Clash of Clans - WAR THREAD

Lee, here's a diagram of the strategy Chris suggested. Mainly I just felt like practicing making diagrams.

5b45a074daf0665f3e96d0d49b90be33.jpg

7f39210e32303e84bd3c09425a9909fd.jpg

Your army compost would be something like 2-4 giants, a couple wall breakers, and the balance archers or a mix of archers and barbarians. Your clan castle will have three max giants (lvl 7).

You need enough archers/barbs to take care of whatever comes out of the clan castle which will likely be archers, wizards, or possibly a witch and a couple archers. You don't need to worry about a dragon popping out.

Lure those troops away and surround them. Otherwise they will fuck up your giants in a hurry and your giants won't fight back. Giants will only attack defensive structures until they're all gone, then and only then will they attack other shit.

The three lvl 7 giants in your cc can probably wipe the whole base by themselves, you just need to take care of those enemy cc troops.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

That's fantastic Mr Owl! O.o

I'll do my best to do that and hopefully my archers will stack up okay against whatever is in the cc.

I can feel the pressure already building...

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

That's fantastic Mr Owl! O.o

I'll do my best to do that and hopefully my archers will stack up okay against whatever is in the cc.

I can feel the pressure already building...

Whatever comes out, you'll out number 2 to 1 or better. Just make sure to surround them. Don't drop all your troops on one spot because wizards do splash damage and will take out all your troops in an instant.

The reason you're attacking from the Northwest is to take out the mortar as soon as possible. It's a solid plan of attack, but still only a suggestion. You free to do what you want.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

Owl, which of my base plans is better - my village setup or the war base i just messed about with?

Your war base is the same as it was yesterday, but your village has changed. When you use the layout editor, make sure you use the war base tab. By default it opens on the regular village edit tab.

Your village looks much better, you just need to make it your war base. The layout editor has a copy function, so you can copy your regular village, go to the war base tab and paste it in.

There's not a whole lot for you to do with such a small base. Protect your town hall, try to centralize and block direct access to your mortar. You can search webz for base ideas.

Your war base is the same as it was yesterday, but your village has changed. When you use the layout editor, make sure you use the war base tab. By default it opens on the regular village edit tab.

Your village looks much better, you just need to make it your war base. The layout editor has a copy function, so you can copy your regular village, go to the war base tab and paste it in.

There's not a whole lot for you to do with such a small base. Protect your town hall, try to centralize and block direct access to your mortar. You can search webz for base ideas.

Thanks again Jason. I know I could search the web but i value your and the other guys input more. Its how I've learned so much over the past 10 months on alot of games, not just this.

Bart/Lee it's 6 hours to Battle Day, make sure you've got your war bases sorted.

Kind words Lee. Your base is really your chance to exert your individuality, so you should play around with it and experiment. What I tend to do is search the web just to see a bunch of images of what others have done, I take the ones I like and make my own modifications. I think that's what most folks do. But I'm more than happy to share my thoughts.

I'll type up some principles and apply them to a th4 base just to give ideas to work with.

I am busy upgrading walls as fast as I can generate 5k lol

my war base is the same as my normal base. That might be bad though, as my town hall is completely undefended.

if you guys want to take a look at it and let me know. I might be unprepared for this war, not really sure. That being said, since I changed my layout, my defense has gotten much better

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

For war you definitely want your town hall behind walls and we'll defended. Don't worry about being unprepared, you're fine.

Truth is, you WILL get trampled, no doubt, just as I will. But your presence influenced matchmaking such that the enemy clan also has a th4 which we, in turn, will trample. It's an even trade.

Your goal is simply to try and keep their #15 from getting 3 stars against you, which will force someone higher up to drop down and burn one of their attacks against you. It's kind of like a sacrifice bunt in baseball. You're just trying to make a productive out. :D

War Base Principles (TH4 Edition)

Goal: Minimize enemy stars at all costs

Town Hall = 1 star

50% damage to village = 1 star

100% damage to village = 1 star

Centralize and create a buffer zone around your mortar. The mortar is your best defense against weak ground forces. It does splash damage, which is devastating against tightly packed hordes. You want to defend it against giants so it can do work versus the other ground forces. It is also the only defense that has a minimum activation distance, meaning if enemies get close enough, it can’t fire at them. This is why a buffer zone around it is so important. If you let enemies run right up to it, they can take it out with little difficulty.

Spread your point defenses (archer towers and canons) evenly around your base. Keep each point defenses within range of one, preferably two, other point defenses so they can protect each other. If an attacker comes at you through the air, your one air defense isn’t going to save you, so use it as a distraction to keep giants off your mortar.

Take advantage of giants’ stupid AI to path them into your traps, especially spring traps. A single spring trap can toss 3 giants. Giants will always attack the nearest defensive structure, use that knowledge to your advantage.

Divide your base into compartments to slow your enemy’s advance; giving your defenses time to do their work.

Place a builder’s hut, barracks, or army camp in each of the four corners. It can make the difference between a 2 star and 3 star attack. The attacker only gets three minutes; make them run all over the map for that last star, or at least make them dedicate forces to take out those minor structures. The reason you do this with builder’s huts, barracks, or army camps is that those are low health structures. You want high health structures within range of your defenses so they can act as the building equivalent of meat shields.

Try to surround your walls with a buffer zone of structures so that attackers can’t drop wall breakers right up on your walls. If they have to drop the wall breakers farther away, you’ve got a chance at killing them.

Here’s a base idea. I looked at bunch of th4 base pictures and modified one of the ones I liked.

a24c383824831968050f522d982104ec.jpg

You can't see them, but are huts in the top and bottom corners. 

Okay cool, thank you

I will edit here in a moment to get it all changed around

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Well, I lured out his guys, but then had to commit all my forces to it. So no reserves at all.

I managed to kill all of his castle troops, it was ugly.

Well, I lured out his guys, but then had to commit all my forces to it. So no reserves at all.

I managed to kill all of his castle troops, it was ugly.

Unlucky Bart, i was just a few archers, barbs short on my first attack so the Valkyerie nailed my giants.

Second attempt went better and if i had done the same as above i could've got 3 stars. Good learning achieved from this war.

Attacking is incredibly strategic. To be successful, you really need to understand the weaknesses of the base you're attacking, have a good plan, and the right army composition. It's like fucking chess. It's why I like the game so much; it's very cerebral.

Looking at doing a clan war this weekend. Who is interested?

Current roster:

Chris

(Bondie Boy aka Chris)

JBR-Kiwi

(NZs Finest aka Kiwi)

Jesse

Owl

Simon

Pink Leopard

Emerald (aka Plumber)

Lee

Tommy

I can jump in again I guess.

*fist pump*

Current roster:

Chris

(Bondie Boy aka Chris)

JBR-Kiwi

(NZs Finest aka Kiwi)

Jesse

Owl

Simon

Pink Leopard

Emerald (aka Plumber)

Lee

Tommy

Bart

Kyla

Diddums

Rich

Kylebees

Ticker

Now at 17

dc3454494b95ae36f30cf8d5d332af3b.jpg

Red X -  Suspected double giant bomb

Blue X - Suspected giant bomb or hidden tesla

Black X - Drop a giant to lure CC troops out

Black Arrow - After CC troops out, lure them towards the BK

White Circle - Hit CC troops and BK with lightning

Whte Arrow - lure whatever is left further away and clean up with BK and barbarians. If a hidden tesla pops, drop a giant.

Gold Circle - Notice all point defenses in a ring accessible from outside the walls. My plan is to blitz from all around and quickly take out all those point defenses and wizard towers, leaving just a spread out army versus the interior mortars.

Gold Arrows - Each gold arrow is an attack group of giants and wizards. Haven't decided the exact composition yet.

Red Arrow - Direction I'm NOT attacking from. COollectors have decent health. I'm afraid if I attack from that direction, my wizards will get hopelessly distracted.

My CC will have reinforcement wizards to backup wherever needed.

I'll try to save a few giants and wizs to deal with the shit in the corners, could be tough though.