Clash of Clans - WAR THREAD

Corey, thanks for the input man! I'm th8 and generally do mass dragons plus rage. Has worked out very well up until the last war. Still not sure why I crapped out so bad. :/

No worries! Yeah dragons tend to be the best for TH8s although they do tend to drop off towards later TH8. If you are getting rather far into TH8 and feel like you'll be moving onto TH9 in like a month I'd suggest using a TH8 gowipe.

It is basically the same as mine, but I run one less golem overall and fill the CC with the 3rd pekka, and for spells 2 rage, 1 heal with a poison. Learning these attacks are really important for TH9 and it is good practice start of them at TH8. Also I personally think they are a lot more fun and rewarding than mass dragon because you have to pay more attention throughout the attack.

Thanks for that Corey - I'm TH10 and tactically naive at war strategies so I might give your GoWiPe a try

Haha! I am going to be going to TH10 in a little bit. I was going to try and get both my heroes to 20 but I don't have the patience because I can only spend gold and elixir on walls now. 3,000,000 a piece is just torture [emoji23]

If anyone wants a mini-tutorial for a gowipe then I'd be glad to help [emoji106]

Kia Ora. 

I use the GoWiPe or GoWiWi depending on who I'm attacking. I usually get 2 stars against tough opponents, but struggle with the 3 star. Usually fall short at 80 percent destroyed or so.

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

I'll write one up later today or tomorrow. Got to do some study for a test this week so may be a bit delayed.

I have seen a GoHo but never used it myself; I don't really think it is the most optimal set up but some people can get it to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kia Ora. 

Please

Just posted one up. I am not TH10 yet so I can't say for sure that this is the best way to attack TH10s but I have attacked a few TH10s and it seems to work. Correct placement of the freeze spell is very important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kia Ora. 

Just tried my first lavaloonian attacks in the current war I am in. I try to not watch video tutorials and figure out things for myself by remembering attacks from within the game. However I did get a general guideline on what composition to run with a few of my own personal tweaks on it. I ran:

16x Balloon

3x Lava hound

25x Minion

1x Lavahound in CC

For spells I went with:

2x Rage

1x Healing

2x Haste

1x Poison

I swapped out 10 minions for 2 hog riders in one of the attacks to draw out the troops as this is crucial for the raid (as I found out in my first attack). Both attacks went fairly good. On the first one I attempted the attack without drawing out the enemy CC troops and killing them off first which meant I only got a 70% 1 star on their number two. Should have been able to get 2 stars but for my first lavaloonian raid it was all good in my opinion. 

For my second attack I managed to 3 star their number six (a TH9) with about two seconds to spare  :D  Was very intense but great fun during the attack and I think I did well for my second try. I think I am going to start using this raid more as it is good to switch to it when facing anti-gowipe bases. Practice makes perfect!

Kia Ora. 

So how did we get on? wont get home for another 6 hours so cant check?

I quite enjoyed being part of the war clan again, but just wanted to put a couple of comments:

- war day started a bit late in my weekend, I managed to get 2 attacks in but only by throwing a few gems at troop and spell creation. Can it start earlier or is it just luck of the draw in finding an opponent?

- because of that the 6 hour free for all started after I had left for work. As it looked like we had a few AFK's I jumped on just before I left and went for a lower level than I should have done, hope nobody minds

- Charlie - I have no idea what happened. He went up to bed and I saw him attack someone he shouldn't have done. So I go up, tell him he went too low, but not giving him a hard time, its clear he just thought he had to gofor the 'recommended target' not the 'opposite number' so it didn't seem a  big deal. Come back down, see Jasons polite reminder of the rules, and that Charlie has quit the clan. Go back up to ask why.  Charlie hadnt even realised he'd quit (apparently). So either a glitch or a strop, or a fat thumb screw up. Someone open the clan to let him back in please

Bob, would it solve your issue if we started earlier on Saturday? If we start Friday evening it's tough for Both Barrels as he works some crazy weekend shift.

Glad to have Charlie back, I felt like a tit there.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

Bob, would it solve your issue if we started earlier on Saturday? If we start Friday evening it's tough for Both Barrels as he works some crazy weekend shift.

Glad to have Charlie back, I felt like a tit there.

Don't, it wasn't your fault at all, he's just nuts

Earlier in Saturday would help a bit, although as it happened I got home in time to see the last few minutes, so whatever's probably ok

Don't, it wasn't your fault at all, he's just nuts

Earlier in Saturday would help a bit, although as it happened I got home in time to see the last few minutes, so whatever's probably ok

Earlier or later, doesn't matter to me, we want to make it convenient for as many people as possible.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

My clan just ended a 29 win streak and it was 100% my fault. Love it when that happens!

What happened?

Oh, and I don't think we've done better than a 1 win streak. D:

Went after a double bomb with 6 hogs and didn't drop a heal because I didn't think it was needed. Yeah, it was needed and it messed up the rest off my attack . Lost by 1

If you don't mind me asking, how big is your clan, what range of town halls are you, and what is your Clans approach to war as far as who attacks who?

We have 5-10 th9s that constantly cycle in and out of war. Everyone else is th8 and a handful of th7s. We rarely go to war with more than 25 players. 90 percent of the time it's 15 or 20.

All of our th9s can consistently 2 star any th9 and some th10s, and all of our th8s can 3 star their counterparts.

We always hit our opposite number in war first, and then clean up later. We always get all of our attacks in. That's super important.

Our clan is stupid good at CoC

We have around 35 in the clan but everyone does a good job of opting out when they're upgrading or can't guarantee they can get their attacks in.

Of the 50 wars I can see in the log, we've tied twice and lost 4. Pretty solid. All adults too so there is zero drama which is extremely hard to find with serious war clans.

We're mostly adults plus diddums, so you know... xD

It's all people from here and a few friends/family. We absolutely suck at war and I think it's mainly because a lot of folks' offense is underpowered for their th level.

We're mostly adults plus diddums, so you know... xD

It's all people from here and a few friends/family. We absolutely suck at war and I think it's mainly because a lot of folks' offense is underpowered for their th level.

That's me. I've been upgrading as much as possible.

The first thing you should do after upgrading to is to max out your troops. Of course, you shouldn't upgrade your th until it's maxed but many people didn't know about clan wars and shot themselves in the foot. I'm th9, and didn't upgrade my th until I was completely maxed on everything. I went to th9 with full storages on de, elixer, and gold with maxed walls and defense.