PC Gaming Nights

phil bottle

So, PC lads and (wishful thinking here) lasses I think the PS4 is putting us to shame, at least on this forum. I may get a PS4 at some point, maybe if they do a slim version but I can't really justify the expense when I have a beast that my missus already hates. And I'm not talking about my todger*.

I know some of us play on PC but we never get together online. Unless you all do and just don't tell me. Which I wouldn't blame you for, I have to live with myself and I know what I'm like ;)

I was thinking of suggesting a fixed day, could be weekly, fortnightly or monthly we could all try to get on. I know there's a time difference but I'm sure something could be worked out.

I'll just throw this out to see what people think.

I can sort out a team speak for us to use or we could resurrect the FG TS.

We'd probably need to share what games we have we could play online so I'll make a quick list of some games I have and I think could be fun if there were a few of us.

DayZ Standalone

DayZ Mod

Battlefield 3/4

COD 4

Black Ops 2

Arma3

Borderlands 2

Counter Strike

Dying Light

Garrys Mod (e.g. Trouble in Terrorist Town)

Grand Theft Auto (any)

H1Z1

Left 4 Dead 2

X Com: Enemy Unknown

Let me know what you think and then maybe we can look at the logistics.

*that's my cock I'm talking about here dear *non brits'

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a good shout Phil! I've been meaning to get a new headset and try to organise a proper session with everyone and there is so many games to choose from that we are spoiled for choice and should maximise it. 

I've been pissing around with Black Ops II last couple of days and that could be worth a look although it's a bloody hellhole of talented tryhards who've been playing nearly 3 years straight. A few of us also own DayZ Standalone/Mod so that maybe a more suitable alternative. The others are great choices too but are owned in dribs and drabs by people on our friends list but still could be worth a look. 

Just need to work out when the best time is - I'm working very early morning out in the field (not a real grass field btw B) ) and then from home mostly in the afternoon so I sneak in some cheeky gaming time when I can but now the football season is over and my routine is more normal; I hope to be playing more consistently in the evenings and weekends without any distractions. 

I'm interested. The only games I share on that list are Counter Strike and CoD4 though.

That was just a quick selection from my library, share what games you have - that you would like to play with a group of FGers - and then we'll see what's what.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Just need to work out when the best time is - I'm working very early morning out in the field (not a real grass field btw B) ) and then from home mostly in the afternoon so I sneak in some cheeky gaming time when I can but now the football season is over and my routine is more normal; I hope to be playing more consistently in the evenings and weekends without any distractions. 

I'm home straight after work most days, though I'm sneaking in some footie in the park on Wednesdays now the evenings are light again.

Weekdays I can be on most evenings, so long as I plan it in advance, and anytime between 8pm and 1am UK time. At weekends any time, day or night is cool.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I'm game for whatevs. Garry's Mod can be a right larf if you have enough people. Payday 2 is also good. DayZ is DayZ. BF3/4 are also good.

Oddball: Minecraft. Allows loads of people to play because it'll basically run on a potato.

I'll have a look at the Teamspeak server later.

banlol.png

I'm game for whatevs. Garry's Mod can be a right larf if you have enough people. Payday 2 is also good. DayZ is DayZ. BF3/4 are also good.

Oddball: Minecraft. Allows loads of people to play because it'll basically run on a potato.

I'll have a look at the Teamspeak server later.

Minecraft would be great.  Sennex was working on something, but I don't know if that' still in the works or not.  I'd love to see us get a Minecraft server going.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Minecraft would be great.  Sennex was working on something, but I don't know if that' still in the works or not.  I'd love to see us get a Minecraft server going.  

I stopped working on it as none of the Mod Developers would get back to me.

I can still toss something up. I have the next 10 days off, so let me know and I can have something up by the end of this week. 

Also, if I mod it, you guys better know how to use dropbox and install Forge

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

MKX, Project CARS; I'll simplify a list by saying if its killing or racing I'm in.

I too like driving and killing. Project CARS is released soon isn't it?

I'm easy, I'll go with what the majority of people likely to play want to go for.

Though I just read the message from Sennex. We may need to decide quickly and if we go for Minecraft let's not waste the man's time ;)

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I stopped working on it as none of the Mod Developers would get back to me.

I can still toss something up. I have the next 10 days off, so let me know and I can have something up by the end of this week. 

Also, if I mod it, you guys better know how to use dropbox and install Forge

Why not just use one of the modpacks on the FTB launcher/AT Launcher and update from that. Pick the largest pack and then update from there. You can disable any of the mods you don't want and if there are some that you want added, they are easy to add = download mod -> drag and drop into folder.

Seems easier that way, no?

Why not just use one of the modpacks on the FTB launcher/AT Launcher and update from that. Pick the largest pack and then update from there. You can disable any of the mods you don't want and if there are some that you want added, they are easy to add = download mod -> drag and drop into folder.

Seems easier that way, no?

I had been working on a Custom FG modpack, that would be able to be downloaded inside AT Launcher or FTB or Tekkit.

I created a server locally at home and have it all finished and ready to be uploaded once approval was given. Thats partially why.

Also, it is pretty easy to grab a Zip file, extract to a location, and start playing, as opposed to someone having to check a list and disable 70+ mods.

The reason for so many, is because we were trying to make it as small as possible so that some of the forum folks that don't have beefy PC's could still play and have fun. We were going bare minimum # of mods. Telling people to grab Direwolf, and then Disable this huge list is sorta silly. Especially when you have to consider some folks are not as technically inclined as some of us.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

There's a few games we can all play together and I'd say what we play is determined by who makes it on.

Now, we just need to decide when is a good time we can all get together. 

To take into account timezones maybe weekends are the best bet, but I'm free at the dates/times I already mentioned and I'll copy them below:

Monday - Friday 

8pm - 1am UK time

3pm - 8pm Boston/New York time

2pm - 7pm  Chicago/Houston time

12 -   5pm LA time

4am - 9am Tokyo time :lol:

Weekend

Any time can do but let's aim for:

9am - 2am UK time

Rest of the world can work it out.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I'm down for this. I have borderlands 2 and arma3. I've never really played Arma it was way too complicated. I jumped on the training game, or took me like 15 minutes to walk to my objective. I died then had to start over again.

Let me know what game you want to gather everyone on.

I'm down for this. I have borderlands 2 and arma3. I've never really played Arma it was way too complicated. I jumped on the training game, or took me like 15 minutes to walk to my objective. I died then had to start over again.

Let me know what game you want to gather everyone on.

lol Arma 3 can be a bit like that with the million buttons you have to learn. If we ever get this PC thing going I'll be more than happy to jump on. There's some good multiplayer mods like King of the Hill and Battle Royale that are a lot of fun.

There's a Forever Gaming group on Steam, if you're not in it, get yerself on. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ForeverGamingCoUk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I didn't realise it would be a struggle to get people engaged enough to get this going but only a couple of people have indicated when they're able to get on, so I'll just leave it there.

I don't want to be a 'try hard', was just looking to see if people wanted to play PC together.

:rolleyes:

jeffersonclasswar.jpg