't strange but that is because when I grew up FF7 and FF8 were both super huge and I loved both games.

Cloud and Squall are quite iconic in the wider franchise and if the same demographic that wants the FF7 remake will largely want the FF8 remake too.

21 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I'll buy this just for the cinematics. I really hope the incredible cinematic can translate into awesome gameplay.

Whilst i'm so looking forward to this coming out, I am still going to try and wait to see how far the first installment of this game has been released on Day 1. I'm really worried that everyone picks it up and in 3 hours you've completed as far as you can get until the next installment releases. Has anyone seen any prices or expected payments people will have to make for any further drops?

On 2/21/2020 at 4:33 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

Whilst i'm so looking forward to this coming out, I am still going to try and wait to see how far the first installment of this game has been released on Day 1. I'm really worried that everyone picks it up and in 3 hours you've completed as far as you can get until the next installment releases. Has anyone seen any prices or expected payments people will have to make for any further drops?

The first instalment is everything unto the end of midgar - that's a good solid 8-10 hours of gameplay in the original (assuming you are maxing stats etc) and that doesn't include anything they have added (which they have!).

It's going to be amazing!!!!!!

signatures small.jpg

1 hour ago, Middle Class Caveman said:

The first instalment is everything unto the end of midgar - that's a good solid 8-10 hours of gameplay in the original (assuming you are maxing stats etc) and that doesn't include anything they have added (which they have!).

It's going to be amazing!!!!!!

I'm not disputing it'll be incredible - i can already see that from the gameplay and screenshots released so far. Just hope we don't have to wait too long for the next installment because the best fans will blast through all the stuff in no time.

On 2/23/2020 at 12:18 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

I'm not disputing it'll be incredible - i can already see that from the gameplay and screenshots released so far. Just hope we don't have to wait too long for the next installment because the best fans will blast through all the stuff in no time.

The next instalment will likely be on the PS5?

signatures small.jpg

On 2/26/2020 at 8:56 AM, Middle Class Caveman said:

The next instalment will likely be on the PS5?

It'll be developed for both gen consoles I imagine. I just wish I had a ton of money for collector editions. The figures with that come with this are amazeballs.

On 2/21/2020 at 4:33 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

Same. I'm not very comfortable with the prospect of paying £49.99, getting 8-12 hours of content and then having to wait 18 months or something plus possibly paying another £50. This is definitely a very ambitious and complex undertaking but the episodic nature and it being Square Enix has me a little worried. 

I played the demo and enjoyed it. Then saw it was episodic and each part is full price (part one being £59.99 on the PS Store). So fuck that then! I'll wait til we get a complete collection. Square Enix are royally taking the piss.

fart.gif

On 3/16/2020 at 4:38 PM, MrBiron said:

I played the demo and enjoyed it. Then saw it was episodic and each part is full price (part one being £59.99 on the PS Store). So fuck that then! I'll wait til we get a complete collection. Square Enix are royally taking the piss.

Woah, hold the phone. I was totally miffed when I heard the news but since then i'm not as worried/concerned as I was. Granted, we don't 100% know until we have the game but they have came out and said there is a 50+ hour game here alone so I think its safe to say we're getting a 'full game' on launch. Its more for fans of FF7 if they want to follow the story there'll be more 'full' episodes to follow. Lets hope they'll be full anyway.

Oh, and you know not to buy from that smelly PSN Store, P&P direct to your hard drive clearly costs way more money in the digital post market. Can't get the staff these days.