To be honest the way this place runs nowadays you guys could all be mods. The only reason we need mods at all is spammers, last time we had an altercation was months ago. I'll sort it out in a bit, just enjoying a beer with family at the mo. 

I'll give Jason and Lee mod spots and remove Euan. I'll also remove any redundant ad scripts and do a bit of maintenance. 

banlol.png

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys (mods/admins), when you take care of a spam report, will you try to mark it as complete, so the notification goes away.  Please.  I checked this morning and it said we had 4 reports, but all 4 had been taken care of.  You just have to check the box, and selected 'complete' in the drop down box.  Thanks! 

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Hey guys (mods/admins), when you take care of a spam report, will you try to mark it as complete, so the notification goes away. Please. I checked this morning and it said we had 4 reports, but all 4 had been taken care of. You just have to check the box, and selected 'complete' in the drop down box. Thanks!

I kill most of them on mobile and it won't let me enter the normal control pannel. So deal with it ;)

Please welcome Jsinowl and GazzaGarratt as new mods, Euan has involuntarily stepped down. I've removed any ad code but you may need to clear your cookies before it takes effect. 

I've left the redirect as it is so the landing page is the blog as Lee seemed to be enjoying writing. Lee, if you lose interest, let me know and I'll change the redirect to the forum.

Can someone go through the sign-up process and see if it works please? Works fine for me but a few people have said that they couldn't get it to work. If anything else needs doing, let me know.

banlol.png

No problem Didds, suppose i need to be logged on via the website rather than tapatalk to do this?

Also, as much as its nice and enjoyable thinking and doing the blog, i did it for the website to hopefully add abit of value. If it isn't people just need to shout up, as I'm not precious.

I think its cool that its the main home screen and I think it would be used more if it the comments were integrated with the forum (but i know you said that is a bitch to do).

What does everyone else want cos I don't want it just being my 0.02p?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

So, most all of our spammers are from .RU 

That being said, if you guys get into the habit of looking at the members online at the bottom of the main page, clicking on any new names, and then just auto flagging the .RU people as spammers, it should save us a ton of headaches. 

I've been doing it for about 2 months now, 

Also, when you see an Active report, and then take care of the problem, please mark the report as clear or complete

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Today was a bad day for spammers.

I added some stuff to the admin side of thing to try to help with it. I also attempted to prune/ delete about 400 accounts from russia that were spammers. 

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I got sick of just flagging one and two, so I started looking at thier email address, and then searching for the Domain and region.

Then I found a few tools that Admins have access to. I didn't even know they were there until I started looking at banning specific IP ranges.

I will write it up tomorrow and email you and Dave so you can see what I did.

Cheers Bart. I haven't seen any either. I use Tapatalk mostly so I probably need to use the website more often, although tapatalk does have the mod access through it.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

I got sick of just flagging one and two, so I started looking at thier email address, and then searching for the Domain and region.

Then I found a few tools that Admins have access to. I didn't even know they were there until I started looking at banning specific IP ranges.

I will write it up tomorrow and email you and Dave so you can see what I did.

That would be awesome.  Thanks!  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png