Clash of Clans - WAR THREAD

I stopped upgrading my defenses a month ago and only upgrade walls. I found myself climbing the ranks of our th9s when I initially focused on upgrading defenses quickly. Now I spend all gold on walls. I think walls have much smaller impact on the difficulty of your base (as determined for clan pairings in war), and I haven't climbed higher in our ranks since then.

Going for all level 9 walls before I upgrade any defenses

What's your clan name/level McNasty? I want to know if we've versed you before - we have versed a clan before that absolutely demolished us [emoji23]

But I think to echo what Nasty is saying is it will just take time. Your base, troops and skills with attacks will get better as you practice. Our clan is no where near as good as Nasty's by the sounds of it but when we first begun we went for a month with only winning like 3-4 wars (and we were always in wars)

Now we are winning quite consistently and have only lost 13 and won about 30 (with others being draws) in the last 50. Even more so we have only lost 2 in the last 20. The biggest difference is we can consistently 2/3 star TH9's and 3* all TH8's (We are made up of about 8 TH9's and then 2-7 TH8s depending on whether or not we do 10v10 or 15v15. So coming from a clan that was in your position it can definitely be done.

Basically everything Nasty said was spot on. I'm a bit torn on prioritising walls though - I can see where he is coming from but doing walls is very tedious so from a purely enjoying the game aspect I'd say don't be afraid to do your defences a bit before you do walls. Just make sure that they are at least level 8 when you're at TH9.

But definitely don't rush - make sure everything is maxed before going to the next TH. Also, if someone has rushed and needs some time to catch up don't be afraid of taking them out of the wars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kia Ora. 

Also one more thing I'd like to add is that it will be much harder with smaller clans.

We've got about 30 people in the clan but there is only around 15 of us that want to war (more like 13-14). This creates a problem which is when some of us are upgrading our heroes for example we still have to be in the war for the numbers; which has a trickle down effect as our attacks are weaker and wars become harder. McNasty's clan's system is the best to use but if you don't enough people it doesn't work as well.

Our clan personally needs a group of new people but it can be hard finding new people that actually contribute consistently to wars and are cool people to chat with in general.

Kia Ora. 

How have the wars been going for you guys?

We had a bit of rough patch over at our clan but things are going better now; currently sitting at around half way through clan level 7.

It will be interesting to see how war attacks change after the update; especially now that TH9's get freeze spells (just as I went to TH10 of course [emoji849])

Kia Ora. 

Just to let everyone know they’ve added clan games to this, so every week there are tasks that you can complete to earn rewards. It’s actually quite good fun now.

There’s not many of us playing at the moment but if anyone, old or new, wants to jump in. If we get enough, we could also start doing the clan wars again.

Yeah, clan wars, for me, is better than actual attacks because you can use different tactics to achieve your aim rather than going for a total win.
Something about using a few archers with a hero to get 1,250,000 elixir [emoji3][emoji106]

Via the FG App

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

40 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Yeah, clan wars, for me, is better than actual attacks because you can use different tactics to achieve your aim rather than going for a total win.
Something about using a few archers with a hero to get 1,250,000 elixir emoji3.pngemoji106.png

Via the FG App

I could try it, I played a long time ago and stopped at TH7 or 8, because I hated paying for walls. 

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

On 10/04/2018 at 2:12 PM, The3rdWalker said:

I could try it, I played a long time ago and stopped at TH7 or 8, because I hated paying for walls. 

Rob, 

if you do install it, search for our clan #FG WARRIORS and ask to join but give us a clue it’s you in the message

1 hour ago, The3rdWalker said:

Well it must have been when I had my android phone, back to square one. 

Ah unlucky, starting off is always good fun though. Hopefully we can get you some extra goodies with the clan games.

This was the only mobile game I played but I stopped a while back because of how huge it was and when I'm on the crapper at work I quickly have time to check here more than anything else.

I do miss the clan wars though. We had such fun for a period of time on there. Who's in the clan still and I am still in it?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

57 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

This was the only mobile game I played but I stopped a while back because of how huge it was and when I'm on the crapper at work I quickly have time to check here more than anything else.

I do miss the clan wars though. We had such fun for a period of time on there. Who's in the clan still and I am still in it?

At the moment there's me (2 accounts), Rich, Kyle, Tommy, my mate Chris (2 accounts) and Simon who are the only active (to varying extents) players, with 20+ inactive but still shown as clan members

I'm not keen on grinding walls etc. but Clan Games is good for me as it's lots of small - medium achievable challenges with a reasonable reward at the end of it. The 8 active accounts should easily achieve L5 reward but won't be able to reach L7 which is the highest level. Just jump in and try it!!

11 minutes ago, The3rdWalker said:

There’s no option to join. I believe it’s invite only. The3rdWalker is my account.

Try again Rob, I've changed the settings from 'Closed' to 'Invite Only' :1310_thumbsup_tone1:

11 hours ago, The3rdWalker said:

so.... wouldn't i need an invite?

I don’t think so but it’s been a long while since I’ve done it.

IIRC you look for the clan you want to join and request to join. When you do that a notification appears in the message stream with the option to accept or reject.

If that doesn’t work I’ll change the setting to “let any random twat in” but then, due to the time difference and our two schedules I’ll have to spend time kicking out a load of people who thought we were nice and welcoming and got in with you! :lol::lol:

17 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

At the moment there's me (2 accounts), Rich, Kyle, Tommy, my mate Chris (2 accounts) and Simon who are the only active (to varying extents) players, with 20+ inactive but still shown as clan members

I'm not keen on grinding walls etc. but Clan Games is good for me as it's lots of small - medium achievable challenges with a reasonable reward at the end of it. The 8 active accounts should easily achieve L5 reward but won't be able to reach L7 which is the highest level. Just jump in and try it!!

Let me see what I can do with my phone memory. If I can't I'm upgrading my phone this weekend anyway.

Is that Chris The Great btw?! Not heard from them in ages.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Let me see what I can do with my phone memory. If I can't I'm upgrading my phone this weekend anyway.

Is that Chris The Great btw?! Not heard from them in ages.

CoC is only around the 120mb mark, so shouldn’t take up too much space.

Yep that’s the Chris 🙂