GrindsMyGears.jpg

We need a rant thread. I'm easily aggravated as I have no patience for anything. Share your mental struggles and share ways in which people may improve upon themselves.

EG: Watched a rant clip Sunday morning of a guy telling everyone born after 1980 that "No problem" given as an answer to something that does not pose a problem in the first place is annoying and to please respond with "you're welcome". This is a transcript of the clip: here.

My gripe: I was asked to update a 2 page catalog spread that hasn't been updated for 11 years. It's been the same since I've been here. So I spent unnecessary time updating both pages. I sent them to my co-worker so he could forward it to the client. They write back a nasty e-mail about a misspelling, wording is all wrong, etc.. etc... So in 11 fucking years not 1 retard form their company even bothered to look at the pages? If its a pick up from previous years I'm not reading it. On top of all that it's passed preflight quality control at printers for years with the "misspelling". I had an International English dictionary for spell check at one time and it liked to change Z's to S's and S's to Z's. So a Z is a S. It's the same fucking thing! :rolleyes:

I'm glad I deleted my e-mail signature before I sent the e-mail because if that dude calls me and cops an attitude I'm going to berate him.

jpw_tyrannosaurus-rex_zpscpttjstm.jpg

People who are incapable of spelling anything correctly, thereby causing me to have to code for their ignorance

Quick example:

WHEN (((st.[Descrip] +' -- '+ st.[Ref]) LIKE '%Stipend%')
                or ((st.[Descrip] +' -- '+ st.[Ref]) LIKE'%Return to Lend%' )
                or ((st.[Descrip] +' -- '+ st.[Ref]) LIKE'%Return of Fund%' )
                or ((st.[Descrip] +' -- '+ st.[Ref]) LIKE'%Retrun of Fund%' )
                or ((st.[Descrip] +' -- '+ st.[Ref]) LIKE'%Retun of Fund%')
                )THEN '16'  

How hard is it to spell "return"?

When ((st.[Descrip] +' -- '+ st.[Ref] LIKE '%Saufley%')
                    OR (st.[Descrip] +' -- '+ st.[Ref] LIKE '%Suafley%')
                    OR (st.[Descrip] +' -- '+ st.[Ref] LIKE '%Saufely%')
                    OR (st.[Descrip] +' -- '+ st.[Ref] LIKE '%Saufey%')
                    OR (st.[Descrip] +' -- '+ st.[Ref] LIKE '%Sauley%')
                    OR (st.[Descrip] +' -- '+ st.[Ref] LIKE '%Saulfey%')
                    ) THEN '14'

How hard is it to spell "Saufley"?

Or my biggest pet peeve.... EXTRA GODDAMNED SPACES!!!!!!!!!!

WHEN ((st.[Descrip] +' -- '+ st.[Ref] LIKE '%Corp C%')
                    OR (st.[Descrip] +' -- '+ st.[Ref] LIKE '%Corp EFT%')
                    OR (st.[Descrip] +' -- '+ st.[Ref] LIKE '%Corp  EFT%')
                    OR (st.[Descrip] +' -- '+ st.[Ref] LIKE '%Corp Wire%')
                    OR (st.[Descrip] +' -- '+ st.[Ref] LIKE '%Corp  Wire%')
                    OR (st.[Descrip] +' -- '+ st.[Ref] LIKE '%Corp   Wire%')
                    OR (st.[Descrip] +' -- '+ st.[Ref] LIKE '%Corp  C%')
                    OR (st.[Descrip] +' -- '+ st.[Ref] LIKE '%Corp   C%')
)THEN '14'

There are 4 goddamned spaces on that last "Corp C%"

Why?

Because fucking rednecks don’t know dick all about typing, or how to use the backspace key. They know shitty assed college football, and John Deere dildo's

Goddamn do I hate work some days.

Oh, and this is 3 examples from today. Every day is like this, all day, every damned project I end up coding has to be tweaked for frigging rednecks and ignorant twat waffles.

//end rant

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

My wife wants one of these for when my mother comes to visit.

http://www.signaljammerblockers.com/

Basically because all she (My mother) does is sit there and talk on her phone, post to facebook, or text her friends. She never really talks or interacts with us; so why the hell would you come over?

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

People on the phone while in line at a store or restaurant. GET OFF THE FUCKING PHONE ASS!!!

I agree! Just in a little different situation. 

So I am an Office Aide for one of my classes. And this woman comes in to pick up her kid. She starts yelling in her bluetooth about her flower business and when I ask her what her son's name is, she says "Was that really a question worth interrupting me for?" After I asked her 4 times, and waited about 10 minutes. This went on for about 20 more minutes until her son finally came to the office. 

I wanted to throw a damn book at her.

The #1 thing that grinds my gears by far is dumb ass drivers.  Dickheads that go under the speed limit in the passing lane and refuse to switch over to the slower traffic lane no matter how many people are riding their ass.  Another one would be the dip-shits that sit at lights texting long after it has turned green.  Then when you give them a little beep to say, hey, it turned green 10 seconds ago, they give you a dirty look.  That's the kind of shit that's going to put me in jail someday.  I'm going to end up having road rage and beating someone's head into their car door, mark my words.  It will happen one day.  One more thing... fuck you to all the ass holes that seem like they're in such a hurry they pull out in front of you, then they proceed to drive under the speed limit.  There's no one behind me for miles, yet you chose to pull out in front of me.  You could have waited an extra 5 seconds for me to go pass, then you've got the entire road to yourself, yet you chose to pull out in front of me at the last second.  Fuck you.  People who text while driving.  Fuck you.  People who simply suck at driving.  Fuck you.  Fuck all of you shitty drivers.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Sennex, I agree 100%.  People that sit on their phones when they're with others.  Fuck all of you.  Stick the phone up your ass.  Quit being rude.  My brother does that shit all the time.  I tell him it's rude.  He gets extremely defensive and tries to flip it on me... "What's so rude about sending a text?"  Not a damned thing, but starring at your phone the entire hour we're hanging out when we only see each other once a month is rude as fuck.  Blow me ass hole.  

I need to punch something.  I'm in a shitty mood.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Sennex, I agree 100%. People that sit on their phones when they're with others. Fuck all of you. Stick the phone up your ass. Quit being rude. My brother does that shit all the time. I tell him it's rude. He gets extremely defensive and tries to flip it on me... "What's so rude about sending a text?" Not a damned thing, but starring at your phone the entire hour we're hanging out when we only see each other once a month is rude as fuck. Blow me ass hole.

I need to punch something. I'm in a shitty mood.

Go punch your wife in the shorts

Anyone, but especially politicians, who constantly make EVERYTHING about race.

Me: I just bought some tacos.

That guy:  Did any black people buy tacos?  DId they have equal access to the tacos?  Were they given preferential rankings in the line to get tacos?  We need diversity in the taco eating community!

Me (about a rude waiter):  (good mood version):  That guy's having a rough day.  (bad mood version):  That guy's a total jackass.

That guy (about a rude waiter): He's racist.  He wouldn't treat me like that if I wasn't (insert minority here).

The only thing that possibly annoys me more is when people in positions of privilege and social acceptance try to play the "I'm so downtrodden" card.  

Me: Looks like some kids got in trouble for praying instead of taking a math test.

That guy: There's a war on Christians!  If a Muslim group they'd let them pray in school!

Yup, if you ignore the multitude of clubs like the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, the multitude of Christian schools, media outlets, celebrities, books, musical acts, and the tiny fact every town in America has a plethora of churches, it's pretty obvious Christianity is being stomped out and driven underground by modern American society.

Doc... I need to get something off my chest.  I really don't like cops.  I despise them.  But, damn it, you sure make it hard not to like you.  Excellent post.  

I just saw an ad on TV yesterday for Blacksingles.com   Can you imagine if there were a white's only dating site?  Or a White Entertainment Television channel like their BET...  it's ridiculous.  Black college funds.  Really?  How about college funds for ALL under privileged kids.  WTF does the color of their skin have to do with anything.  Poor ass white kids growing up out in the sticks have FEWER opportunities than minorities in the inner city.  When I was growing up we were poor as shit.  I had no where to go.  I couldn't walk to a soup kitchen.  I couldn't go to a local YMCA for guidance from a Big Brothers program.  No... I went and walked through the woods at night to try to figure out what the fuck was wrong with my life.  I didn't have shit to go to.  I'm tired of hearing about inner city bullshit.  They have opportunities that kids growing up out in the boonies don't have, but we don't hear about that.  

Doc... I need to get something off my chest.  I really don't like cops.  I despise them.  But, damn it, you sure make it hard not to like you.  Excellent post.  

We're just regular people, and like any other occupation some of us are better at it than others.  I bet if you did a ride along program for a week you'd have a totally different perspective.  Its a challenging job, and few make it through their entire career unscathed physically and emotionally, but its one that I never have to wonder if I'm making a difference in.

That said, while I'd prefer to have your support I don't require it.  If I needed universal love and acceptance, I'd be a firefighter. ;)

It's not the men themselves, but the idea of the position.  I don't like to be baby sat.  Especially while driving, it's silly.  I've been pulled over for some of the stupidest shit imaginable and given a ticket for a ridiculous amount of money.  Slightly speeding -> pay a bunch of money.  That doesn't add up to me.  Sure, we need tax money, but I shouldn't have to feel like people are watching me to get it.  

I've always supported the idea that police should be like the fire department.  Smaller stations spread out over a larger area and they respond to calls.  Not patrol around looking for shit.  .02 

I know they're not all bad, but there is most definitely a particular personality type that is drawn to that position.  I've know several in real life, my uncle is one of them.  It's all about the power because they're self-absorbed A-holes.  Not all cops are that way, but there are a large number of people with that personality who are drawn to that occupation.  

The same can be said with what I do.  I'm working in a juvenile facility.  There are guys I work with and have worked with in the past who you can tell they get off on the power.  It's sad.  

I wasn't trying to be offensive.  I really like you man.  You seem like a genuinely good dude.  I wish there were more like you.  

I have a man crush on Doc, I think he might be the greatest human being alive today.

Lol, I'm probably cooler online.  :D

BB, we patrol because that's how you stop issues before they start.  Reactive policing will always be the majority of what we do, but proactive policing can definitely stop crime before it starts.  You don't catch people breaking into cars sitting at a station and waiting for a call, you gotta be at the right place at the right time, and that's done by learning your beat and patrolling.

Traffic enforcement has a revenue component, but it also has a safety component.  How else are you supposed to enforce petty crimes?  No one thinks jail time is reasonable, but there have to be enforceable rules of the road if driving is to remain relatively safe.  Having lived in countries that didn't enforce any traffic laws, I see the difference.  Seeing the statistics for high crash intersections in our county when half are assigned a traffic unit for 4 hours a day on random days and the others aren't, I see the difference.  Yes, paying a fine sucks.  Its supposed to in order to deter the behavior.

I know a lot of cops that don't like to run traffic.  They consider it petty.  I usually just point out that statistically if you aren't a criminal yourself, aren't involved in gangs or the drug trade, you are much more likely to suffer injury or property loss from a traffic crash than from a violent felony.  Any individual ticket may be petty, but the cumulative effect is a safer community.  I used to write 30-60 tickets a month, when the average district car writes maybe 10.  Few people outside of Traffic wrote more than I did.  I saw direct results in reduced crashes.  Google "6400 Binford Blvd Indianapolis IN" and zoom in until you can see the street markings.  I used to have about 4 crashes a week there because people would try to use that middle "turn only" area to go straight across.  After just a few weeks of writing tickets there, crashes dropped to 2 a week.  After a few months, almost none, and I could focus on other areas.  As long as I hit that intersection once a week or so, people knew I was still there (I'm sure the people who worked in the office building there cursed me daily) and for the most part they stopped cutting across.  I'm sure a lot of the folks I ticketed didn't get why it was a big deal and that I was being petty.  A reduction in traffic crashes of over 90% seems to me that it made a positive impact in that area.   I'm an official True Believer when it comes to traffic enforcement.  

Of course now I don't even have a ticket book in my car.  I'm too busy to run traffic, and state law prohibits me from writing them anyway (you have to either be in uniform or in a marked car to write a traffic ticket in Indiana).